- Team Edural
Rajasthan Board and Ministerial Service Selection had released the official notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in February 2020. The announcement mentions 1098 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineer in various departments under the Rajasthan Government. The Staff Selection Board conducts written examinations for individual posts. The RSMSSB has released a notification for the Junior Engineer (Civil) (Degree) Exam on 12 September 2021.
RSMSSB JE (Civil) 2020 - At a glance
|Exam name||RSMSSB Junior Engineer Exam|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Total Vacancy (Civil)||Diploma Holder: 475, Degree Holder: 533|
|Date of Examination||12 September 2021|
|Latest update||JEN 2020 (Civil) (Degree) - Tentative Exam Dates out. Click here to view the press note.|
Link to the Official Notification
For Civil (Degree):
|RSMSSB JE 2020 notification release||13 February 2020|
|RSMSSB JE 2020 online registration||24 June 2020 (revised)|
|RSMSSB JE 2020 online registration ends||08 July 2020 (revised)|
|RSMSSB JE 2020 (Civil-Degree Holder) Exam date||12 September 2021 (revised)|
|RSMSSB JE 2020 Results||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for RSMSSB JE 2020
The applicant should have a Graduate degree in Engineering (BE/B. Tech) or equivalent in any stream or subject from government recognized institute/college.
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 40 years
RSMSSB JE 2020 Application fee
|General/ OBC (Creamy layer)||₹ 450|
|OBC/ BC (Non-Creamy layer)||₹ 350|
How to Apply for RSMSSB JE 2020
Applications for RSMSSB JE 2020 are now closed. Visit the official website for more information.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Admit Card
You can download the Admit Cards for RSMSSB JE 2020 here.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Vacancy
Here's a list of vacancies for the Direct Recruitment of JEN 2020:
|Junior Engineer - PHED (Mechanical/Electrical - Degree Holder)||14|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical - Diploma Holder)||4|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical - Diploma Holder)||7|
|Junior Engineer(Civil - Diploma Holder)||475|
|Junior Engineer - PHED (Mechanical/Electrical - Diploma Holder)||30|
|Junior Engineer(Civil - Degree Holder)||533|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical - Degree Holder)||2|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical - Degree Holder)||33|
Department-wise vacancy for Junior Engineer (Civil) (Degree):
|Department||Non-scheduled Areas||Scheduled Areas||Total|
|Department of Public Welfare||254||22||276|
|Department of Water Resources||121||28||149|
|Public Health Engineering Department||41||08||49|
|Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board||59||00||59|
Vacancy distribution for non-scheduled tribal areas of Rajasthan for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil-Degree)
|Department of Public Welfare||89||43||24||57||13||27|
|Department of Water Resources||46||19||14||25||06||11|
|Public Health Engineering Department||17||06||04||08||02||04|
|Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board||23||09||07||12||02||06|
Refer to the notification for the detailed distribution of vacancies of other posts.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Selection Process
The direct recruitment of Junior Engineers by the RSMSSB happens in two stages:
- Written Examination
- Document Verification
The examination dates for Junior Civil Engineer (Degree holders) have been released by the RSMSSB. The examination has been postponed multiple times in the past due to the COVID-19 situation. The Staff Selection Board has announced the tentative dates for JEN 2020 (Civil-Degree) and Agriculture Supervisor 2021 in a press note dated 01 July 2021. The press note mentions the Examination date for JEN 2020 (Civil-Degree) as 12 September 2021.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Examination Pattern
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Duration: 2 hours
- The written examination will be objective type.
- Each question carries 01 marks.
- There is no negative marking.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Syllabus
Part-I: General Knowledge
History, Art and Culture of Rajasthan
- History of Rajasthan
- Prehistoric civilizations of Rajasthan.
- Major dynasties and their accomplishments.
- Mughal-Rajput relations.
- Key features of Rajasthan architecture.
- Important Forts, Monuments & Structures.
- Religious practices of the people of Rajasthan.
- Main Handicraft, painting, styles of Rajasthan.
- Rajasthani language works of literature Major regional languages.
- Fair, festival, folk music, folk dance, musical instruments, jewellery.
- Rajasthani Culture, Tradition, and Heritage.
- Important historic landmarks in Rajasthan.
- Influential personalities hailing from Rajasthan.
- Princely states of Rajasthan and British treaties, Mass movement of 1857.
- Farmers and public revolution movements.
- The Prjamandal Movement.
- General Political Awareness.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Status and Expansion.
- Mainland types - Desert region, Aravali Mountain region, planes.
- Drainage system.
- Natural vegetation.
- Forest and Wildlife Conservation.
- Environmental and ecological issues.
- Agro-climatic and major crops.
- Multipurpose projects.
- Irrigation Projects.
- water conservation
Part-II: Domain paper
Syllabus for Civil Engineering:
- Building Technology and Construction Management
- Fluid Mechanics
- Surveying, Cost Estimation and Field Engineering
- Irrigation and Water resources
- Theory of Structures and Strength of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Soil Mechanics and Foundations Engineering
- Design of RC Concrete and Masonry Structures
- Design of Steel Structures
- Construction Technology
- Auto-CAD Civil Engineering Drawing
Click here for the detailed RSMSSB JEN Syllabus for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Result
The RSMSSB will release a list of candidates qualifying for document verification a few weeks after the written examination. Candidates can easily access the results on the Official Website. A direct link is provided here.
RSMSSB JE 2020 Cut-off
Various factors like difficulty level of the examination, number of students appearing for the test, number of vacancies to be filled, etc., determine the cut-off marks. Here, we have listed the cut-off marks for RSMSSB Junior Engineer (Civil-Degree) 2016 Examination for reference-
We will update you with cut-off marks for the 2021 Examination as soon as it is released. Stay with us!
Responsibilities of a Junior Engineer include:
- Carrying out all tasks given by the Senior Engineer.
- Work on Engineering Projects of the State.
- Assist with design, maintenance, and inspection of ongoing products.
The salary structure of a Junior Engineer appointed through RSMSSB JE Examination looks something like this-
|Basic Salary||₹ 29100-104400|
|Grade Pay||₹ 5400|
|Net Salary||₹ 33800|
RSMSSB JE 2020 Exam Analysis
RSMSSB conducted the Junior Engineer Examination for Civil Engineering Diploma students on 06 September 2020. Here are some key highlights:
- Overall, the difficulty level of the paper was ranked easy.
- The questions asked from the General Knowledge section were easy and direct.
- The domain paper had a few tricky questions but was doable.
The RSMSSB JE Examination isn't very hard to crack. Smart and effective preparation is the key!
Preparation tips for RSMSSB JE 2020 Exam
The first thing you need to do before starting your preparation is to carefully comprehend the syllabus and the examination pattern. Know the exam pattern like the back of your hand.
- Solve plenty of previous years papers to get an idea of the types of questions asked. As negative marking is not applicable, try to attempt a maximum number of questions.
- For general awareness, make a habit of reading a local newspaper every day. Make a note of important events as you go. Most of the questions from general studies are repetitive. Solving previous years question papers will be of great advantage.
- Know your weak areas - take a few mock tests before starting your preparation. Analyse the results and note the areas in which you lag. You can pay special attention to these topics. Allot some specified time in your study plan to focus on them.
- Rely on your college materials for preparation. They will contain all the concepts demanded by the RSMSSB JE examination Syllabus and will be familiar to you since you have already gone through them.
- Plan and divide your time. Designate time for complicated topics in the syllabus. This varies from person to person. Identify your weak areas and work on them.
- Select your subject paper carefully based on the post you are aiming for, and prepare accordingly. Your diploma books will primarily cover the prescribed syllabus in comfortable language.
RSMSSB JE Exam previous Question papers
|Civil (Degree)||2016 Civil (degree) paper|
|Civil (Diploma)||2020 Civil (diploma) paper||2016 Civil (diploma) paper|
|Electrical (Degree)||2020 Electrical (degree) paper|
|Electrical (Diploma)||2020 Electrical (diploma) paper|
|Mechanical (Degree)||2020 Mechanical (degree) paper||2016 Mechanical (degree) paper|
|Mechanical (Diploma)||2020 Mechanical (diploma) paper||2016 Mechanical (diploma) paper|
Recommended Books for RSMSSB JE 2020 Exam
General Knowledge of Rajasthan
|Rajasthan GK Book||Lucent Publication|
|Rajasthan Samanya Gyan||Dharohar|
|Rajasthan Samanya Gyan (Hindi)||RBD Publication|
|Strength of Materials||Gere and Temoshenko or B C Punamia|
|Structural Analysis||Negi or S Ramamurtham|
|Concrete Structures||Punamia & Jain|
|Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg.||Ranjan & Rao|
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||Modi & Seth|
|Irrigation||S K Garg|
Study Plan for RSMSSB JE 2020
Syllabus: Covering all the topics in the syllabus is very important. Don't limit yourself to only conventional sources. Solve a maximum number of multiple-choice questions for practice. There is plenty of practice material available on the internet - mock tests, sample papers, e-books, video lectures, online study materials, topper notes, etc.
Making notes: make short notes as you proceed through the syllabus. These notes should be crisp and to the point. Include mind maps and flowcharts wherever appropriate. Make notes for each chapter highlighting essential details and include a precise explanation of concepts.
Solve previous year papers- Try solving them by having yourself the time limit you are getting in the examination. The main objective of doing this is that aspirants will identify their weak & strong areas.
Quality Study- It is suggested not to cramp yourself with a massive bulk of study material from multiple sources. This causes you to end up studying nothing instead.
We hope that you found all the information you were looking for about RSMSSB JE Examination. Stay updated with any developments regarding the examination. Take special care of your health, especially during this unfortunate time. Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!