- Team Edural
The Staff Selection Commission or SSC conducts the highly esteemed SSC MTS exam to recruit prospective personnel for the non-ministerial, non-gazette General Central Service group ‘C' roles in numerous Central Governmental ministries, offices, and departments.
If you are looking for a government job with a matriculation pass certificate, SSC MTS is the way to go! The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is conducting the SSC MTS 2021 exam for the vacant roles of Multitasking Staff from 1st July to 20th July 2021.
Those who are interested will have to qualify for the tests as well as the minimum eligibility criteria to be eligible for the SSC MTS Recruitment 2021.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Vacant Posts||Multi-Tasking Staff (non-technical)|
|Total Vacancies||To be notified|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Objective type test, Descriptive test, Document verification|
|Official Website||SSC official site|
SSC MTS Exam Dates 2021
The online application for SSC MTS 2021 has already closed. You can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|Notification Date||February 5, 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||February 5, 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||March 21, 2021|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||March 23, 2021|
|Last Date for Offline Fee Payment (Challan)||March 29, 2021|
|Application Status||16 September 2021|
|Admit Card Release||Last Week of September 2021|
|Computer-Based Exam Date||5 to 20 October 2021 (revised)|
|Descriptive Exam Date||21 November 2021 (revised)|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC MTS Posts
- Matriculation pass (or its equivalent as recognized by the Indian Government)
A prospective SSC MTS should be:
- An Indian citizen
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan or Tibetan refugees
- A person of Indian origin migrating from the following countries with the intent to settle permanently in India: Pakistan/Myanmar/Sri Lanka/East African Countries (Kenya, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia)/Vietnam
- You must be a minimum of 18 or a minimum of 27 years to be eligible for the post, unless you fit the age relaxation criteria.
The age limit must be counted as of January 1, 2021.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled during hostility with a foreign country/ in a disturbed area, thus released thereof||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled during hostility with a foreign country/ in a disturbed area, thus released thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Government Employees rendering minimum 3 years service||Up to 40 years|
|Central Government Employees rendering minimum 3 years service (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years|
|Divorced Women/ Widows/ Unmarried women who are legally separated||Up to 35 years|
|Divorced Women/ Widows/ Unmarried women who are legally separated (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years|
SSC MTS Exam Application Fee
SSC MTS 2021 Application Form
The official notification from SSC has already been released. You can head to the SSC official notification here.
Steps to Apply for SSC MTS Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the SSC MTS recruitment exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the SSC Official Website and click on the ‘Apply’ button on the right side of the page.
- Duly register yourself and keep a note of the registration password and ID.
- Duly fill out the application form by providing sufficient information.
- Upload requested photographs, scanned documents, and signature as asked.
- Read through your filled application form carefully and click on the Submit option.
- Pay the application fee and keep a copy of the receipt for future reference.
The admit cards for the SSC MTS exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. They are expected to be released around the last week of September 2021. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
|To be notified||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified|
The reservation list for SSC MTS entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. SSC MTS 2021 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
To know more about the vacant seats and reservation guidelines, visit the official site.
SSC MTS 2021 Selection Process
The SSC MTS 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- Computer Based Objective type test
- Descriptive test
- Document verification
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
You can check the SSC MTS 2021 computer-based test pattern in the table below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Questions||25||25|
|Numerical Aptitude Questions||25||25|
|General English Questions||25||25|
|General Awareness Questions||25||25|
Keep in mind:
- Total time duration: 90 mins (120 mins for those opting for scribes)
- Correct answer: +1 mark.
- Wrong answer: - 0.25 marks
Here’s the question pattern for the descriptive test:
|Subject||Marks allotted||Number of Questions|
|Short essay or letter in English/other languages included in the 8th schedule||50||1|
Keep in mind:
- Total time duration: 30 mins (40 mins for those opting for scribes)
SSC MTS Exam 2021 Syllabus
- Coding Decoding
- Word Formation
- Dictionary Order
- Venn Diagram
- Direction & Distances
- Blood Relations
- Missing Number
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Ratio & Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Number Series
- Number System
- Time & Work
- Mixture Problems
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrases & Idioms
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Phrase Replacement
- Error Spotting
- Indian History
- Physics & Space Sciences
- Computer & Mobile Technology
- Diseases & Pollution
- Current Affairs
- Dates, Portfolios Schemes
SSC MTS 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the SSC MTS exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
SSC MTS Exam 2021 Cut-offs
|Gujarat & Nagar Haveli||60-65||40-45||55-60||50-55||40-45|
|Daman & Diu/ Goa||55-60||40-45||45-50||45-48||44-49|
SSC MTS 2021 Job Profile
Here’s what the SSC MTS job entails:
- Physically maintaining records
- Assistance with daily office work
- ITI related work
- Carrying files and folders within the building
- Ensuring cleanliness of the unit
- Miscellaneous non-clerical work
- Ward duties
- Closing/Opening rooms
- Maintaining parks, gardens lawns
- Other miscellaneous work
SSC MTS Salary Details
Here’s what the salary structure for SSC MTS looks like:
- Minimum SSC MTS salary: INR 5,200
- Maximum SSC MTS salary: INR 20,200
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the SSC MTS exam papers:
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues, including knowledge about India and the world
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Here are a few things to note:
- Each question in the Objective-based paper will carry 1 mark, if answered correctly. A negative marking of 0.25 marks will be implemented for each incorrect answer.
- As for the Descriptive paper, you will solely be tested on your skills and ability.
- The medium of the exam will either be English or Hindi.
Here is a detailed idea of the difficulty level for each section in the paper:
|English Language||Easy to moderate|
|Overall||Easy to moderate|
The SSC MTS 2021 exam is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs and the world's status quo, you are good to go!
SSC MTS Recruitment 2021 Preparation Tips
If you are aspiring to be an MTS at SSC, here are some tips to keep a note of:
- Keep sitting for mock tests to have a good grasp of the question patterns.
- Go through previous year question papers and try solving them to familiarise yourself with the syllabus.
- Keep yourself updated on matters of Current Affairs.
- Be a master of overtime management.
- Develop fluency in Computers.
- Practise the reasoning ability section to an extent where you know all the possible question patterns.
SSC MTS Question Papers
Find previous years SSC MTS question papers here:
SSC MTS Recruitment Exam Books
|Ultimate Guide to SSC Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam||Disha Experts|
|SSC Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Books||Somanatha Panicker|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert Solved Papers and Practice Tests for SSC MTS Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical Staff)||Mock Bank|
|SSC: Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide) (Hindi)||RPH Editorial Board|
SSC MTS 2021 Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Keep a fresh mind when you sit down to study. Make sure there are few distractions. It is extremely important to have a calm mind to retain the information you study.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers as well as a few mock test centers around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open, so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers, and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
The key element of any government exam is preparation. It is aptly said, “Better late than never,” and if you prepare well from an early date, your chances of cracking this esteemed position increases by a lot!
Make sure you have done your part and submitted a properly filled out application form, and paid the stipulated fees. Once you prepare well in advance by going through previous years papers, you are good to go!
SSC MTS 2021 Notification
SSC has released the official notification for the MTS recruitment exam 2021 on February 5, 2021. You can view it here.