- Team Edural
To know more about the Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 exam, you can read through the Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Important Dates, Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Vacancies, Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Reservation List, Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Job Profile, and more in this article.
Indian Army has invited applications from unmarried male Engineering graduates for the 134th Technical Graduate Course (TGC-134) commencing in January 2022 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for Permanent Commission in the Indian Army. The recruitment process has no written examination, but the candidates must take note of the eligibility criteria.
It must be noted that the application process of 2021 for which notifications have just been released pertain to the session of 2022.
Mentioned below are the details-
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Name||Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021|
|Conducting Body||Indian Army|
|Vacant Post||Technical Graduate Course (TGC)|
|Number of Vacancies||40|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Engineering degree marks, interview, medical examination|
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Notification
As per the notification dated 17 August 2021, Indian Army has announced 40 vacancies for the 134th Technical Graduate Course (TGC), which you can check out here.
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Notification release||17 August 2021|
|Online application portal opens||17 August 2021|
|Last date to Apply||15 September 2021|
|Merit List 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021
Candidates must be citizens of India and must have sufficient documents to prove the same.
Candidates must have a Engineering graduate degree or be in the final year of their Engineering graduate course to apply for the TGC vacancies. They must not have any backlogs while applying.
Age Limit (as of 1 January 2022)
- Lower Age Limit: 20 years
- Upper Age Limit: 27 years
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
There is no application fee for candidates applying for the 134th TGC.
How to Apply for Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021
- Visit the official website of Indian Army TGC Recruitment.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the Indian Army TGC Recruitment application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Take a printout of your application for future reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021:
|Civil/Building Construction Technology||10|
|Electrical/Electrical & Electronics||3|
|Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Technology/M. Sc. Computer Science||8|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||2|
|Electronics and Communication||1|
|Micro Electronics and Microwave||1|
|Electronics and Instrumentation/Instrumentation||2|
|Industrial/Industrial/Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering and Management||1|
The Indian Army follows no reservation policy for the TGC recruitment procedure.
Indian Army TGC Recruitment Selection Process 2021
The selection process for Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 will consist of the candidates' Engineering degree marks, interview, and medical examination.
For the interview process, the candidate must go through the following steps:
- Psychological Evaluation
- Group Testing Office (GTO)
- Personal Interview
Note: There will be no written exam for the Indian Army TGC recruitment.
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021 Merit List
Indian Army is yet to release the merit list for the 134th TGC course. The merit list will take into account a candidate's Engineering degree marks, the performance in the interview stages, and the medical examination to be conducted subsequently.
Indian Army TGC Job Profile
Candidates must go through an intense training period during their Technical Graduate Course. A few pointers must be kept in mind:
- Candidates are not allowed to marry anytime before or after the application process, or during their stint in the training course. A candidate found breaching this rule must compensate for it by paying a refund for all the expenses incurred by the Indian Government on his behalf during the stipulated training period.
- The entire cost of training is at the Indian Government's expense. If the GC is withdrawn from the training academy due to reasons except a Medical cause or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund the total cost of training amounting to INR 12,908 per week for the period of his stay at the Indian Military Academy.
Indian Army TGC Recruitment Salary Details
The salary of the Indian Army Officers is largely decided by the ranks they serve. The entry-level rank is Lieutenant amongst all the posts. The salary structure is mentioned below:
|Lieutenant||10||INR 56,100 to 1,77,500|
|Captain||10B||INR 61,300 to 1,93,900|
|Major||11||INR 69,400 to 2,07,200|
|Lt Colonel||12A||INR 1,21,200 to 2,12,400|
|Colonel||13||INR 1,30,600 to 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||13A||INR 1,39,600 to 2,17,600|
|Major General||14||INR 1,44,200 to 2,18,200|
|Lt General/HAG Scale||15||INR 1,82,800 to 2,24,000|
|HAG Scale(Admissible to 1/3rd of the total strength of LT General)||16||INR 2,05,400 to 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army CdR/Lt Gen(NFSG)||17||INR 2,25,000|
Indian Army TGC Interview Preparation Tips:
Here are a few pointers to remember for the interview process:
- Always appear confident while speaking, and never flinch or look down during the interview.
- Try to maintain eye contact and have a smile on through out the conversation to seem optimistic and motivated.
- Go through the roles pertaining to the Technical Graduate Course that you will be required to perform in the training period so as to be prepared for any such in-depth question that might be asked.
- If asked about your weakness, try not to trick the interviewers by indirectly stating a strength, for that has been overdone and it is much appreciated if you state an actual mild weakness which you are currently working on.
Candidates are well-advised to check the official website regularly for further updates and notifications regarding Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021.
Candidates must avoid unnecessary stress. After all, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, aspirants must always have faith in the hard work they have put into their Engineering degree final examination. All the best!