- Team Edural
The Union Bank of India has released its official notification to recruit the Specialist Officer(SO). A total of 347 vacancies are announced. The online application for UBI SO 2021 has already begun. Interested & eligible candidates can apply until 3 September 2021.
|Organization name||Union Bank of India|
|Conducting Authority||Union Bank|
|Examination name||Union Bank of India Specialist Officers Recruitment|
|Application start date||12 August 2021|
|Application last date||3 September 2021|
|Last date to pay the fee||3 September 2021|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|Examination date||9 October 2021|
Educational Qualification & Age Limit:
Candidates must be at least 20 years, while the maximum age limit to apply is 40 years as of 1 August 2021.
|Post||Educational qualification||Age limit|
|Senior Manager (Risk)||Professional Risk Management Certification from PRIMA Institute/ **** Certification in Financial Risk Management from Global Association of Risk (GARP). OR Holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute. OR Full-time MBA in Finance (Minimum two years)/PGDM with specialization in finance) Minimum 60% in aggregate/ CMA (ICWA)/CA/CS. OR Master in Statistics/Mathematics or Economics Minimum of 60% in aggregate.||30-40 years|
|Manager (Civil Engineer)||B.Tech./B.E Degree in Civil Engineering from a University recognized by the Government.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Risk)||Professional Risk Management Certification from PRIMA Institute/ Certification in Financial Risk Management from Global Association of Risk (GARP). OR Holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute. Full-time MBA in Finance (Minimum 2 Years)/PGDM with specialization in finance) Minimum 60% in aggregate/ CMA (ICWA)/CA/CS. OR Master in Statistics/ Mathematics or Economics Minimum of 60% in aggregate.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Architect)||Bachelor Degree in Architecture from an Indian government recognized University.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Printing Technologist)||B.Tech./B.E Degree in Printing Technology from a University recognized by the Government.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Electrical Engineer)||B.Tech./B.E Degree in Electrical Engineering from a University recognized by the Government.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Chartered Accountant)||Chartered Accountant from an institution recognized by ICAI.||25-35 years|
|Manager (Forex)||Graduate in any discipline from a University recognized by Government U Full-time MBA (Minimum two years)/ PGDBA/ PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with Specialization in Finance/ International Business/ Trade Finance from a University recognized by the Indian Government with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.||25-35 years|
|Assistant Manager (Forex)||Graduate in any discipline from a University recognized by Government of India& Full-time MBA (Minimum two years)/ PGDBA/ PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with Specialization in Finance/ International Business/ Trade Finance from an Indian Government recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.||20-30 years|
|Assistant Manager (Technical Officer)||Degree in Engineering in Electrical/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Production/ Metallurgy/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Textile/ Chemical etc./ B.Pharma from a government recognized University.||20-30 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD)||10 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers,||5 years|
- Indian citizens or,
- A subject of Bhutan/ Nepal or,
- A Tibetan Refugee who relocated to India before 1 January 1962, to settle here permanently or,
- A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Burma/ Pakistan/ Sri Lanka/ the United Republic of Tanzania/ East African Countries from Kenya/ Zambia/ Malawi/ Tari/ Ethiopia/ Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently.
|Gen, OBC||INR 850|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit the official website of UBI.
- Tap on the recruitment tab on the home page.
- Register yourself with your Name, Contact details & Email-id.
- After that, upload your photo, signature & other asked documents in the prescribed format.
- Pay the mentioned application fee & submit the form.
- Keep a printout of the same for future reference.
The call letters to the receptive stages of the exam are issued on the Union Bank of India official website. Just after the dates are announced, you can have access to your Union Bank SO admit cards. It is mandatory for you to carry your admit card to the examination hall.
|Manager (Risk )||60|
|Senior Manager (Risk)||60|
|Manager (Civil Engineer)||07|
|Manager (Electrical Engineer)||02|
|Manager (Printing Technologist)||01|
|Assistant Manager (Technical Officer)||26|
|Manager (Chartered Accountant)||14|
|Assistant Manager (Forex)||12|
To know about the reservation list of Union Bank Specialist Officer recruitment, you can check out the official notification, for which the link is provided above.
The selection process involves an online examination, a group discussion (if held), and a personal interview based on the number of eligible candidates.
- Group Discussion/ Online Examination: The first stage of the recruitment phase is an online examination or group discussion. The bank decides to conduct any one of the said examinations. In case the online examination takes place, there is a special format discussed in the upcoming paragraphs. Candidates must score more than the prescribed cut-off marks to be eligible for the personal interview stage. Those who miss scoring the minimum qualifying marks are precluded. Based on the online examination/ group discussion performance, candidates are asked for the interview round. The written test, if conducted, shall consist of 200 marks, to be concluded within 120 minutes.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who clear the first stage are asked for the interview round that consists of 50 marks. They are tested basically on their academic efficiency, professional knowledge, clarity of thought, presentation, hobbies, general knowledge, communication skills, etc. Candidates must score the minimum score to clear the stage.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Inequalities, Puzzles, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Coding-Decoding, Order and Ranking, Distance and Direction, Alphanumeric Series, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Completion of Patterns, Charts, Classifications, Image Analysis, Character Puzzles, Logical Sequence of Words|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Detection of Errors, Cloze Test, Improving Sentences and paragraphs, Para jumbling, Completion of paragraphs, Fill in the blanks, Modes of narration, Parts of speech, Voice Change, Prepositions, Sentence Structure, Clauses, Adjectives, One Word Substitution.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation, Number Series, Simplification, Data Sufficiency, Quadratic Equations, Discounts, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Percentages, Mixtures, Profit and Loss, Time Work and Distance, Partnerships, Probability, Rate of Interest, Permutation and Combination, Calculus, Analytical Geometry, Differential Equations, Statistics, Real Analysis, Dynamics.|
|General Awareness||Banking Awareness, Current Affairs and Static G.K., International and National Awareness, Books, Authors and Awards, Countries, Currencies, and Capitals, Headquarters of Important Organizations, Government Policies, Prime Minister Schemes, Important Dates and Events, History and Politics, Economics and Finance, Physics, Biology.|
After completing the exam stage, the results of the shortlisted candidates shall be published on the bank's official website. They are informed through a confirmation email/ SMS. Only the candidates who achieve well in all the recruitment phases & clear all cut-offs stand a chance to be selected. Selected candidates must undergo a probation period of two years before obtaining their permanent place in the bank.
The cut-off marks are the minimum qualifying marks the candidates must score to be eligible in the further stages of the selection process. We are yet to collect any information about the official cut-off figures. Several factors like the number of candidates appearing for the examination, the difficulty level of the exam, vacancies, etc., might influence the official cut-off figures. The categorical cut-offs vary for each section. Keep checking out the official website to stay up-to-date.
|Post||Basic Pay Scale||Scale/ G|
|Senior Manager (Risk)||63840-1990/5-73790-2220/2-78230||MMGS -III|
|Manager (Risk )||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Civil Engineer)||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Architect)||48170-1740/1-49910-||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Electrical Engineer)||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Printing Technologist)||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Forex)||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Manager (Chartered Accountant)||48170-1740/1-49910-1990/10-69810||MMGS - II|
|Assistant Manager (Technical Officer)||36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840||JMGS - I|
|Assistant Manager (Forex)||36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840||JMGS - I|
- Oversees the technological aspects of Banking operations
- Promotes Banking Services & Products among users.
- They move around improving the market presence & profits of the bank through relevant marketing campaigns & promotions activities.
- Handles the training & induction of new employees.
- Works on the different bank policies in consultation with senior managers.
- Based on the RBI policy of the Government, they suggest banks for profitable operations.
- Make a habit of practising previous question papers regularly. You get the idea about the essential topics & focus on the significant sections accordingly.
- Try to venture regular mock tests or at least weekly mock tests. This helps you to understand your preparation status & manage time better.
- Another critical task is to work on your speed. Write & practice the questions regularly to increase your speed & accuracy.
- Go through the most suitable books for each section, which is discussing that below.
PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|UBI Specialist Officer General Knowledge previous question paper||Click here|
|UBI Specialist Officer Quantitative Aptitude previous question paper||Click here|
|UBI Specialist Officer General Awareness previous question paper||Click here|
|Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||S Chand|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal||Quantitative Aptitude||S Chand|
|General Awareness||-||General Knowledge 2021||Arihant Experts|
|English Language||Wren & Martin||High School English Grammar & Composition||S Chand|
Start where you are: If you think you are ready with your preparation plans for the examination, start with the topics you are not good at before it's too late. As the saying goes, 'Do not try to climb all the steps in one go'. Start the points, which require great significance now as you decide.
Use what you have: You shall not look for all-inclusive learning resources to prepare for the exam.
Do what you can: Be confident. Do what you can & Invest your heart & soul out. Eventually, success will be at your doorstep, for as they say, 'The starting point of all achievement is desire'.
We hope we were able to provide the best of every information regarding the UNION BANK SPECIALIST OFFICER RECRUITMENT 2021. Do not let anything distract you know, be determined and smart!