- Team Edural
The EPFO or Employee Provident Fund Organization is a civic statutory body under the Government of India with the sole focus of assisting the CBT (Central Board of Trustees) in providing insurance, pension and similar benefits to employees working in government bodies. The jobs available under EPFO are AO (Accounting Officer) and EO (Enforcement Officer), which are Group ‘B’ Non-Ministerial positions.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Notification
The UPSC or Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC EPFO 2021 notification on 12 January 2020 on their website, which you can check out here.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Important Dates
|UPSC EPFO 2021 Notification release||12 January 2020|
|UPSC EPFO online application portal opens||12 January 2020|
|Last date to Apply Online for UPSC EPFO 2021||31 January 2020|
|UPSC EPFO Admit card release||to be announced|
|UPSC EPFO Exam Date 2021||5 September|
|UPSC EPFO Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021
The applicant should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a government recognized institute.
The Candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidates of other nationalities may also apply if they meet the following requirements:
- A citizen of Bhutan or Nepal may apply with the necessary documents.
- A Tibetan refugee who has permanently resided since at least 1962.
- A person of Indian origin from neighboring countries like Pakistan, Vietnam, Myanmar and Sri Lanka and other East African countries who have permanently resided in India.
- The upper age limit for candidates appearing for UPSC EPFO 2021 is 30 years.
Candidates meeting the following criteria are eligible for certain age relaxations.
|Employees of the EPFO||5 Years|
|Central Government Employees||5 Years (General), 8 Years (OBC), 10 Years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs||5 Years|
|PH Candidates||10 Years (General), 13 Years (OBC), 15 Years (SC/ST)|
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Application Fee
|SC/ST Category/ PH/Women Candidates||No Fee|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 25|
How to Apply for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021
- Visit the official website of the Commission's ORA here.
- Click on the 'Click Here Part-I' and 'Part-II' section.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the UPSC EPFO application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official UPSC EPFO website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Vacancy
Category wise vacancy list for the post of Accounting Officer and Enforcement Officer:
|Category||Number of Posts|
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Reservation List
The UPSC EPFO examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies as per the vacancies detailed above. Check the official website for more information.
UPSC EPFO Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of an Objective type recruitment test, followed by an Interview round also called Personality test.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Pattern
|UPSC EPFO 2021||Exam Details|
|Duration of UPSC EPFO||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|Marking scheme||Incorrect Response: - 0.33 mark/ Correct Response: 1 mark|
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
- Indian freedom struggle
- Written and spoken English
- The Constitution
- Indian politics and economy
- National events and current affairs
- Labor Laws
- Reasoning skills and quantitative aptitude
- General science
- Working knowledge of Computers
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Results
The UPSC EPFO 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Cut-off
The following table shows the minimum suitability marks for the previous years. The list for 2021 is yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for further updates.
|Category||General||Other Backward Classes||Scheduled Castes||Scheduled Tribes||PH (OH)||PH (HI)|
UPSC EPFO 2021 Job Profile
- Overseeing general administrative work including enforcement, recovery, administration, pension, and computer sections.
- Ensure settlement of claims
- Supervising the maintenance of cash book and bank statement verification
- Addressing the complaints of employees and report them to the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner
- Conducting financial surveys
- Attending prosecution cases
- Serving summons and warrants on a defaulting employer
UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 Salary
|Pay Matrix Level||Level 8|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 3,4800|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4,800|
|Entry Pay||Rs. 47,600|
|Total Salary||Rs. 53,312|
|Total Salary (Including TA, HRA, etc. )||Rs. 60,000|
UPSC EPFO Examination Analysis
Here candidates can find an estimated breakdown of the various topics most likely to be included in the exam and the interview round.
|Indian Freedom Struggle|
|Social Security Laws in India|
|Fundamentals of Computer Operation|
|General Mental Ability, Quantitative Aptitude|
Preparation Tips for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021
Candidates preparing for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of UPSC EPFO preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides in order to gain that competitive edge.
- Keeping an eye on current affairs and local as well as international news is a big part of learning organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
UPSC EPFO Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Analysis of Financial Statement||T.S. Grewal|
|The Constitution of India: Miracle, Surrender, Hope||Rajeev Dhavan|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for UPSC EPFO Examination 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking UPSC EPFO should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice relevant quizzes online on a regular basis.
- Keep reading Government-issued magazines such as Yojana and Kurukshetra.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is a good way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates must keep checking the official website for any new update regarding UPSC EPFO 2021. Fee payment should be done in time and the payment slip must be kept handy for future reference. Candidates must start preparations as early as possible to avoid unnecessary last-minute stress.
Have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!