- Team Edural
UPPSC or the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the Judicial Services exam every year that strives to aptly gauge a candidate's knowledge in the field of law to place them in the UP Judicial Body accordingly. It is conducted in 3 parts: Prelims, Mains, and the Interview. Candidates can find the details of the exam below:
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 At A Glance
|Name||UP Judicial Services 2021-2022|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, Interview|
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Notification
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is yet to release the official notification for the UP Judicial Services exam of 2021-2022. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website to stay up-to-date.
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Important Dates
|UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 notification release||to be announced|
|UP Judicial Services online application portal opens||to be announced|
|Last date to apply for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022||to be announced|
|UP Judicial Services admit card release||to be announced|
|UP Judicial Services Prelims exam date 2021-2022||to be announced|
|UP Judicial Services Mains exam date 2021-2022||to be announced|
|UP Judicial Services result 2021-2022||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in the field of law from any government-recognized university.
- Alternatively, candidates must be an Advocate under the Advocate Act of 1961, a Barrister of England/Northern Ireland, or a Member of the Faculty of Advocates in Scotland, with the right to practice in the Court or Courts, subordinate to it.
- Candidates must be fluent in Hindi (Devnagri script).
- Aspirants must be between 22 and 35 years of age to apply for this post.
|State Government employees||5 years|
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee||Online Processing Fee||Total Fee to be Paid|
|General/OBC||INR 100||INR 25||INR 125|
|SC/ST||INR 40||INR 25||INR 65|
|PH||Nil||INR 25||INR 25|
How to Apply for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022
- Visit the official website of UPPSC.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the UP Judicial Services application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official UPPSC website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
UPPSC is yet to announce the category-wise vacancies for 2021-2022. Here is a detailed idea of the category-wise vacancy for 2019-2020:
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Reservation List
The UP Judicial Services examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. UPPSC is yet to announce the reservation of seats for the 2021-2022 exam. Candidates can find a distinct break-down of category-wise vacancies for the year 2019-2020 under the 'List of Vacancies' subsection.
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Selection Process
The selection process consists of the following:
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Exam Pattern
Here is the structure of the UPPSC Assistant recruitment exam:
|Sections||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Knowledge||150||2 hours|
|III||Law I (Substantive Law)||200|
|IV||Law II (Procedure and Evidence)||200|
|V||Law III (Penal, Revenue, and Local Laws)||200|
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Knowledge||History and Geography of India, Indian Culture, Indian Polity, Current National Issues, Socially relevant topics, International Relations, Economy of India, International Affairs, Scientific Discoveries and Institutions, Communications and Space.|
|Law||Jurisprudence, International Organizations, Current International Affairs, Indian Constitution, Law of contract, Indian Evidence Act, Indian Penal Code, Transfer of Property Act, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code.|
|Language||Precis, Essay, English to Hindi and Hindi to English Translation Passages.|
|Law I (Substantive Law)||Substantive Law, Mohammedan Law, Constitutional Law, Laws concerning easements and torts, Law of Contracts, Law of Partnership, Hindu Law, Law of trust and specific relief, Principles of Equity, Law related to transfer of property.|
|Law II (Procedure and Evidence)||Procedure and Evidence, Code of Civil Procedure, Evidence of witnesses, Framing of charges, Criminal Procedure Code, Law of Evidence, The writing of judgment, Practical matters, Principles of pleading, Conduct of cases.|
|Law III (Penal, Revenue, and Local Laws)||Indian Penal Code, Land reforms Act 1951 (Uttar Pradesh), UP Zamindari Abolition, Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act, UP Planning and Development Act of 1973, Consolidation of Holdings Act of 1953, Panchayat Raj Act, Regulation of Letting, Rent, and Eviction Act of 1972.|
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Results
The UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 Cut-off
UPPSC is yet to release the official cut offs for the year 2021-2022. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official UPPSC website to know whenever it is released.
Here are the category-wise qualifying marks for previous years:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
UP Judicial Services Job Profile
Here are some posts that an UPPSC Judicial Services aspirant might be eligible for, following the Judicial Services exam:
- Oath Commissioner
- District and Sessions Judge
- Attorney General
- Advocate General
- Public Prosecutor
UP Judicial Services Salary Details
|Basic Pay||Dearness Allowances||Gross Pay||Take-Home|
|LLB||INR 56,100||INR 9,537||INR 70,000||INR 65,000|
|LLM||INR 61,300||INR 10,421||INR 76,000||INR 70,000|
Preparation Tips for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022
Candidates preparing for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022 are well-advised to do the following:
- Aspirants should take time to prepare diligently. It doesn’t hurt to follow a strict study plan and make other conscious changes to increase the output for the finals.
- Candidates must begin preparations right now and save themselves the hassle of being under too much pressure later on.
- Examinees ought to get into a habit of accumulating information from elsewhere. Books can only get one so far, and there are tons of informational channels on YouTube which discuss relevant exam related details.
- Students are advised to solve mock papers and time trial themselves. That will provide invaluable practice and help them gauge their performance better.
Recommended Books for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022
Here are a few books candidates can consider for their UPPSC Judicial Services exam preparation:
- Guide to UP Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Preliminary Examination
- A Textbook of Jurisprudence: Avtar Krishen Koul
- Indian Constitutional Law: Prof. M.P. Jain
- Family Law: Dr. U.P.D. Kesari
- Outlines of Mohammedan Law: Asaf A. A. Fyzee
- Textbook on Law Of Contract and Specific Relief: Avtar Singh
- Law of Sale of Goods: Avtar Singh
- The Negotiable Instrument Act: O. P. Faizi
Study Plan for UP Judicial Services 2021-2022
Any candidate interested in cracking UP Judicial Services should plan to do the following:
- Begin focusing on languages and solving online quizzes regarding the same. Fluency in English and Hindi can be immensely beneficial for the UP Judicial Services exam.
- Practice logical reasoning exercises daily to be thorough with methods of argument and deliberation in the court of law.
- Watch law-related TV shows and movies that highlight the various aspects of the legal community.
- Try to converse with anyone interested in current affairs in your vicinity, along with watching movies, TV shows, or listening to podcasts or audiobooks to amplify your knowledge of international current affairs.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates are well-advised to check the official website regularly for further updates and notifications regarding UP Judicial Services 2021-2022. The payment ID is crucial, so it must be kept handy after paying for the form.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. With that said, aspirants must always have faith in their preparations and the hard work they have put in. All the best!