- Team Edural
The PSSSB or Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board has opened many vacancies for the role of Junior Draftsman. As such, it remains one of the more prestigious exams to qualify in India.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Exam 2021 At A Glance
|Name||PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021|
|Conducting Body||Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board (PSSSB)|
|Vacant Post||Junior Draftsman|
|Number of Vacancies||659|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Written Examination, Drawing Skill Test|
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Notification
Under advertisement number 02/2021, PSSSB had released its initial official notification on 15 January 2021, available here. On 7 July 2021, PSSSB released a second notification under Advt. No. 12/2021, which candidates can check out here. In the new notification, the admission portal has been reopened for candidates to get a second chance to apply, if they missed it the first time.
The last date has been extended from 22 July 2021, as the initial notification mentioned, to 31 July 2021. Candidates can check the announcement pdf here.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Important Dates
|PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Notification release||15 January 2021, 7 July 2021|
|PSSSB Junior Draftsman online application portal opens|
|Last date to Apply Online for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021|
|PSSSB Junior Draftsman Admit card release||to be announced|
|PSSSB Junior Draftsman Exam Date 2021||to be announced|
|PSSSB Junior Draftsman Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021
|Junior Draftsman (Civil)||10th standard pass + 2 years ITI certification (civil)/ 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a government-recognized university.|
|Junior Draftsman (Mechanical)||2 years ITI certification (mechanical)/ 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized university.|
|Junior Draftsman (Architecture)||3 years Diploma in Architectural Assistantship from a recognized government-university or awarded by the State Board of Technical Education/ a degree in Architecture from a government-recognized university.|
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 37 years
|State/Central Government Employees||8 years|
|PwD (Punjab)||10 years|
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Application Fee
How to Apply for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021
- Visit the official website of PSSSB.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the PSSSB application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official PSSSB website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 exam:
|Post||Vacancies as per Advt. No. 02/2021||Vacancies as per Advt. No. 12/2021|
|Junior Draftsman (civil)||529||585|
|Junior Draftsman (mechanical)||13||13|
|Junior Draftsman (architecture)||05||61|
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Reservation List
The PSSSB Junior Draftsman Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. PSSSB has released an in-depth category-specific reservation list, which candidates can check out here.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of an objective type written test, followed by a drawing skill test, and lastly, document verification.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Exam Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section in the written examination carries:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Technical (as per choice of subject)||80||80|
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|Numerical Ability||Simplification, Percentage, Number system, LCF and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Number series, Average, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple and Compound Interest, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration and Data Interpretation|
|English/Punjabi Languages||Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Correction in Sentences, Idioms and their meanings, Spell Checks|
|Information Technology||Basics of Computers, Malware, Network, Internet, SMS, messengers, Office Productivity Tools|
|Technical||Civil, Mechanical, Architecture|
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Results
The PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 Cut-off
PSSSB has specified a minimum qualifying percentage of 40% in the written exam for candidates to qualify for further rounds. As of yet, no other cut off has been released by PSSSB.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman Job Profile
Here are the duties that a PSSSB Junior Draftsman must perform once hired:
- Assisting project managers in respective departments.
- Reporting regularly on the progress and completion of drawings.
- Helping obtain approval on drawings.
- Creating high-quality drawings.
- Ensuring all assigned projects are completed in the stipulated timeline.
- Assisting in daily errands of the department.
- Tending to drafting requirements for new and old projects.
- Drafting plans and drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects.
- Reviewing rough sketches, drawings, and other engineering data.
- Presenting drawings to production teams and making necessary adjustments.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman Salary Details
PSSSB Junior Draftsmen will be eligible to a pay scale of approximately INR 25,500 per month.
PSSSB Junior Draftsman Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 paper are:
- Numerical Ability
- Information Technology
- Technical section (civil, mechanical, architecture)
Points to note:
- The exam will consist of Objective-Type MCQs.
- The paper will be bilingual (English and Punjabi).
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for each incorrect answer.
- Every correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
Preparation Tips for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021
Candidates preparing for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of PSSSB preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Allotting a specific number of mathematics exercises daily from different subtopics and solving them diligently. Focusing on the errors and redoing the incorrect problems over and over again is advisable.
- Reading local newspapers as well as esteemed English dailies such as The Hindu and The Economic Times will provide a good base for English Language preparation.
- Speaking with those in the vicinity in English and local languages, and watching TV shows, movies, and news channels in English and Punjabi will be beneficial.
PSSSB Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Recommended Books for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K. Sinha|
- 6th to 12th standard Punjabi grammar textbooks
|Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Fourth edition (2018)||Rajesh Verma|
Study Plan for PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking the PSSSB Junior Draftsman exam should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice writing short stories or poems in English or Punjabi to build fluency and retain vocabulary.
- Dedicate 6-8 hours to studying in a day, more than that can exhaust you.
- Make comprehensive notes for every chapter and gather the common topics of all help books together so as to avoid feeling overwhelmed with the syllabus.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Make sure to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding PSSSB Junior Draftsman 2021. Keep your payment ID handy after paying for your form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies. Start preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. Remember, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!