- Team Edural
SSC or the Staff Selection Commission is known for being one of the largest employment sectors in the nation. One of the most esteemed positions offered by the SSC is that of a GD Constable. Thousands are recruited for the post annually. Similarly, this year SSC has announced a vacancy for no less than 25,271.
SSC GD Constable 2021 At A Glance
|Name||SSC GD Constable 2021|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Vacant Post||GD Constable|
|Number of Vacancies||25,271|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||CBT, Physical Test, Medical Examination|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification
As per the notification dated 1 June 2021, SSC GD Constable has announced 42 vacancies for the posts of assistant and accountant, which you can check out here.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Important Dates
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 Notification release||16 July 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment online application portal opens||17 July 2021|
|Last date to Apply for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021||31 August 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment Admit card release||to be announced|
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment Exam Date 2021||16 November 2021- 15 December 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC GD Constable 2021
- Candidates must have citizenship of India. They must also possess a domicile/PRC certificate as evidence of their resident states/union territories.
Candidates must have a Matriculation/Diploma/Graduate degree in any field of study from a government-recognized university or board.
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 23 years
|Ex-Servicemen/PwD Ex-Servicemen||3 years|
|1984 riot survivors or their descendants (UR)||5 years|
|1984 riot survivors or their descendants (OBC)||8 years|
|1984 riot survivors or their descendants (SC/ST)||10 years|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Application Fee
How to Apply for SSC GD Constable 2021
- Visit the official website of SSC GD Constable.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the SSC GD Constable Recruitment application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official SSC GD Constable website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 exam:
SSC GD Constable 2021 Reservation List
The SSC GD Constable Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. Listed below are the category-specific vacancies for reserved classes:
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of a Computer-Based Test, a Physical Test, followed by a Medical Examination.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section carries:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
Note: The total duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Analogies, Similarities, i, Spatial visualization, Spatial orientation, Visual memory, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship concepts, Arithmetical reasoning, Figural classification, Arithmetic number series, Non-verbal series, Coding and decoding|
|English/Hindi||Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Phrase replacements, Cloze test, Synonyms and Antonyms, Phrase and idioms meaning, One Word Substitution, Spellings, Reading comprehension|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||India and its neighboring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research|
|Elementary Mathematics||Problems relating to Number Systems, Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time, Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Work, Time and Distance|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Results
The SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Cut-off
SSC is yet to release the official cut offs for 2021, but mentioned below are some of the previous cut off trends noticed:
|Jammu & Kashmir||37||35||35||33||41|
SSC GD Constable Job Profile
Here are the duties that an SSC GD Constable must perform once hired:
- Protecting the Indo- Pakistan and Indo- Bangladesh border
- Providing a sense of safety to individuals residing in the border areas
- Preventing trans-border crimes
- Ensuring there is no unauthorized entry into or exit from India
- Preventing smuggling and other illegal activities along the border
- Collecting trans-border intelligence
- Carrying out anti-infiltration duties
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Salary Details
|Total Earning||INR 25,896|
|Net In-hand Salary||INR 23,527|
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 paper are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
Here are a few points that candidates must remember:
- There will be a Computer-Based Test.
- The test will be of 100 marks in total.
- A duration of 90 minutes will be allotted.
- Each of the 4 sections will contain 25 questions each.
- For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
Here's a detailed overview of the difficulty level:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Easy to Moderate
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Moderate to Difficult
- Elementary Mathematics: Easy to Moderate
- English/Hindi: Easy to Moderate
Preparation Tips for SSC GD Constable 2021
Candidates preparing for SSC GD Constable 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Aspirants are well-advised to solve practice/mock papers extensively to enhance their self-confidence. Getting into a habit of solving 1 practice paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Candidates must focus on all-round development instead of studying solely from books. They should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Aspirants must also keep a keen eye on current affairs as well as local and international news to learn more organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for SSC GD Constable 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning||Vikas Experts|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali|
|General Knowledge 2020||Arihant|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Data interpretation||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran||Basudeo Nandan Prasad|
|Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Kiran Publications|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for SSC GD Constable 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking SSC GD Constable Recruitment should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English and Hindi phrases and idioms.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Practice relevant quizzes on reasoning and general awareness regularly.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is an excellent way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu and The Economic Times.
- Have a fixed schedule for each section of the paper and touch upon each of them daily.
- Revise extensively and solve mock papers daily.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates are well-advised to check the official website regularly for further updates and notifications regarding SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021. The payment ID is crucial, so it must be kept handy after paying for the form.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. After all, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, aspirants must always have faith in their preparations and the hard work they have put in. All the best!