- Team Edural
UPTET examination, a state-level Teacher Eligibility Test held in Uttar Pradesh, is conducted to recruit Primary-level and Upper Primary-level school teachers in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
The official notification for UPTET 2021 has not yet been released, check the official website to stay updated.
|Name of examination||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET)|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Duration of examination||150 Minutes|
UPTET IMPORTANT DATES:
|Notification release date||4 October 2021|
|Commencement of application form fill-up||7 October 2021|
|Last date to fill up the application form||25 October 2021|
|Last date for the fee payment||26 October 2021|
|Admit card release date||17 November 2021|
|UPTET 2021 exam date||28 November 2021|
|Answer key release date||2 December 2021|
|Declaration of result||28 December 2021|
UPTET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Candidates who are at least 18 years of age can apply for the UPTET examination. There are no upper age limit criteria.
Below are the educational qualification criteria for both paper-1 and paper-2. A candidate must have one of the following academic qualifications to fill the application form and sit for the examination:
UPTET Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teacher (Paper -1):
- Senior Secondary or equal with at least 50% aggregate/ appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Senior Secondary or equal with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing in the final year of their 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education), or
- Senior Secondary or equal with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing in the final year of their 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) degree, or
- Appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/ Graduation
- Passed or appearing for graduation with a B.Ed. degree
Eligibility Criteria for Upper Primary Teacher (Paper - 2):
- Graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Graduation with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), or
- Graduation with at least 45% aggregate and passed or appearing for 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), according to the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, or
- Senior Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing for the final year of a 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), or
- Senior Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing in the final year of a 4-year B.A/ B.Sc. Ed. or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed., or
- Graduation with at least 50% aggregate and passed or appearing for 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Note: B.Ed. Candidates can apply for both Paper-I and Paper-II.
UPTET APPLICATION FEE:
|Category||Fees For Paper-I (Rs.)||Fee for Paper-II (Rs.)|
HOW TO APPLY FOR UPTET:
Here are the steps to apply for UPTET 2021:
- Visit the official website and click on 'registration'.
- After registration, upload your photo, signature, and other personal details.
- Pay the required application fee via any online mode.
- Take a print out of the completed online application form.
UPTET ADMIT CARD:
UPTET Admit Card 2021 shall be released by the exam regulatory authority. With your login credentials, you can download the UPTET hall ticket online, ten days before the examination date. It is compulsory to carry the printout of the admit card to appear for the examination. Candidates can refer to the steps given below to download their admit cards.
- Visit the UPTET official website.
- Click on the UPTET 2021 link.
- Click on 'UPTET Admit Card 2021'.
- Enter your UPTET 2021 registration number and password.
- Once logged in, you can get your UPTET admit card.
- Take a printout of the UPTET 2021 hall ticket.
This year, the expected vacancies for UPTET are approximately 50,000.
UPTET SELECTION PROCESS:
UPTET is a Teacher Eligibility Test for state schools in UP, which individually releases their own set of requirements for aspiring candidates. The UPTET exam is just a means to expand your CV that can open doors to employment opportunities at renowned government schools.
UPTET EXAM PATTERN:
- The board shall conduct the examinations in two shifts
- In the morning shift, the test for UPTET paper-1 shall be conducted.
- UPTET paper-2 shall be conducted for both science and mathematics
- Social science applicants will have their exam in the evening shift.
- The duration of the examination is 150 minutes.
- It is an offline pen and paper-based examination.
- A total of 150 questions shall be asked for one mark each in both paper-I and paper-II
- There is no negative marking in the examination.
Exam Pattern for Paper-I:
|Subject||Total Marks||Number of question||Total Time|
|Child development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language - 2 (Sanskrit/English/Urdu)||30||30|
|Language - 1 (Hindi)||30||30|
Exam Pattern for Paper-II:
|Subjects||Total Marks||Number of Question||Total Time|
|Language - 1 (Hindi)||30||30|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language - 2 (Sanskrit/English/Urdu)||30||30|
|Science and Mathematics OR Social Science||30||60|
Syllabus for Paper-I:
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Learning and pedagogy, Child development concept, Teaching and learning disciplines, Inclusive education guidance and counseling|
|Language-I (Hindi)||Language and Grammar: Works of poets and writers, Language comprehension, Sentence formation, Hindi alphabets (vowels, consonants), Idioms and phrases, Spotting error/sentence correction, Usage of punctuations, Difference between all the sounds, varnas, anusvara, resonant and lunar points, Phrase, gender and time, Noun, pronoun, verb and pronoun. Pedagogy of Language Development: Role of listening and speaking: The work of language and how children use it as a tool, Principles of language teaching, Principles of language teaching, Assessing language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing, Challenges of teaching language in a classroom|
|Language-II (English/Urdu/Sanskrit)||Language skills, Comprehension, Parts of speech, Pedagogy of language development, Singular plural, Active and passive voice, Tenses - Present, Past, Future, Knowledge of the famous poetry of famous poets|
|Mathematics||Shapes and geometry, Number system, Measurements and units, Data handling, Percentage, Unitary rule, Simple and compound interest, Profit and loss, Area and volume, Measurement|
|Environmental Studies||Food and nutrition, Family and friends, Water, Shelters, Plants and animals, Things we make and do, Sports and sportsmanship, Traffic and communication, Administration, Constitution|
Syllabus for Paper-II
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Learning and pedagogy, Child development concept, Factors affecting child development, Concept of inclusive education and understanding children with special needs|
|Language-I (Hindi)||Grammar, Unseen passage, Adjectives and distinctions, Language pedagogy, Synonyms and antonyms, Figures of speech, Word Combinations, Sentence formation, Ornamentation, Idioms and proverbs|
|Language-II (English/Urdu/Sanskrit)||Grammar skills, Unseen passage and comprehension, Prepositions and its variants, Language pedagogy, Adjectives and its variants, Intersection, Active and passive voice, Synonyms and antonyms, Negative and interrogative sentences, Suffixes with root words|
|Mathematics||Percentage and ratio, Number system and simplification, Speed and distance, Time, Geometry, Algebra and mensuration, Profit and loss, Average, Banking, Pedagogy of Mathematics|
|Science||Classification of plants and animals, Food and material, From cell to organ, The structure and function of animals, The world of the living, Natural phenomenon and resources, Sound, Pedagogy of Science, Animal nutrition, Magnetism, Mine and metal, Carbon and its compounds|
|Social Studies and Others||Geography, History, Environmental Studies, Civics, Physical Education and Sports, Horticulture and Fruit Conservation, Music, Home Science|
UPTET Result 2021 shall be published on updeled.gov.in after the UPTET OMR 2021 sheet evaluation. However, before the announcement of the UPTET result, the authorities will initially release the answer key. All the candidates appearing for the UPTET examination on the scheduled date can check UPTET 2021 Results for primary and upper primary classes. Candidates can refer to the steps given below to download their results:
- Visit the UPTET official website.
- Click on the UPTET exam link.
- Click on the UPTET result link that will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter your password or OTP, registration number, captcha code/security code.
- The UPTET certificate 2021 shall be displayed on the screen.
A written exam of 150 marks with a cut-off of 60% is set for the candidates. However, the cut-off differs for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
|Category||Required Marks (Out of 150)||Minimum Percentage required|
UPTET EXAM ANALYSIS:
Exam analysis according to students who gave UPTET in 2019:
- UPTET Paper-I 2019 was moderately difficult.
- The UPTET 2019 examination for paper-I and II was more complicated than the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).
- The difficulty level of UPTET Paper-II 2019 was moderate to difficult.
- It was simpler to manage time in the UPTET examination as compared to the CTET examination.
- In language sections of UPTET Paper-I, most of the questions were asked from grammar. There were hardly any questions related to Reading Comprehension.
Section-Wise Analysis for Paper-I:
|Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP)||Easy to Moderate|
|Hindi Language||Easy to Moderate|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||Moderate|
Section-Wise Analysis for Paper-II:
|Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP)||Moderate to Difficult|
|Science||Moderate to Difficult|
|Social Studies (SST)||Moderate|
|Overall||Moderate to Difficult|
UPTET JOB PROFILE:
Here are the job duties you will perform, if you excel at UPTET:
- Focus on educating students on the entire syllabus and following the National Curriculum Framework guidelines.
- Work on the lesson ideas of the chapters, plan and organize extracurricular activities in school.
- Make the students conscious of the complete information of the syllabus, structure, and curriculum.
- Attend the parents-teachers meetings regularly
- Plan assignments, project work, team teaching, and remedial teaching.
- Develop students' interest in art, craft, games, reading, and more.
|Salary||Upper Primary Teacher Salary Structure||Primary Teacher Salary Structure|
|Pay Scale||INR 9300 to INR 44900||INR 9300 to INR 35400|
|Pay Scale (as per 7th pay commission)||INR 9300-INR 34800 with Grade Pay of INR 4600/-||INR 9300-INR 34800 with Grade Pay of INR 4200/-|
|Grade Pay||INR 4600||INR 4200|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||12% of basic pay||12% of basic pay|
|House rent Allowances (HRA)||INR 4110||INR 3240|
|Total Salary (approx.)||INR 40000 to INR 45000||INR 37000 (approx.)|
UPTET PREPARATION TIPS:
Here are some preparation tips you can abide by:
- Revise your previously made notes thoroughly
- Although the last few weeks can be chaotic, a calm and planned approach is what is needed.
- In the last few days, engage in as many mock tests as possible. This will increase your confidence and give you a thorough idea of your weak areas.
- Last but not least, a good diet and proper sleep is key to good health, and in turn success in exams.
UPTET PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|2018 UPTET Paper 1||Click here|
|2018 UPTET Paper 2||Click here|
|2017 UPTET Paper 1||Click here|
|2017 UPTET Paper 2||Click here|
|2011 UPTET Paper 1||Click here|
|2011 UPTET Paper 2||Click here|
UPTET RECOMMENDED BOOKS:
|UPTET Child Development and Pedagogy||Kiran Publication|
|Environmental Studies||Wiley Publication|
|Social Studies||Disha Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|English Language||Geeta Sahni|
|Hindi Bhasha||Diamond Power Learning|
UPTET STUDY PLAN:
Here is a study plan you can follow:
Start where you are: If you think you are ready with your preparation plans for the examination, start with the topics you are not good at, before it's too late. As the saying goes, 'Do not try to climb all the steps in one go'.
Use what you have: You must not look for all-inclusive learning resources to prepare for the exam. Watch movies and shows, diversify your learning sources.
Do what you can: Be confident. Do what you can: invest your heart and soul in it. Eventually, success will be at your doorstep, for as the saying goes, 'The starting point of all achievement is desire'.
We hope we were able to provide every information regarding UPTET 2021. Do not let anything distract you know, be determined and smart!