- Team Edural
SLAT is a Law Admission Test conducted by Symbiosis International University (Deemed University) for admission into Symbiosis Law Schools. There are four participating Law Schools - SLS, Pune, SLS, Noida, SLS, Hyderabad and SLS, Nagpur, which offer about 1080 seats for an LL.B degree.
SLAT 2022 - At a glance
|Exam name||Symbiosis Law Aptitude Test (SLAT)|
|Conducting body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Date of Examination||to be announced|
|Selection process||Aptitude Test, Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test|
|Examination purpose||for admission into BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) courses in SLS|
|Latest update||SLAT 2021 Results announced|
SLAT 2022 Important dates
|Registration begins||to be announced|
|Registration ends||to be announced|
|Admit Card release||to be announced|
|Entrance Test Date||to be announced|
|Entrance Test Results||to be announced|
|Counselling||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for SLAT 2022
Educational Qualification for BA. LL.B and BBA. LL.B (Five years integrated programme):
Candidates who have passed the 10th and 12th or equivalent from a recognised board in the qualifying examination can apply.
|Category||Minimum marks requirement|
|General and OBC candidates||At least 45%|
|SC/ST candidates||At least 40%|
There is no upper age limit applicable for the SLAT examination.
SLAT 2022 Application fee
|Registration fee||₹ 1950|
How to Apply for SLAT 2022
- Visit the official website https://www.set-test.org/ as soon as the registration begins.
- Click on "Register "
- Submit your details, qualification information and contact information.
- Select the preferred test city.
- Proceed with your application - fill in your particulars and upload the documents required.
- Pay the application fee and wait for confirmation.
- After the transaction is successful, take a printout of your application form.
SLAT 2022 Admit Card
Admit cards will be available for download on the official website before the exam.
|Institution||BA LL.B||BBA LL.B|
|Symbiosis Law School, Pune||120||180|
|Symbiosis Law School, Noida||120||180|
|Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad||120||120|
|Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur||120||120|
|Children/wards of defence personnel||5%|
|Kashmiri migrants||2 seats each program|
The selection process involves three stages:
- SLAT including Writing Ability Test
- Personal Interview
After the declaration of SLAT 2022, SLS will release a list of candidates shortlisted for a Personal Interview. During the Personal Interview, prospective candidates will be presented before a panel of excellent Academia. The Interview carries 30 marks. Personal Interviews will be conducted online.
SLAT 2022 Examination Pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
- WAT will carry 20 marks.
- The total duration of the test is 90 minutes. (60 minutes for SLAT + 30 minutes for WAT)
SLAT 2022 Syllabus
|General Knowledge||General Awareness of events happening worldwide and General Knowledge of History, Geography, Economics, Politics and Science.|
|Analytical reasoning||Analogies, Algebra, Arithmetic reasoning, Blood relations, Distances and directions, Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Mensuration, Averages, percentage|
|Reading Comprehension||Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence completion, spotting errors in grammar and spellings, Cloze test|
|Legal reasoning||Questions will be asked on Legal Aptitude, Legal prepositions and facts. Questions on hypothetical cases will also be asked wherein the candidate must assume the given prepositions and answer accordingly.|
|Logical reasoning||Questions will be based on the Continuation of patterns, logical links, completing arguments, drawing conclusions, reasoning, relationships among people, things or events, Syllogism|
SLAT 2022 Result
SLAT results will be announced on the official website after the examination. Note that the SLAT scorecard will not mention WAT scores.
SLAT 2021 Cut-off
The cut-off range of the participating SLS are given here-
|Institutions||BA LLB||BBA LLB|
SLAT 2021 Exam Analysis
|Logical Reasoning||Easy-Moderate||Questions were asked on number series, selecting the odd one out, blood relationships, Analogies, etc.|
|Legal Reasoning||Easy-Moderate||Questions were asked based on torts & contracts, criminal law, writs & necessity. This section was direct and easily understandable.|
|Analytical Reasoning||Easy||Questions were asked on ages, coding-decoding, directions, arrangements and statement conclusion. Few questions tested quantitative aptitude.|
|Reading Comprehension||Moderate||Three reading comprehension passages were given. They were based on misinformation in the media, covid-19 and the medical termination of pregnancy act. The questions that followed were easy to follow.|
|General Knowledge||Moderate-Difficult||Static & current affairs questions were asked.|
WAT: The choices given for essay writing were
- Law has unfolded multiple shades of dignity for women in India. However, women in India continue to be within shackles of patriarchy, discrimination & violence.
- Use of Information & Communication Technology in the Indian judicial system.
- Practising the different kinds of questions asked in the SLAT is the only strategy to follow. We have recommended a few books to help you with your preparation, and there are accessible sources on the internet that will give you free access to endless practice questions.
- Take up mock tests to assess your level of preparation. It gives you a chance to work on areas in which you are lagging and improve the efficiency of your practice. Solving online mock tests will also help with time management skills.
- For general awareness, make a habit of reading newspapers every day. The Hindu and Indian Express are recommended. Make a note of important events as you go.
- Know your weak areas - take a few mock tests before starting your preparation. Analyse the results and note the areas in which you lag. You can pay special attention to these topics. Allot some specified time in your study plan to focus on them.
- Eliminate pointless distractions, which steals your precious time to prepare for something so big that it will shape your future. Don't waste your precious time on your cell phone, visiting relatives, watching TV etc. Instead, pick up one hobby and stick to it. That will help you eliminate stress and exam anxiety.
|Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning||A.P. Bharadwaj|
|Legal G.K. for Competitive Examinations||Universal Publications|
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
|Yearly General Knowledge||Pearson|
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|High School English Grammar Composition||Wren and Martin|
|Objective English||R.S. Agarwal|
|Six Weeks||Wilfred Funk|
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
Selecting the suitable study material: recommended books for the SLAT examination are given in this article. Refer to your textbooks for fundamentals, as you'll already be familiar with the structure and concepts.
Stick to a schedule:
- Devote time for preparation and revision.
- Make a study schedule to cover the syllabus at the right time.
- Set aside a few hours of your time for revision at the end of the day.
Keep visiting the official website to stay on top of any updates. Distribute your time and resources correctly, and remember - Sky's the limit!