- Team Edural
To know about the exam date, exam pattern, syllabus, vacancies and other crucial details, check out the article further.
**** Rajasthan Police has released 859 vacancies for RPSC SI & Platoon Commander. RPSC SI, Platoon Commander in Rajasthan Police, is being conducted for TSP & Non-TSP areas. Now, other 81 posts have been united to be filled under the sports quota. Candidates who filled the Rajasthan SI post form must ensure their preparation is in full-wave.
|Name of Organization||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Post Name||Sub Inspector AP, Platoon Commander and Subs Inspector MBC|
|Notification release date||3 February 2021|
|Application Form dates||9 February 2021 to 10 March 2021|
|Last date to correct your application form||20 March 2021 + fine|
|Recruitment application re-opens||09 June 2021 to 23 June 2021|
|Admit Card release date||To be released|
|Rajasthan Police SI 2021 Examination date||13 September to 15 September 2021 (10:00 am to 12:00 & 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.)|
|RPSC SI Result date||To be released|
You can apply for RPSC SI 2021 examination only if you fulfil the Rajasthan Police SI & Platoon Commander eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for RPSC SI & Platoon Commander includes the following:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Physical Fitness Requirement
- You must have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university/ board.
- You must know about Rajasthani Culture.
- You must have knowledge of Hindi written (Devanagari script).
As mentioned in the RPSC SI notification, the minimum age is 20 years & the maximum age is 25 years as of 1 January 2022 for the candidates belonging to the general categories. The age relaxation is as follows:
|Rajasthan State's SC/ST/BC/MBC Males||5 years|
|General Category Females and Rajasthan State's EWS Females||5 years|
|Rajasthan State's SC/ST/BC/MBC Females||10 years|
Physical Fitness Requirement:
Apart from holding the above eligibility criteria requirements for RPSC SI 2021 recruitment, you must also include the following physical fitness requirements.
|Category||Female||Male||Candidates belonging to hilly/ST/SC|
|Height||Minimum 152 cm||Minimum 168 cm||Minimum 160 cm|
|Chest||NA||86 cm expanded & 81 cm not expanded||84 cm Expanded & 79 cm non-expanded|
|Weight||Minimum 47.50 kg||-||-|
|EWS/ General/ Rajasthan State's Creamy Layer OBC & MBC Candidates of other states||INR 350/-|
|OBC NCL/MBC of Rajasthan State||INR 250/-|
|All PWD Candidates, Rajasthan State ST/SC Candidates & Candidates with annual income below 2.5 LPA||INR 150/-|
|Application form correction application fee||INR 300/-|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit the official site of Rajasthan Police.
- Register yourself as you visit the link to apply for the Rajasthan Police 2021 recruitment.
- You can register for Rajasthan Police SI 2021 using your Voter ID Number/ Aadhar ID/ PAN card number/ Driving License Number.
- Fill in the registration process details & note down the registration number & password that will be generated.
- Once you have finished the registration process, proceed further to complete your application process.
- You can either log in continue further from the earlier step to finish the application process 2021.
- Fill up all the details carefully, such as personal details, educational qualifications & other details.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph & a signature in the correct format.
- Preview your application form & pay the required application fee.
- Take a printout of your filled-in application form of RPSC SI & Platoon Commander 2021.
Candidates who have successfully filled in the RPSC SI Online Application form 2021 shall be called to appear for a written test. The admit cards hall be made available to you at least one week before the examination date. Follow the steps given below to download your RPSC SI Admit Card 2021:
- Visit the admit card section on the RPSC official website.
- Enter your registration number & password.
- Your RPSC SI Admit Card 2021 for the written test shall be displayed on the screen.
- Download it & take a print out of the RPSC SI Admit card.
- Make sure to verify that the details are printed on the admit card.
VACANCY & RESERVE LIST:
Sub Inspector A.P.:
Sub Inspector IB:
|SI IB||TSP Area||00||01||00||00||00||00||01|
Platoon Commander RAC:
|Platoon Commander RAC||Non-TSP||03||15||07||01||06||06||38|
Sub Inspector MBC:
The selection process for Rajasthan Police SI & Platoon Commander will be made on the following basis. You have to qualify for each stage of the recruitment process of Rajasthan Police to be eligible for an appointment.
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Aptitude Test & Interview
- Medical Test
|General Hindi||2 hours||200|
|General Knowledge & General Science||2 hours||200|
- The written test is bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi.
- There are two sections in the written examination for Rajasthan Police SI.
- The maximum marks in the Written test are 400.
- The duration of each test is of two hours.
- There is a negative marking of ⅓ for every incorrect input marked by you.
Physical Efficiency Test:
The candidates who will pass the RPSC written test shall be called to appear for the RPSC PET.
- The PET will test the candidates' suitability for joining Rajasthan Police as SI & Platoon Commanders.
- The PET is 100 marks.
- You need to obtain 50% marks in the PET.
Aptitude Test & Interview:
Candidates who have passed the RPSC PET will be called to appear for the aptitude test & interview.
- The board will test your suitability for the post.
- The Aptitude Test is of 50 marks.
- RPSC will judge your tact, personality, address, behaviour, leadership skills through the aptitude test & the interview.
- If you hold a Degree/ Diploma in criminology or N.C.C. “C” Certificate or who have offered Police Administration as one of the papers for the degree exam, may be given weight.
- Moreover, it will also test your knowledge of the Rajasthani culture.
Syllabus for General Hindi (Paper-I):
|Hindi||शब्दावली (Vocabulary), व्याकरण, शब्दों का उपयोग, अलंकार, रस, समास, पर्यायवाची शब्द /समानार्थी शब्द, सन्धि, विलोम, वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण, तत्सम एवं तदभव, लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे, वर्तनी, त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द, वाक्य संशोधन, लिंग, कारक, वचन|
Syllabus for General Knowledge & General Science (Paper-II):
|History, Art, Literature, Culture, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan||Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration. Major Dynasties, Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, their Administrative & Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues. Salient features of Architecture – Forts & Monuments. Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dialects Fairs, Folk Music, Festivals & Folk Dances. Arts, Paintings, and Handicrafts. Rajasthani Culture, Traditions, and Heritage. Important Tourist Places. Religious Movements, Saints & Lok devtas of Rajasthan. Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.|
|Indian History||Ancient & Medieval Period: Art, Culture, Literature, and Architecture. Salient features & Major Landmarks of Ancient & Medieval India. Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Prominent Movements, Socio-Economic Conditions. Modern Period: The Indian National Movement & Freedom Struggle- its various stages & important contributors & contributions from different parts of the country. Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant personalities, events & issues. Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country. Social & Religious Reform movements in the 19th & 20th centuries.|
|Geography of World & India||World Geography: Environmental & Ecological Issues, Broad Physical features, Wildlife & Biodiversity, Major Industrial Regions, International Waterways. Geography of India: Agriculture & Agro-based Activities. Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions. Minerals – Iron, Coal, Oil & Gas, Manganese, Atomic minerals. Transportation– major transport corridors. Environmental Problems & Ecological Issues. Major Industries and Industrial development. Natural Resources.|
|Geography of Rajasthan||Natural Resource of Rajasthan- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife & Bio-diversity, Broad physical features 7 Major physiographic divisions, Major irrigation projects, Population, Mines & Minerals, Major Industries & Potential for Industrial Development.|
|Indian Constitution, Political System Governance||Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) & Judicial Review. Government of India Acts: 1919 & 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Indian Political System & Governance: Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration. Parliament, President, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller & Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission, Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). Union & State Executive; Union & State Legislative, Judiciary. Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj Public Policy & Rights. Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter. National Public Policy as a welfare state.|
|Political & Administrative System of Rajasthan||Public Policy, Legal Rights & Citizen Charter. Governor, State Assembly, High Court, Chief Minister, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukta, State Election Commission, District Administration, State Information Commission.|
|Economic Concepts and Indian Economy||Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Public Finance, Banking, National Income, Growth & Development. Basic Concepts of Economics. Accounting- Concept, Tools & Uses in Administration. Fiscal & Monetary Policies. Stock Exchange & Share Market. Subsidies, Public Distribution System. E-Commerce. Inflation- Concept, Impact & Control Mechanism Economic Development & Planning. Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service & Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives. Five Year Plans - Objectives, Strategies & Achievements. Major Economic Problems & Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms & Liberalization. Poverty & Unemployment: Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies & Current Flagship Schemes. Human Resource & Economic Development: Human Development Index. Social Justice and Empowerment:- Provisions for Weaker Sections.|
|Economy of Rajasthan||Major Agricultural, Industrial & Service Sector Issues. A macro overview of the economy. Growth, Development, & Planning. Major Development Projects. Infrastructure & Resources. Programs & Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ ST/ Backward Class/ Minorities/ Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Laborers.|
|Science & Technology||Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan. Electronics, Computers, Information, and Communication Technology. Basics of Everyday Science. Space Technology including Satellites. Nanotechnology. Defense Technology. The human body, Food, and Nutrition, Health care. Biodiversity, Biotechnology, and Genetic Engineering. Environmental and Ecological Changes and their Impacts. Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.|
|Reasoning & Mental Ability||Logical Reasoning (Inductive, Deductive, Abductive): Analytical Reasoning. Statement & Assumptions, Statement & Argument, Statements & Conclusion, Courses of Action. Mental Ability: Number series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Letter series, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes & their sub-sections. Basic Numeracy: Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio, Proportion, Percentage, Simple & Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart). Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.|
|Current Affairs||Games & Sports related Activities. Major Current Events & Issues of State(Rajasthan), National & International Importance. Persons & Places in recent news.|
The RPSC SI & Platoon Commander Result shall be announced on the official website of the Rajasthan Police as per the stages of the examination. Check your result once the examination is over to know if you have been called to appear for the next stage or not.
Once the Rajasthan Police finish conducting the RPSC SI written test, they will release its answer key in a week. The RPSC SI Answer Key shall help you know if you are called for the next stage or not. Accordingly, you can prepare for the next step.
- You should obtain 36% in each paper & 40% in aggregate to pass the written exam of RPSC SI.
- A relaxation of five marks is applicable for the candidates belonging to ST/ SC in each paper & in aggregate.
All the candidates will secure the following marks to be called for the next stage of the selection process for Rajasthan Police SI.
- The physical efficiency test will consist of 100 marks.
- All the candidates who secure 50% marks are eligible.
- Candidates who are considered successful in the written & physical efficiency tests shall be eligible for an aptitude test & interview.
Rajasthan SI Exam papers of 2016:
- The exam pattern was straightforward, with more questions from General Hindi. Getting a command over that subject may help you score more as it carries much.
- The difficulty level of the paper was moderate as the questions asked were well balanced- not too easy & not too difficult. Candidates with adequate preparation are sure to answer the most maximum of the questions. Again, a good knowledge of General Hindi is crucial given the weightage it carries.
|Grade Pay||INR 4200|
|Pay Band-2||INR 9300 to INR 34800|
|Pay Scale||INR 35,400 - INR 1,12,400|
|Maximum Salary||INR 1,12,400/-|
|Basic Salary||INR 35,400/-|
|H.R.A.(House Rent Allowance)||As per Govt Rule|
|DA (Dearness Allowance)||As per Govt Rule|
- Maintaining discipline- A disciplined culture leads to a crime-free society; RPSC SI should make sure that system & order are maintained in the area assigned to them.
- Ensuring the safety of citizens- It is a principal duty of a sub-inspector to ensure that the citizens below his administration/ jurisdiction are safe.
- Case solving within the jurisdiction- A sub-inspector goes to every length to resolve all cases allocated to him & his subordinates. He is also accountable for giving justice to the ones who deserve it.
- Reporting to superiors- His ethical duty is to ensure that all documents are recorded & maintained in written format & that reports are also submitted to their senior officials.
- Weekly patrolling of the assigned area- Weekly patrolling in their jurisdiction is necessary. This way, people feel safe & secure.
Preparation tips for the Written Test:
The pattern for the written examination is relatively straight-forward; it's evident that the weightage of General Hindi is similar to General Science & General Knowledge paper. The syllabus of General Science & General Knowledge is comprehensive, while the syllabus of General Hindi is limited & fixed. So you plan on being accurate with General Hindi, you can score more marks.
One can assume that the General Knowledge section scores good marks from Rajasthan General Knowledge questions related to the Indian Penal Code (IPC). You need to fix your timings & create a schedule where you can dedicate your time to particular sections to clear the examination.
Preparation tips for PET:
PET is for 100 marks. These 100 marks carry a significant weightage in the final merit list. For the 100-meter race, you will notice that even a difference of one second affects a lot in the marking system. For example, a candidate who completes the race in 14 seconds is given 40 marks & the one finishing the race in 15 seconds is granted 25 marks. One second is as important as 15 marks, so prepare yourself accordingly. It's best if you stay physically fit before you attempt the written exam.
Many candidates make the mistake of preparing themselves after the written exam, which does not profit them in the further rounds for the Rajasthan **** Police SI examination. Candidates must build on their stamina & performance as these aspects would be a great help in scoring.
Aptitude Test and Interview:
The primary and final stage is the aptitude test and Interview. In this paper, you can expect questions concerning logical reasoning, critical thinking, arithmetic & decision making. These fields help the board members to know your personality traits & how you would perceive & deal with a situation.
Confidence & presence of mind is what can get you good marks in this stage. You can also watch several interview videos online. This will help you understand the procedure & how you should approach the Interview.
Just creating study plans will not help unless you adhere to those plans. You must have a proper section-wise method to make each topic according to the syllabus.
PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|Rajasthan Police SI 2 2018 question paper||Click here|
|Rajasthan Police SI 1 2016 question paper||Click here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Lucent Publication House|
|General Knowledge 2021||Arihant Publication|
|General Studies||Manohar Panday|
|Practice & Solved Previous Year of Rajasthan Police SI||Arihant Publication|
|Samanya Hindi||Arihant Publication|
|Encyclopedia of General Science for general competitors||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
Start early: Starting preparing for the RAJASTHAN POLICE SI RECRUITMENT 2021 examination in the early phase helps you plan your studies & a suitable material, which one must have to crack the examination.
Get thorough with the Syllabus & Exam Pattern: You must go through the exam Syllabus & pattern, as your preparation will be based entirely on these two things. Good knowledge of the exam pattern gives you an idea about how to move ahead with the RAJASTHAN POLICE SI exam preparation.
Know the weightage of your vital subjects: Information about the topic distribution in the question paper is an excellent strategy to be adapted. It helps you know the weightage of strong & weak areas & help you prepare accordingly. You can go through the previous question papers to see the weightage of portions &, consequently, concentrate on those topics which appear to have more questions & weightage in the question paper.
Usage of Reference Books is necessary: Many books are often named for sources by previous toppers, which would help the RAJASTHAN POLICE SI exam preparation. While the students can use the textbooks for studying, it is recommended that extra books be looked into to boost & make your concepts strong.
Revision is the Principal Keyword: The most critical part of preparing for RAJASTHAN POLICE SI Exam is often revising. One should not be under any impression that revision will be done once the whole syllabus is finished. It's entirely wrong to revise after studying any topics or concepts or subjects not to forget what was absorbed. The revision will help in the understanding of the topics or concepts & make you more competent. It is also prudent to make notes that you can refer to later near the exam during revision. Also, solve the last 10 years' paper & check with solutions to avoid minor blunders. Doing this contributes highly to your preparation.
Keep track of the dates written above, and be mindful of your preparation. Carefully read about the examination pattern and go through the exam analysis once precisely. Remember, you are able!