- Team Edural
UPSC or ‘Union Public Service Commission’ annually employs eligible candidates for the position of Combined Medical Services (CMS) officers. CMS officers are recruited to a plethora of esteemed organizations, including Indian Railways, the Indian Ordnance Factories, New Delhi Municipal Council, Municipal Corporation of Delhi, working under the umbrella of the Government of India.
The official notification for the UPSC CMS examination is usually announced in the month of April, following which the examination is conducted in the month of July. Once you qualify through the written rounds, you’ll be asked to sit through a round of interviews by UPSC.
UPSC CMS 2021 Notification
UPSC is yet to release the official notification for the CMS recruitment exam 2021. You can view it here, once it is notified.
UPSC CMS 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||UPSC CMS 2021|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Official Notification||UPSC website|
|Selection Process||Online written test + interview|
UPSC CMS 2021 Vacancy
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer (Railways)||300|
|Assistant Medical Officer (Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services)||46|
|Junior Scale Posts (Central Health Services)||250|
|General Duty Medical Officer (New Delhi Municipal Council)||07|
|General Duty Medical Gr.-II (East Delhi/ North Delhi/South Delhi Municipal Corporation)||362|
UPSC CMS 2021 Recruitment Salary Details
Here’s what the salary structure for CMS officers look like:
- Base Salary: INR 56,100
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer (Railways) Salary:INR 15,600 to INR 39,100
- Junior Scale Post Officers (Central Health Service) Salary: INR 56100 to INR 177500
- General Duty Medical Officer (New Delhi Municipal Council): INR 56100 to INR 177500
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS 2021
- If you wish to be eligible for the UPSC CMS exam 2021, you must be:
- An Indian citizen
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan or Tibetan refugees
- A person of Indian origin migrating from the following countries with the intent to settle permanently in India: Pakistan/Myanmar/Sri Lanka/East African Countries (Kenya, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia)/Vietnam
- Candidates must have passed the written as well as the practical sections of the MBBS Examination.
UPSC CMS 2021 Age Limit:
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
- Maximum Age- 32 years
Disclaimer: Note that the age will be counted as of August 1, 2021. Therefore, you must be born no earlier than August 2, 1989.
UPSC CMS Exam Application Fee
|Females/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Nil|
UPSC CMS 2021 Application Form
It has been confirmed that the CMS exam 2021 official notification was scheduled to be available from 5th May 2021 but has been postponed till further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.:
You can apply for the UPSC CMS exam 2021 here.
Steps to Apply for UPSC CMS Recruitment 2021
If you wish to appear for the CMS exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website.
- Navigate to the exam notifications section
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link in the said notification.
- Select the Part 1 registration link
- Make sure you go through all the information carefully and click on ‘yes’
- Fill out the required fields: name, DOB, category, gender, email ID, contact info, permanent residential address, marital status, community, parents’ names, educational qualifications
- Click on ‘Continue’, go through all the details once again and click on ‘Submit’.
- For Part 2 of registration, complete payment of the application fee as applicable for you
- Upload your photo, signature, along with the required documents
- Click on ‘I Agree’ once you have read the declaration carefully
- Finally, make a note of the registration number, and do not forget to take a printout of the application for posterity
UPSC CMS Exam Dates 2021
The online application for UPSC 2021 is yet to begin. You can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|UPSC CMS Exam 2021 Notification Date||To be notified|
|Start Date for Online Application||To be notified|
|Last Date for Online Application||To be notified (usually 20 days following the date of notification)|
|CMS Admit Card||To be notified (usually 3 weeks before exam)|
|CMS Exam||To be notified|
|CMS Result||To be notified|
UPSC CMS Mains Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
|General Medicine (Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology, Psychiatry)||96|
Total Marks: 250
|Surgery (ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology, Orthopedics)||40|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Total Marks: 25
The CMS exam follows a few integral guidelines:
- It is conducted online (Computer Based Test).
- It will be set in English.
- There are 2 different papers for 120 minutes each.
- The questions are purely Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ).
- The exam is of a total of 500 marks.
- For every incorrect response, 1/3rd marks shall be deducted.
UPSC CMS Exam 2021 Syllabus
Usually, the UPSC CMS syllabus looks something like this:
- Written objective-type examination: 2 papers, each of two hours duration (250 marks)
- Personality Test (100 marks) if you qualify through the written test
UPSC CMS 2021 Books
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Combined Medical Services UPSC Entrance Examination 16ED||M.S.Bhatia|
|Elsevier Comprehensive Guide To Combined Medical Services (UPSC) With UPSC Simplified Supplement 2011||Prakash Nayak|
|ELS Comp Guide to Combined Medical Services: UPSC Simplified||Prakash Nayak|
|Medicine MCQs for Medical Professionals (PGMEE)||Ajay Mathur|
UPSC CMS Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Keep a fresh mind when you sit down to study. Make sure there are few distractions. It is essential to have a calm mind to retain the information you study.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Ensure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centres around to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works on the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
UPSC CMS Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the UPSC CMS 2021 Exam:
- Make sure you have prepared a fixed schedule for your daily preparation.
- Develop reading habits that enhance your knowledge in history, geography, polity, and sciences.
- Practice last years question papers and sample papers.
- Practice your speaking skills for the interview.
- Sit for numerous mock tests.
UPSC CMS Previous Years Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for UPSC CMS:
For more previous years question papers, check out the UPSC official page.
UPSC CMS 2020 Cut-offs
While the 2021 cut offs haven't been announced it, here are the cut-offs for UPSC CMS 2020:
|Category of the Candidates||Cutoff Scores (Out of 500)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||235|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||222|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||223|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)||101|
UPSC CMS 2021 Interview
The dates for the UPSC CMS interview are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the interview dates when they are uploaded.
UPSC CMS 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the UPSC CMS exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
Want to be a flourishing UPSC CMS officer with a commendable pay grade? Make sure you check out the official website of UPSC regularly and keep a note of the previous years’ question patterns. Pay your application fee in time and do not miss any submission deadline.
Ensure appropriately scanned documents and pictures are at your disposal during the application process. Most of all, a stable internet connection along with a working laptop/PC are integral to the whole procedure. Keep your head held high while preparing enough to be confident in your chances of cracking this dignified position, and the odds shall be on your side!