- Team Edural
Punjab Police Constable is one of the secondary forces in the Punjab Police (abbreviated as PP). Punjab Police is accountable for enforcing law and order in the state by recruiting constables and inspectors into the force. Punjab Police has released a notification for recruiting male and female candidates as constables into the Punjab Police force.
|Notification Date:||Mid July|
|Starting Date for Application:||15th July 2021|
|Last Date for Application:||15 August 2021|
|Exam Date:||25th and 26th September 2021|
- 10+2 or equivalent qualification from a renowned Education Board/University is mandatory for the post of a constable.
- In the case of Ex-Servicemen, the minimum educational qualification shall be Matriculation.
- No candidate will be eligible for appearing in the Written test unless they have passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi or any other equivalent examination in the Punjabi language (which may be specified by the Punjab government from time to time).
- As of 1st January 2021, aspirants should have attained the age of 18 years but must not have reached 28 years of age, provided further that:
- SC/ ST/ BC candidates shall be given relaxation by five years in the upper age limit.
- Veterans shall be given relaxation by three years in the upper age limit and the number of years of service provided by them in the Indian Defence Forces.
- Serving government employees (State Govt. or Central Govt.) shall be given relaxation in the upper age limit by five years, but they should not have attained the age of 33 years, as of 1st January 2021.
How To Apply
- Go to the Punjab Police's official website - www.punjabpolice.gov.in
- Go to the 'Recruitment section.
- Spot the Common Online Application Form for the post of Constable.
- Begin filling the online application form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Keep a copy of the registration form for future reference.
To be notified.
- District Cadre Vacancies: 2016
- Armed Cadre Vacancies: 2346
About 20% of these posts are reserved for SC, ST, or Tribe category candidates. Nearly 13% of posts are reserved for BC candidates. In last, about 10% of seats are under the Ex-Serviceman quota.
This year, around 1440 Posts are available for women candidates. Therefore, 33% of seats are reserved for them.
The selection process consists of:
- Written Test
- Physical Screening Test (PST)
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
|Subjects||No. of Question Marks|
|General Knowledge and Environmental Science||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude and Reading Comprehension||30|
The questions shall be framed from the following topics:
- Mathematical/Reasoning/Logical Ability
- Language Skills (Punjabi/English)
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge of India
- Institutional of Indian Criminal Justice System, Basic Knowledge of Indian Constitution etc.
To be notified.
|Category||Expected Cut Offs|
- To promote & preserve public order.
- To promote internal security & prevent and control terrorist activities.
- To protect public properties.
- To prevent crime & reduce the opportunity for the Department of the same.
- The annual package for the Punjab Police Constable post is INR 1,23,600 to INR 4,17,600.
Know the examination pattern and syllabus: Candidates must know the Punjab Police examination pattern and syllabus before starting their preparation. The foreknowledge of the syllabus will help aspirants to prepare for the upcoming exams.
Prepare an effective study plan: It is essential to draft an effective study plan before exam preparation. In your study plan, take extra care that you give equal time to all subjects.
Practice Previous Year Papers and Mock Tests: Once you are well acquainted with your syllabus, the next important thing you must do is mock tests. Appearing for a mock test will help candidates to prepare for the upcoming examination.
Take Proper Brakes: A calm and composed mind is essential to perform well during the exam. Avoid stress by taking proper breaks in between your study schedule.
Previous Question Papers
Click here to view, Punjab Police Constable paper 1.
Click here to view, Punjab Police Constable paper 2.
Below is a list of important books applicable for all posts coming under the Punjab Police Constable Recruitment exam 2021:
For Police Constable
|Mathematics||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal.|
|Language Skills (English)||Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|Language Skills (Punjabi)||Punjab Police Constable||Swarn Guides|
|Basic Computer Knowledge||Objective Computer Awareness||R. Pillai|
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge of India||Lucent’s General Knowledge||General English|
|Basic knowledge of Indian Constitution, Institutions of Indian Criminal Justice System etc.||Punjab Police Sub Inspector Exam Book English & Punjab||Singh & Walia|
- Revise Wisely: The intense syllabus of the exam can make you anxious. Plan your study method in such a way that you get to revise all that you have learnt the whole day or week.
- Make notes: Making quick notes while studying helps you the next time you flip the books for revision.
- Practice questions: Another important task to add to your life under preparation is practicing previous years' question papers. At least, the past five years' questions need to be solved by the aspirants. It helps you to form a clear picture of what you are going to approach.
- Be strategic: You need to find out the plan that works the best for you. Critical evaluation of your performance will help you identify the best strategy. Keeping a positive mental attitude will add zest to your daily routine, which will eventually subside the exam pressure.
- Time Management: Managing time in a well-structured manner is an essential job, both before and after you crack any competitive examination.
Wish you the very best for your exam. Hope this article helped you collect useful information to be one step closer to your dream job by providing the know-how of this kind of job.