- Team Edural
Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited, commonly known as UPRVUNL, has started recruiting Junior Engineer (JE) Trainee Posts through an online application process. A total of 196 vacancies are announced for Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation & Computer.
UPRVUNL JE HIGHLIGHTS:
|Name of the Organization||Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL)|
|Trade||Electrical & Mechanical|
|Advertisement Number||U – 38/ UPRVUNL /2021|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer (Trainee) for Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical, Mechanical & Computer|
|Number of Vacancies||196|
|Job Location||Uttar Pradesh|
|Job Category||Uttar Pradesh Govt Jobs|
UPRVUNL JE DATES:
|Notification release date||20 March 2021|
|Online Application start date (Revised)||3 June 2021|
|Last date to Apply online (Revised)||2 July 2021|
|Last date to submit the application fee (Revised)||4 July 2021|
|UPRVUNL JE Exam date||To be announced|
UPRVUNL JE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
You must fulfil any one of the given educational criteria for the Junior Engineer post in UPRVUNL.
- Three years diploma exam in a Relevant Engineering discipline from a state government recognized institute,
- Three years All India Diploma Exam in Relevant Engineering discipline conducted by the AICTE.
- Three years Diploma Exam in Relevant Engineering discipline conducted by any of the Universities in India. (by any act of the State/Central legislature)
Knowledge of Hindi:
- You need to have knowledge of Hindi in the Devanagari text.
- Suppose you haven't passed High School or equivalent exam in Hindi. In that case, you must qualify for the exam conducted by the Regulatory Authority, U.P. within three years of joining.
The candidate's age limit must be within 18 years to 40 years to apply for the post of UPRVUNL Junior Engineer.
|Apprenticeship training under Apprenticeship Act 1961 -Actual period||12 months|
|ST, SC & OBC (non-creamy layer) with Uttar Pradesh domicile||5 years|
|Dependents of freedom fighters with Uttar Pradesh domicile||5 years|
|Physically handicapped (OA/OL) candidates with 40% and above disability||15 years|
If a female/male candidate has more than one living husband/wife respectively, then she/he cannot apply for the UPRVUNL Examination for Junior Engineers.
UPRVUNL JE APPLICATION FEE:
|General/EWS/OBC candidates||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ST candidates of U.P.||INR 700/-|
|Physically Handicapped candidates of U.P.||INR 10/-|
HOW TO APPLY FOR UPRVUNL JE:
Step 1- Registration/Signing up for UPRVUNL JE Examination:
- You first need to provide your details & contact details to obtain the registration number/login ID & password.
- The Registration number/ login ID & password shall be sent to your email address & your contact number.
Step 2- Log in to complete your UPRVUNL JE Application Form:
- Log in with the Registration number/login ID & password to complete your application process.
- Enter your communication address, details, educational qualification & declaration.
- Moreover, upload your signature, passport size photograph & self-attested certificates.
Step 3- Payment of the Application Fee:
- The final step is to pay the application fee for the UPRVUNL JE Examination 2021.
- Re-login after 24 hours of submitting the application form to pay the required amount of the application fee.
- Check & confirm the application number, status, applies post & category & proceed to make the payment.
- Choose the payment mode, i.e. Credit Card/ Debit/Net banking.
- Remember the transaction number for further convenience.
UPRVUNL JE ADMIT CARD:
Admit card is a document used to identify the person who is applying for the given posts. The concerned organization issues the Admit cards. However, the Admit cards are not released yet, but soon they will be released on the official website of UPRVUNL. Candidates must follow the steps below to fetch their admit cards/
- Visit the UPRVUNL official website.
- Open the Notification for a related post displayed on the screen.
- Now, find the “Download Admit Card” option.
- Here, you can get the download Admit card option.
- Log in with your provisional id & password.
- Download & Print the admit card for future references.
UPRVUNL JE VACANCY & RESERVE LIST:
|Post||Total Vacancies||Category Wise Vacancies||Category Wise Vacancies||Category Wise Vacancies||Category Wise Vacancies||Category Wise Vacancies|
|Electronics/ Control & Instrumentation||39||09||23||03||02||02|
UPRVUNL JE SELECTION PROCESS:
UPRVUNL Junior Engineer's selection process shall be made through an online computer-based test (CBT) conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited. The candidates obtaining the required cut-off marks in the UPRVUNL CBT shall be called for the next stage; document verification round.
Further, the conducting body will apply the normalization process if the UPRVUNL CBT is conducted in multiple shifts. Thus, we can say that the selection process rests on two phases:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Document Verification (DV)
UPRVUNL JE EXAM PATTERN:
- There are two parts in the examination for the Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical, Mechanical & Computer Science branches.
- Part-I will have questions associated with the diploma engineering branch for which you have opted.
- On the other hand, Part-II will have questions from General Knowledge, General Hindi, Reasoning & that will be common to every discipline's candidates.
- Further, you will be awarded one mark for every correct answer, and a negative mark of 0.25 of negative marking shall be implemented for every incorrect answer.
|Part||No. of questions||Subject||Type of Questions|
|Part-I||150||Diploma Engineering questions in the relevant discipline||Objective Multiple-Choice|
|Part-II||50||a) General Hindi, b) Reasoning, c) General Knowledge||Objective Multiple-Choice|
UPRVUNL JE SYLLABUS:
Syllabus for Part-I:
|Civil Engineering Syllabus||Surveying & Measurement, Constructions Materials, Mechanics of Solids, Transport Phenomenon, Structural Analysis, Engineering Economy & Management, Energy Conversion, Elementary Engineering, Structural Design, Environmental Engineering, Soil Mechanics & Foundations Engineering, Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Open Channel Flow, Design of Hydraulic Structure, Transportation Engineering, Public Health Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Production Technology, Material Science & Metallurgy, Automotive Engines, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials & Design, Mechanics, Heat Transfer etc.|
|Electrical Engineering||Utilization of Electrical Energy, AC Fundamentals, Power Systems, Network Theory, Power Electronics & Drives, Electrical Machines, Analog & Digital Electronics, Basic Electrical Engineering Concepts, Magnetic Circuit, Measurement & measuring instruments, Estimation & costing, Basic Electronics etc.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Analog Electronics, Basics of Circuits & Measurement Systems, Transducers, Mechanical Measurement & Industrial Instrumentation, Digital Electronics, Electrical & Electronic Measurements, Control Systems & Process Control, Signals, Systems & Communications, Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Biomedical Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Analytical Instrumentation, Control Systems & Process Control, Basics of Circuits & Measurement Systems, Industrial Instrumentation, Systems & Communications, Digital Electronics, Optical Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics Measurements, Mechanical Measurement, Signals, Transducers.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Information & Network Security, Computer Fundamentals & Programming, Data Communication & Networks, Operating System, Cyber Law in India, Relational Database Management System, Linux System Administration.|
Syllabus for Part-II:
|Hindi||रिक्त स्थान आदि को भरना, व्याकरण, शब्दावली, वाक्यों का अनुवाद, शब्दभेद, शब्दों का उपयोग, समझना।|
|GK||Indian Geography, Current Affairs – National 7 International, History – India & World, Science & Technology, Indian Polity, Indian Constitution, Environmental Issues, Indian Economy etc.|
|Reasoning||Figures Classification, Discrimination, Non-verbal series, Visual Memory, Spatial Orientation, Relationship concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning, ,Arithmetic Number Series, Similarities & Differences, Spatial Visualization, Coding & Decoding, Alphabet Series, Analogies, Observation etc.|
UPRVUNL JE RESULT:
The UPRVUNL JE 2021 results shall be accessible soon after the examination is over on their official website. Therefore, candidates eager to know about the results are suggested to check the official website regularly to stay up-to-date.
UPRVUNL JE CUT-OFF:
The UPRVUNL JE cut-off 2021 shall be released soon along with the UPRVUNL JE result on its official website. The conducting body shall call candidates scoring equal to or more than the cut-off marks in the UPRVUNL JE examination 2021 for the document verification process. Candidates can refer to the UPRVUNL JE 2016 cut-off below to get an idea about it:
|Category||Mechanical||Electrical||Civil||Electronics & Instrumentation|
UPRVUNL JE EXAM ANALYSIS:
The UPRVUNL JE Examination 2016 had 150 technical questions in Mechanical Engineering. Below is the topic-wise question analysis of the exam to give you an idea about the UPRVUNL JE Examination topics.
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Theory of Machines||17|
|Strength of Materials||28|
|Machine Tool Operations||4|
|Non Conventional Machining||1|
|Metrology & Inspection||1|
|I C Engine||4|
The UPRVUNL JE Examination 2016 had 150 technical questions in Electrical Engineering. Here is the topic-wise question analysis of the exam to give you an idea about the topics the UPRVUNL JE Examination covers.
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||6-7|
|Network & Circuit theory||6-7|
|Special or Fractional KW Machines||9|
|Utilization of electrical energy||9-10|
|Semiconductors & Diode||4-5|
UPRVUNL JE JOB PROFILE:
- Junior engineers develop plans & calculate a variety of elements within an engineering project following the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Manage project workflow, provide direct day-to-day support & oversight of project elements & develop project schedules & deliverable timelines.
- Provide direct/ indirect Engineering support - submitting documentation to officials, gathering data for permit applications, etc.
- Prepare progress reports & present them to senior engineers & other personnel.
- One of the significant roles of Junior Engineers is to promote coordination & collaboration among team members that involve contractors, technicians & other junior engineers.
UPRVUNL JE SALARY:
- The candidates selected by the UPRVUNL JE examination shall be paid approximately INR 50,000/- after deductions from their salary.
- The gross salary based on the pay scale shall be approximately INR 56000/-.
UPRVUNL JE PREPARATION TIPS:
- Be thorough with the syllabus & exam pattern so that you do not miss out on anything.
- Make short notes & flashcards on separate notebooks or pages so that you can go through them at odd hours and before the exam date.
- Engage regularly in mock tests, so know your performance level & sharpen your skills.
- Solve regular MCQs & full-length online tests to know your weakness & strength.
- Prepare a reasonable timetable according to yourself. Learning & revision should be a significant part of your daily routine.
- Focus on basic concepts more & make short & precise notes. Keep yourselves updated regarding any new updates.
- Practice previous question papers. Focus on your personality & communication skills. Additionally, Be honest with yourself.
UPRVUNL JE PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|UPRVUNL JE Electronics 2011 previous question paper||Click here|
|UPRVUNL JE Reasoning previous question paper||Click here|
|UPRVUNL JE Mental Ability previous question paper||Click here|
|UPRVUNL JE Civil Engineering previous question paper||Click here|
|UPRVUNL JE Civil Electrical previous question paper||Click here|
UPRVUNL JE RECOMMENDED BOOKS:
Books for UPRVUNL JE (Electrical):
|Electrical Engineering Objective Types General Awareness||M. Handa & A. Handa|
|Question Bank in Electrical Engineering||J.B Gupta|
|Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering - master guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Objective Electrical Technology||Rohit Mehta & V.K. Mehta|
Books for UPRVUNL JE (Mechanical):
|Khanna's Mechanical Objective Type||Dr. Sadhu Singh|
|Objective Mechanical Engineering (Diploma) Competitive Exams||G. K. Publications|
|Mechanical Engineering for competitions||R. K. Jain|
Books for UPRVUNL JE( Electronics Engineering):
|A Handbook for Electronics Engineering||Arihant’s|
|U. P. Power Corporation Ltd. Assistant Engineering Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|An Integrated Course in Electronics Engineering||J B Gupta|
|Objective Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||M. P. Sinha|
Books for UPRVUNL (Computer Science Engineering):
|Handbook of Computer Science & IT||Arihant’s|
|Objective Computer Science & Information Technology for Competitive Examinations||Jushta Jaiswal|
Non-Technical Books for UPRVUNL JE 2021:
|Subjects||Title of the Book||Author’s Name/Publication|
|General Knowledge & Everyday Science||Lucent’s G.K, Lucent General Science book for Chemistry, Physics, biology||Manwendra Mukul & Dr Binay Karna, Ravi Bhushan|
|Reasoning & Mental Ability||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning, A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggrawal, R.S. Aggrawal|
|Hindi General||Samanya Hindi, Samanya Hindi||Mani Shankar Ojha (NP Publication), Onkar Nath Verma|
UPRVUNL JE STUDY PLAN:
A Time table- Analyze your standard long before the exam. Create a well-structured schedule for each day. To successfully crack the UPRVUNL JE 2021, it is advised that the aspirants start preparing ahead of time.
Learn & Revise- The vast syllabus of the examination can get you anxious. Plan your study method in such a way that you get to revise whatever you have learnt the whole day or week.
Focus on basic concepts- Candidates should be mindful of the country and its significant evolution. It is expected of the candidates to know about the country's and the state's society, culture etc.
Making evident notes- Making quick notes when you're studying helps you the next time you flip your books for revision.
Current Affairs- The examination examines an aspirant's thorough knowledge of the society in which they reside. Learning about international events is also essential, but knowing one's district, state, and country should be considered the foundation for preparation. This provides significant help in serving the nation well accordingly.
Read newspapers- The obsolete idea of keeping one updated through newspapers about what's happening in and around has made a remarkable revival through these exams; the aspirants are therefore suggested to look at more than one newspaper a day.
Practicing questions- A crucial task to add to your daily life as an aspirant is practicing previous years' question paper. Solving past year questions might sound like a mundane task, but it is worth the pain. It helps provide a clear picture of what you are going to approach.
Personality & Communication skills- The interview phase is a very significant part of the examination. Ensure to address your thoughts transiently to the interviewers. Therefore, it is highly recommended to prepare for the interview several times, polishing your communication skills. However, a candidate has to answer all the questions with honesty.
UPRVUNL JE looks for promising personalities with absolute honesty & a great worldview; we hope you draw yourself up like so. Best wishes!