- Team Edural
SSC or the Staff Selection Commission is known for being one of the largest employment sectors in the nation. One of the most esteemed exams conducted by the SSC is for the esteemed post of a Junior Engineer in the field of Mechanical Engineering, commonly known as the SSC JE ME exam. Thousands are recruited for the post annually. The vacancies for this year are yet to be announced by SSC, but candidates are advised to keep checking the official SSC website to be notified when they are released.
SSC JE ME 2021 At A Glance
|Name||SSC JE ME 2021|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Vacant Post||Junior Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Paper I), Offline (Paper II)|
|Selection Process||Paper I (objective), Paper II (descriptive)|
SSC JE ME 2021 Notification
As per the notification dated 1 October 2020, SSC has announced vacancies for the post of a Junior Engineer in the Mechanical Engineering department, which you can check out here.
SSC JE ME 2021 Important Dates
|SSC JE ME Recruitment 2021 Notification release||1 October 2020|
|SSC JE ME Recruitment online application portal opens||1 October 2020|
|Last date to Apply for SSC JE ME Recruitment 2021||30 October 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fees||1 November 2020|
|Last Date to Pay through Challan||3 November 2020|
|SSC JE ME Admit Card Release (Paper I)||12 March 2021|
|SSC JE ME Paper I Exam Date||22 to 24 March 2021|
|SSC JE ME Paper I Result Release||30 June 2021|
|SSC JE ME Admit Card Release (Paper II)||10 days before Tier II exam (tentatively)|
|SSC JE ME Paper II Exam Date||26 September 2021|
|SSC JE ME Paper II Result Date||to be announced|
|SSC JE ME Recruitment Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC JE ME 2021
- Candidates must have citizenship of India. They must also possess a domicile/PRC certificate as evidence of their resident states/union territories.
|Military Engineer Services||B. Tech. or B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized University/ 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized University/ A minimum of 2 years work experience in Mechanical Engineering|
|Central Water Commission||B.E. or B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized University/ a 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized University|
Age Limit (as of 1 January 2021)
|Department||Maximum Age Limit|
|Central Public Works Department||32 years|
|Military Engineer Services, National Technical Research Organization, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Central Water and Power Research Station, Border Road Organization, Farakka Barrage Project||30 years|
|Category||Age Relaxation (in years)|
SSC JE ME 2021 Application Fee
How to Apply for SSC JE ME 2021
- Visit the official website of SSC.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the SSC JE ME Recruitment application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
SSC JE ME 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards for Paper I have been released on 12 March 2021. After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official SSC website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards for Paper II. However, candidates can expect their admit cards for Paper II tentatively 10 days before the Paper II exam on 26 September 2021.
List of Vacancies
The list of vacancies for the session of 2021 is yet to be released, but mentioned below are the vacancies of previous years:
|Name of Organization||SC||ST||OBC||UR||OH||HH|
|Central Water Commission||2||2||4||8||1||0|
|Military Engineering Services (MES)||5||5||14||19||2||0|
|Farakka Barrage Project||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||2||2||1||6||0||0|
SSC JE ME 2021 Reservation List
The SSC JE ME Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. The reservation list for 2020-2021 is yet to be released. Candidates can find the category-specific vacancies for previous years under the 'List of Vacancies' section.
SSC JE ME Recruitment Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of the following:
- Paper I
- Paper II
SSC JE ME 2021 Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
Total Time Allotted: 2 hours
Type of Paper: Objective-Type
|General Engineering (Mechanical)||300|
Total Time Allotted: 2 hours (40 mins extra for those opting for scribes)
Type of Paper: Descriptive-Type
SSC JE ME 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Semantic Analogy, Figural Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Semantic Classification, Figural Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Number Series, Word Building, Numerical Operations, Coding & de-coding, symbolic Operations, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Trends, Space Orientation, Drawing inferences, Figural Pattern, Indexing, Date and city matching, Address matching, Small and Capital letters/ numbers coding, Classification of center codes/roll numbers, decoding and classification, Critical thinking, Embedded Figures, Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence.|
|General Awareness||India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Geography, Culture, Economic trend, General Polity, and Scientific Research, Science, Books and Authors, Current Affairs, Sports, Important Days, Important Schemes, Portfolios, and People in News.|
|General Engineering (Mechanical)||Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, Laws of Thermodynamics, Air Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engine Cooling and Lubrication, IC Engines Combustion, Rankine cycle of steam, Boilers, Air Compressors, Refrigeration Cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles and Steam Turbines, Properties and Classification of Fluid, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluid, Measurement of Flow rate basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steels.|
SSC JE ME 2021 Results
The results for Paper I have been released on 30 June 2021. The SSC JE ME 2021 Paper II examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
SSC JE ME 2021 Cut-off
SSC is yet to release the official cut offs for 2021, but candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for further updates. Here are the combined cut offs for previous years:
SSC JE ME Job Profile
Here are the duties that an SSC Junior Engineer (Mechanical) must perform, once hired:
- Supervising various operations and learning the functions of the organization.
- Designing blueprints for flagship projects.
- Executing Government-schemes in assigned projects.
- Passing bills to contractors and supervising stocks.
- Assisting superiors of the same department.
SSC JE ME Recruitment Salary Details
SSC Junior Engineers in the Mechanical Department will be able to avail the following pay levels and scales, as per the post applied for:
|Post||Level||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical) Group-B (Non-Gazetted) Posts||6||INR 35,400 to INR 1,12,400||INR 4,200|
SSC JE ME Recruitment Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the SSC JE ME Recruitment 2021 paper are:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Engineering (Mechanical)
Here is a detailed analysis of the Technical section:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Theory of Machines||1 to 3|
|Strength of Materials||1 to 3|
|Thermodynamics & Application||55 to 60|
|Fluid Mechanics & Machinery||20 to 22|
|Production (Material Science)||12 to 15|
Here are a few points that candidates must remember:
- The overall difficulty level of SSC JE ME is Moderate.
- The technical section includes 2-5% numerical questions.
- The overall difficulty of the technical section is Easy to Moderate.
- Thermal and Applied Engineering concepts had the highest weightage (55 to 60%) in the technical section.
Preparation Tips for SSC JE ME 2021
Candidates preparing for SSC JE ME 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- You should take time to prepare diligently. It doesn’t hurt to follow a strict study plan and make other conscious changes to increase your output and enhance your performance for the finals.
- Begin your preparations right now and save yourself the hassle of putting yourself under too much pressure later on.
- Get into a habit of accumulating information from elsewhere. Books can only get you so far, and there are tons of informational channels on YouTube which discuss relevant exams related details.
- Solve mock papers and time trial yourself. That will provide you with invaluable practice and you can gauge your performance better.
SSC JE ME Recruitment Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find previous years' question papers by following these links:
Recommended Books for SSC JE ME 2021
|Quick General Awareness||Disha Publications|
|General Knowledge Manual||Pearson Publications|
|General Knowledge||Arihant Publications|
|General Knowledge Digest||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Objective General Knowledge Chapter wise MCQs||Arihant|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Upkar|
General Engineering (Mechanical):
|SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Previous Year Topic wise||Made Easy Publications|
|SSC Junior Mechanical Engineering self-study Guide cum Practice Book||Kiran Publication|
General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning:
|Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning||Vikas Experts|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for SSC JE ME 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking SSC JE ME should plan to do the following:
- Begin solving online quizzes regularly to strengthen your grip on the logical reasoning and general awareness sections.
- Make a habit of reading newspapers daily, so as to keep track of matters of current affairs. Additionally, check the Public Information Bureau regularly to stay on top of recent updates in the country.
- Try to converse with anyone interested in current affairs in your vicinity, along with watching movies, TV shows, or listening to podcasts or audiobooks to amplify your knowledge in current affairs in the world.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates are well-advised to check the official website regularly for further updates and notifications regarding SSC JE ME Recruitment 2021. The payment ID is crucial, so it must be kept handy after paying for the form.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. With that said, aspirants must always have faith in their preparations and the hard work they have put in. All the best!