- Team Edural
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, known commonly as the SNAP Exam, is conducted by Symbiosis International (deemed) University. It is one of the popular management aptitude tests conducted by the University. The University will conduct the exam to provide admission to MBA programmes offered by its 15 constituent institutes. SNAP exam is a management aptitude test in which the candidates are selected based on their communication skills, analytical skills and logical reasoning. It was conducted thrice in the year 2020, and the candidates had the chance to make two attempts though it is usually conducted annually. For MBA admission, the best of the two attempts of the SNAP score was accepted. It is yet to know the testing format since there is no clarity if the examination bodies continue with the testing format of 2020 or go back to the old single attempt format.
Important Dates for SNAP 2021:
|Release date of Notification||10 September 2021|
|SNAP 2021 registration start date||15 September 2021|
|SNAP 2021 registration last date||27 November 2021|
|Admit Card download Starts||5 December 2021|
|Last date for Admit Card download||19 December 2021|
|SNAP 2021 exam date||19 December 2021 (Sunday)|
|SNAP result date||10 January 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for SNAP 2021 exam:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university with 50%.
- 45% should be the aggregate marks for a bachelor degree for SC/ST category candidates.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- No age limit nor limit in the number of attempts will be imposed.
- Candidates with foreign degrees or qualifications are eligible, but such candidates should obtain equivalence certificates from the Indian universities' Association.
- Candidates who appeared for the final examination of the bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply. However, their admission will be provisional and will be cancelled if it leads to the eligibility, as mentioned earlier's non-fulfilment.
- Candidates with foreign degrees or qualifications (Foreign Nationals/ PIO/ OCI/ NRI) are eligible, but such candidates should obtain equivalent certificates from the Association of Indian Universities. Such candidates applying with a foreign degree must submit a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Rs. 1750 is required to be paid as a SNAP fee in total.
How To Apply + Application Form
- The SNAP 2021 exam registration and application process will likely start from 15th September to 27th November 2021.
- Many changes in SNAP 2021 exam dates, registration, and pattern are expected this year.
- While the start date of SNAP Registration is September, the second week, the last date for SNAP 2021 Registration will be closed in November 2021, the last week.
- SNAP Exam is likely not to be held thrice on three different dates, unlike last year, and the candidates will appear in the SNAP exam only once as there will be only one SNAP examination date this year.
- Accordingly, you need not register and apply for the SNAP exam repeatedly, as happened last year for each SNAP exam.
- Candidates must pay the registration fees of SNAP when they submit their 2021 SNAP application form.
- Rs. 1750 is required to be paid as a SNAP fee in total.
- Candidates can choose any of the following methods to pay the fee of SNAP test registration through - Indian Bank Payment Gateway, Demand Draft, Billdesk Payment Gateway, Easebuzz Payment Gateway.
- The demand draft (DD), payable at Pune, will be submitted favouring the “Symbiosis Test Secretariat”.
- While you are on the payment page of SNAP registration 2021, candidates should choose the mode of payment as 'DD Payment' and then take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the Details of DD, sign and send it with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
Issue of Admit Card
SNAP Admit Card 2021 shall be released on 5 December 2021. You can download your SNAP Admit Card from the official SNAP website using your SNAP login ID & password. The SNAP Admit card 2021 download will available till the SNAP exam day.
NOTE: The registration fee of SNAP 2021 is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Categories and percentage of reservations offered to students from different categories
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Differently Abled Category (DAC)||3%|
|Children / Wards of Defence Personnel||5%|
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats per programme|
The shortlisting of candidates for admission contains two processes: SNAP Exam and SNAP GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Aptitude Test).
- Selection process for SNAP will begin soon as the SNAP 2021 result is announced.
- In order to be qualified for these rounds, candidates must clear the sectional and overall cutoff.
- The official schedule for the selection processes' further rounds will be soon released at the official website snaptest.org.
Candidates will be shortlisted for SNAP 2021 GE-PI WAT based on their overall SNAP Percentile.
Exam Pattern of SNAP 2021:
The pattern is similar to other entrance exams of MBA. It is a speed-based exam.
Number of Sections:
- General English
- Quantitative-Data Interpretation & Data
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
|Duration of exam:||60 minutes|
|Number of questions:||60|
|Language of paper:||English|
|Number of attempts:||Two|
|Mode of examination:||Computer-based|
|Marks per question:||+1|
Syllabus for SNAP 2021:
|General English||Fill in the Blanks, Contextual usage, Analogies, Syllogisms, Sentence Correction, Verbal Reasoning, Picking Odd & out, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence completion, Comprehension of passage or poems, Jumbled paragraphs with 4/ 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Different usage of the same word, Sentence correction, One word substitution.|
|Quantitative Ability||Number System Arithmetic - Percentage, Interest, Time- Speed-Distance, Profit-Loss, Averages, Ratio etc. Algebra Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations, Logarithm Progressions Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices Inequalities, Permutation & Combination, Functions, Set Theory, Probability Mixtures & Allegations, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Co-ordinate Geometry.|
|Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency||Series Graphs-Pie Chart Tables Bar Graph|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||Identifying valid inferences, Data Interpretation based on text, graphs & tables, Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Cause & Effect, Puzzles, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Identifying Probably true, Functions, Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line charts, Graphs representing Area & Venn diagrams, Symbol Based problems, Syllogisms, Assertion & reasons, Probably false, Family tree (identifying relationships among groups of people), Statements & Assumptions, Definitely true, Identifying next number in series, Matrix arrangements, Linear arrangements, Definitely false kind of statement, Coding & Decoding, Sequencing, Identifying Strong arguments & Weak arguments, Statements & conclusions.|
SNAP Result 2021 shall be released by SIU in January 2022 in an online mode. Candidates can download SNAP results in a scorecard by the official website with a User ID & Password. The scorecard shall be valid for a year from the date of its announcement.
The SNAP 2021 cutoff will be declared by the 16 Symbiosis International (Deemed) University (SIU) institutes in the last week of January 2022, once the SNAP 2021 result is declared.
The SNAP notification in itself contained the most significant surprise, which was the reduced time. From 2 hours, the exam time duration was reduced to 1 hour, with no sectional timing. Another surprise the notification revealed was about the SNAP exam being conducted on three different days- candidates were allowed to appear for any two of the three exam dates, with the better score being counted for selection. The first SNAP examination was conducted on December 20, 2020, and the second SNAP examination was held on January 6, 2021, between 11:00 and 12:00 hours. The test was conducted quite smoothly. The examination had the same interface as that of CAT. There were no surprises, except that the paper was effortlessly easy; hence, the cutoffs would probably be higher than expected.
Candidates need to follow a systematic pattern to achieve efficiency in their process after purchasing good books and study material for the SNAP examination's preparation. Preparation tips for SNAP include some basic skills of time management and covering the exam syllabus. Few preparation tips for your SNAP 2021 Exam are mentioned below:
- Based on the sections which need to be covered, Create a timetable.
- Practice/learn time management skills and start taking note of the amount of time needed to cover a topic.
- Improve and evaluate regularly to come up with better results.
- Eat healthily and follow a proper sleep cycle.
Previous Years' Question Papers
Books Recommendation For SNAP 2021
SNAP books given out by renowned authors:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R Gupta|
|Study Material on SNAP||S. Sourav|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations.||Abhijit Guha|
|Arget SNAP and General Knowledge (Set of two Books)||Disha and Arihant|
|Manorama Yearbook||Malayala Manorama|
|Ace the SNAP||IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd|
|Map the SNAP Test||R. K. Jha|
|Arihant Descriptive General English||S. P. Bakshi|
|Data Analysis and Logical Reasoning||R. S Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|Reasoning & Aptitude 2016||Nem Singh|
- Spend more time on weaker areas. Practice regularly to get familiar with the concept and stay updated.
- Do not skip any topic that you feel is not important or is not that necessary.
- Make short notes of formulas, concepts, pointers and important chapters and try to memorize them while writing (for this, you can do yourself a favour and be more attentive than usual while making notes, you'll thank yourself later).
- Self-evaluate regularly.
- Have a positive mindset stay focused and motivated.
- Stay healthy both physically and mentally. Eat healthy food, rest well and engaging yourself in some fun activities to remove stress.
Test Cities for SNAP 2021:
SNAP exam is conducted in over 94 cities across India and at multiple exam centres. Below is the list of 94 cities provided, where SNAP exam 2020 was conducted and where SNAP 2021 exam is expected to be conducted too
SNAP Test Cities:
|SR. NO.||City||SR. NO.||City||SR. NO.||City|
|1||Agra||33||Gangtok - Bardang||65||Mumbai|
|8||Anand||40||Hubballi||72||Panjim - Mapusa|
|18||Chandigarh - Mohali||50||Kakinada||82||Rourkela|
|31||Ernakulam - Kochi||63||Meerut||-|
After SNAP 2021
After the SNAP 2021 exam, candidates must start preparation for Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds of SIU constituent institutes as well as other B-Schools, which accepts SNAP score for admission.
What Is GE, PI and WAT and How To Prepare
The GE-PI-WAT process of SIMS has equal weightage to that of the SNAP entrance exam, so the candidate needs to prepare well for it and score well.
- WAT-( Written ability test) It’s to test how you perceive things and how well you can articulate them, so you should make sure you have an opinion on any topic under the sun. Practice writing essays so that you can pen down your thoughts and present them in a logical, coherent and concise manner. Be mindful of the time constraints; at least take 2–3min to make the blueprint of how exactly you want your ideas to be presented, and that would make your write-up eloquent.
- GE-(Group Exercise) It will test your leadership skills, how you work in a team, how you analyze the situation, how you come with the solution, how you listen to people, how you convey your thoughts. This test shows your attitude, making sure it is positive, focused, present, and enjoying the process.
- PI- (Personal Interaction) It will be all about you, your education, hobbies, work experience, strength, weaknesses, goals, interests, etc., so make sure you know yourself quite well. Have a positive attitude, be honest with your answers, and I’m sure it will be an enriching experience.
|Shortlisting for GE, PI and WAT:||Third week of January 2022|
|GE, PI and WAT:||First week of February 2022|
|Final merit list for admission:||Last week of February 2022|
Wish you all the best!