- Team Edural
Candidates are advised to scroll down to view the Rajasthan Patwari exam date, Rajasthan Patwari Syllabus, Rajasthan Patwari salary, and more.
The RSMSSB or the Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board has opened many vacancies for the role of Patwari. As such, the Rajasthan Patwari exam remains one of the more prestigious exams to qualify in the state of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Exam 2021 At A Glance
|Name||Rajasthan Patwari 2021|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB)|
|Number of Vacancies||5378|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Written Examination, Interview|
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Notification
RSMSSB had initially released the notification for the Rajasthan Patwari exam 2019 on 5 December 2019. The online application period was from 20 January 2020 to 26 February 2020. Candidates can check out the notification of 2019 here.
Due to the pandemic, the exams were postponed indefinitely until 8 July 2021, when RSMSSB released a revised notification that announced some more vacancies as well as the re-opening of the application portal for a second time from 15 July 2021 to 29 July 2021. It also announced that the exam will be held on 23 and 24 October 2021. Candidates can check out the revised notification of 2021 here.
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Important Dates
|Rajasthan Patwari 2019 notification release||5 December 2019|
|Rajasthan Patwari online application period 2019||20 January 2020 to 26 February 2020|
|Rajasthan Patwari revised notification 2021||8 July 20921|
|Rajasthan Patwari application portal reopens||15 July 2021 to 29 July 2021|
|Rajasthan Patwari admit card release||1st week of October 2021 (tentative)|
|Rajasthan Patwari exam date 2021||23 and 24 October 2021|
|Rajasthan Patwari result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Rajasthan Patwari 2021
Candidates should be any of the following:
- an Indian citizen
- a citizen of Nepal
- a citizen of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who have migrated to India prior to 1 January 1962
Candidates must have a graduate degree from a government-recognized university. Fluency in Devanagari script and Rajasthan's culture is mandatory. Candidates must also possess any of the following:
- an 'O'-level diploma (or higher) in DOEACC or COPA
- a DATA certificate
- a Diploma in Computer Science application from a government-recognized university
- a Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from a government-recognized Polytechnic Institute
- a Diploma of Rajasthan State Certificate in Information Technology (RS-CIT)
Age Limit (as of 1 January 2020):
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 40 years
Note: EWS male candidates will enjoy a relaxation of 5 years, while EWS female candidates will be offered a relaxation of 10 years.
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Application Fee
|General/OBC (Creamy Layer)/Other states' candidates||INR 450|
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||INR 350|
How to Apply for Rajasthan Patwari 2021
- Visit the official website of RSMSSB.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the Rajasthan Patwari application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official RSMSSB website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards. However, they are supposed to be released tentatively on the first week of October 2021.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the Rajasthan Patwari 2021 exam:
|Area||Vacancies of 2019||Vacancies of 2021||Total Updated Vacancy|
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Reservation List
The Rajasthan Patwari Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. RSMSSB has released an in-depth category-specific reservation list, which candidates can check out by clicking on the following notification pdfs:
Rajasthan Patwari Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of 2 levels:
- Written Examination
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Exam Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section in the written examination carries:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Science, Polity, History and Geography of India, General Knowledge and Current Affairs||38||76|
|History, Geography, Culture, and Polity of Rajasthan||30||60|
|General English and Hindi||22||44|
|Mental Ability and Reasoning, Numerical Ability||45||90|
|Basic Computer Aptitude||15||30|
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|Numerical Ability||Simplification, Percentage, Number system, LCM and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Number series, Average, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple and Compound Interest, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration and Data Interpretation.|
|English/Hindi||Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Correction in Sentences, Idioms and their meanings, Spell Checks.|
|Computer Aptitude||Basics of Computers, Malware, Network, Internet, SMS, messengers, Office Productivity Tools.|
|Rajasthan-specific sections||Administration, History, Art and Culture, Independence Movement, Festivals, Classical and Folk Music, Fun Fairs, Famous Tourist Sites.|
|General Knowledge about India||India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Geography, Culture, Economic trend, General Polity, and Scientific Research, Science, Books and Authors, Current Affairs, Sports, Important Days, Important Schemes, Portfolios, and People in News.|
|Mental Ability and Reasoning||Arrangements and pattern, Coding decoding, Order and Ranking, Syllogism, Linear Seating arrangement, Mathematical Inequalities, Blood relations, Circular Seating arrangement, Classification, Scheduling.|
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Results
The Rajasthan Patwari 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Cut-off
The cut offs for 2019-2021 is yet to be released, but provided below is a category and gender-specific list of cut offs as announced for the exam of 2018:
|General (Divorced Female)||39.64|
Rajasthan Patwari Job Profile
Here are the duties that a Patwari in Rajasthan must perform once hired:
- Maintaining village revenue accounts.
- Maintaining village land records.
- Intently monitoring daily activities.
- Gathering information about mukhis, village elites, and similar high-profile local individuals.
Rajasthan Patwari Salary Details
|Pay Matrix Level||5|
|Grade Pay||INR 20,800|
|In-Hand Salary||INR 24,380|
Rajasthan Patwari Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the Rajasthan Patwari 2021 paper are:
- Numerical Ability
- English and Hindi Language
- Computer Science
- India-Specific General Science and General Knowledge
- Rajasthan-Specific General Knowledge
- India-Specific History, Geography, Polity, Art, and Culture
- Rajasthan-Specific History, Geography, Polity, Art, and Culture
- Mental Ability and Reasoning
Points to note:
- The exam will be conducted offline.
- It will consist of objective-type MCQs.
- A total of 3 hours will be allotted for a total of 300 marks.
- Each correct answer will fetch 2 marks and each incorrect answer will lead to a deduction of 0.25 mark.
Here is a section-specific idea of good attempts:
|Section||Number of Good Attempts|
|Reasoning and Numerical Ability||35 to 40|
|General Knowledge||37 to 42|
|Basic Hindi||18 to 20|
|Basic Computer Aptitude||20 to 22|
|Total||110 to 125|
Note: The overall difficulty for the exam is moderate.
Preparation Tips for Rajasthan Patwari 2021
Candidates preparing for Rajasthan Patwari 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers to gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on overall development instead of studying solely from books is essential for the Rajasthan Patwari exam preparation. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Allotting a specific number of mathematics exercises daily from different subtopics and solving them diligently. Focusing on the errors and redoing the incorrect problems over and over again is advisable.
- Reading local newspapers as well as esteemed English dailies such as The Hindu and The Economic Times will provide a good base for English Language preparation. Additionally, reading local newspapers will enhance fluency in Hindi and, help stay up to date with local and national current affairs.
- Speaking with those in the vicinity in English and Hindi and watching TV shows, movies, and news channels in English and Hindi will be beneficial.
RSMSSB Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers and model papers by following these links:
Previous Years' Papers:
Recommended Books for Rajasthan Patwari 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K. Sinha|
- Samanya Hindi: Arihant
|Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Fourth edition (2018)||Rajesh Verma|
|Rajasthan Patwari Chayan Pariksha (14 Solved Papers Evam 10 Practice Sets)||Prabhat Prakashan|
|Laksya patwari guide (Rajasthan State govt. exam) edition with free last years solved papers||Manu Prakashan|
|Rajasthan Patwari Volume 2 New Edition With Free Online Objective Sets 2020||Navrang Rai|
|Rajasthan Patwari Bharti Pariksha Solved Papers Evum Practice Sets||SD Publication|
|Objective Computer Awareness||R. Pillai|
|Patwari (Rajasthan) with free Objective and Computer Booklet||Rai Publications|
|Computer Awareness Objective||Arihant|
Mental Ability and Reasoning:
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Multidimensional Reasoning||Mishra and Kumar Dr. Lal|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Panday|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali|
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
|Quick General Awareness||Disha Publications|
|Advanced Objective General Knowledge||S. Chand|
|General Awareness for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|General Knowledge Manual||Pearson Publications|
Study Plan for Rajasthan Patwari 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking the Rajasthan Patwari exam should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English and Hindi phrases and idioms, and try to incorporate them in daily conversations.
- Practice writing short stories or poems in English or Hindi to build fluency and retain vocabulary.
- Dedicate 6-8 hours to studying in a day; more than that can exhaust you.
- Make comprehensive notes for every chapter and gather the common topics of all help books together so as to avoid feeling overwhelmed with the syllabus.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card.
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding Rajasthan Patwari 2021. The payment ID must b kept handy after paying for the application form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible to avoid unnecessary last-minute stress. After all, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, aspirants must have faith in their preparations and the hard work they've put in.
All the best!