- Team Edural
SSC or Staff Selection Commission periodically conducts its customary recruitment process for a multiplicity of esteemed posts, including, but not limited to, that of a Junior Engineer. An official notice has been released announcing vacancies for the post of Junior Engineers, specifically limited to the Civil Engineering branch of specialization.
SSC JE CE Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Vacant Posts||Junior Engineer (Civil Engineering)|
|Selection Process||Paper I, Paper II|
SSC JE CE Recruitment 2021 Notification
SSC JE CE has released the initial official notification for the recruitment exam on 1 October 2020. You can view it here.
SSC JE CE Exam Dates 2021
The online application process for SSC JE CE 2021 was scheduled to begin on 1 October 2020. The closing date for applications was set for 30 October 2020. You can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|Notification Date||1 October 2020|
|Online Application Starts from||1 October 2020|
|Online Application Ends on||30 October 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Fees||1 November 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date for Paper I||12 March 2021|
|Paper I Exam Date||22 to 24 March 2021|
|Paper I Result Declaration||30 June 2021|
|Paper II Exam Date||26 September 2021|
|Paper II Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC JE CE Posts
|Post (by department)||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Engineer, CPWD||A viable Degree or Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
|Junior Engineer, Department of Posts||3 years Diploma or its equivalent in Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
|Junior Engineer, MES||A viable Degree or Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University OR 2 years experience in the arena of planning, execution, and maintenance of Civil Engineering works|
|Junior Engineer, Central Water Commission||A viable Degree or Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
|Junior Engineer, Farakka Barrage Project||A viable Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
|Junior Engineer, Border Roads Organization, Ministry of Defence||3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a government-recognized University + 2 years working experience in Civil Construction (monitoring and executing projects) is desirable|
|Junior Engineer, Central Water Power Research Station.||A viable Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
|Junior Engineer, National Technical Research Organization||A viable Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering from a government-recognized University|
Age Limit (as of 1 January 2022):
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
|Department||Maximum Age Limit|
|Central Water Commission and CPWD||32 years|
|MES, Central Water and Power Research Station, Central Water Commission, Farakka Barrage Project, and National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||30 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (General)||3 years following deduction of the number of years military service was rendered|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|PH (General)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
SSC JE CE Exam Application Fee
The application fees are the following:
Steps to Apply for SSC JE CE Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the SSC JE CE recruitment exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the Official Website and click on the Career/Recruitment Page.
- Select the “New Registration” link.
- Duly fill out the application form by providing sufficient information.
- Upload requested photographs, scanned documents, and signature as asked.
- Read through your filled application form carefully and click on the Submit option.
- Pay the application fee and keep a copy of the receipt for future reference.
The admit cards for the SSC JE CE exam 2021 Paper I had been released on 12 March 2021. However, the admit cards for Paper II are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Provided below is the list of vacancies for 2021. You are advised to keep checking the official website to get a thorough idea of the category-wise vacancies.
|Central Water and Power Research Station||2|
|Border Road Organization||75|
|Central Water Commission||64|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||114|
The reservation list for SSC JE CE exam 2021 entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. SSC JE CE exam 2021 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
A category-wise break-down of seats has been released by SSC. You can check it out in the official notification here. Here is a brief idea:
|Central Water and Power Research Station||1||0||1||0||0||0||0|
|Border Road Organization||32||7||20||11||5||0||0|
|Central Water Commission||25||7||18||6||8||0||0|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||48||11||30||17||8||2||2|
SSC JE CE Exam 2021 Selection Process
The SSC JE CE Exam 2021 takes place in the following steps:
- Paper-I (online)
- Paper-II (offline)
SSC JE CE Exam 2021 Pattern
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
- Total Time Duration: 2 hours
- Type: Objective-Type
|General Engineering (Civil and Structural)||300|
- Time-Duration: 2 hours (40 mins extra for those opting for scribes)
- Type: Descriptive-Type
SSC JE CE Exam 2021 Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability||Figure Matrix Questions, Analogy, Mirror Images, Number Series, Grouping Identical Figures, Problems on Age Calculation, Coding-Decoding, Test of Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Non-Verbal Series, Venn diagram, Arguments, Alphabet Series|
|General Engineering||Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Scientific Inventions and Discoveries, Geography, History, Indian Constitution, India and its neighboring countries, Budget and 5 Year Plans, Important Economic Schemes and News, Scientific Research, Culture, Economy, Current Affairs: National and International, Sports, Knowledge of Current Events, Countries and Capitals, General Politics|
SSC JE CE 2021 Result
The results for Paper I have been released on 30 June 2021. The dates for the declaration of results of the SSC JE CE Paper II exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
SSC JE CE Exam 2021 Cut offs
The cut off list for 2021 is yet to be released by SSC. Mentioned below is the cut off list of previous years for your reference. It lists down the combined cut offs for both Paper I and II. You can check the updated cut offs on the official website once released.
SSC JE CE Job Profile
Here’s what the SSC JE CE posts entail:
- Supervising projects
- Planning and executing errands
- Assisting superiors in projects
- Handling fiscal aspects
- Analyzing data
- Writing reports
SSC JE CE Salary Details
Here’s what the salary structure for SSC JE CE posts looks like:
|Post||Pay Scale||Pay Level||Grade Pay|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||INR 35,400 to INR 1,12,400||6||INR 4,200|
SSC JE CE 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the SSC JE CE exam papers:
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Engineering
- In Paper-I, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for every incorrect answer.
- Paper-II will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- You must bring your own slide rule, calculator, log-table, and steam table for Paper-II.
- There will be no negative marking for Paper-II.
Analysis of Paper-I:
- The overall difficulty level was Moderate.
- 40 to 50% of the questions in the technical section were numerical in nature.
- The paper was lengthy and calculative.
- The General Intelligence and Reasoning section was of a moderate level of difficulty, but it was time-consuming.
- In the General Awareness section, few questions were challenging, but the rest was of a moderate level of difficulty.
- The overall difficulty for the non-technical section was Moderate to Advanced.
Analysis of Paper-II:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Circuit Theory||18 to 20||Easy|
|Measurements||8 to 12||Easy|
|Electrical Machines||30 to 35||Moderate|
|Generation, Transmission, and Distribution||6 to 8||Easy|
|Estimation and Costing||2 to 6||Moderate|
|Utilization of Electrical Energy||5 to 9||Moderate|
|Basic Electronics||8 to 10||Easy|
The SSC JE CE 2021 exam is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs, you are good to go!
SSC JE CE Recruitment 2021 Preparation Tips
If you are aspiring to bag an SSC JE CE vacant post, here are some tips to keep a note of:
- Ensure you allot enough time for every subcategory of the question paper and pay special attention to those sections that fluster you more.
- Regularly practice and know more about General Awareness and Reasoning questions, for they form an integral part of the paper.
- Make sure you are all caught up in matters related to the current affairs of India and the world at large to ace the General Awareness section.
- Solve reasoning quizzes daily.
- Get your hands on a few General Engineering books pertaining to the branch of Civil Engineering and rely on audio-visuals for the rest.
SSC JE CE Exam Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for the SSC JE CE exam:
SSC JE CE Recruitment Exam Books
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|How To Prepare Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||Ashok Gupta|
|Quick General Awareness||Disha Publications|
|General Knowledge Manual||Pearson Publications|
|General Studies||Disha Experts|
|General Knowledge||Arihant Publications|
|General Knowledge Digest||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Objective General Knowledge Chapter-wise MCQs||Arihant|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Upkar|
General Engineering (Civil):
|SSC JE Civil Engineering Previous Year Topic-wise Objective Solved Papers||Made Easy Publications|
|Civil Engineering: Conventional & Objective Type||S Chand Publication|
SSC JE CE 2021 Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make the most out of them:
- Your mind should be fresh while sitting down to study. There should be as few distractions as possible.
- Divide your focus on the technical and non-technical portions equally.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centers around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keep track of the SSC JE CE exam 2021 by checking the official website regularly. It will help you inch closer to your dream employment at SSC JE CE. Fill out the application form carefully and pay the fee in due time. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the SSC JE CE 2021 exam with flying colours!