- Team Edural
The PSSSB or Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board has opened many vacancies for the roles of Senior Industrial Promotions, Officer Block Level Extension Officers, and Excise & Taxation Inspectors. As such, it remains one of the more prestigious exams to qualify in India.
PSSSB Examination 2021 Important Dates
|PSSSB 2021 Notification release||20 May 2021|
|PSSSB online application portal opens||21 May 2021|
|Last date to Apply Online for PSSSB 2021||15 June 2021 (till 5pm)|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||18 July 2021|
|PSSSB Admit card release||to be announced|
|PSSSB Exam Date 2021||to be announced|
|PSSSB Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for PSSSB Examination-2021
Senior Industrial Promotion Officer/ Block Level Extension Officer:
- Candidates must have completed graduation in any field from a government-recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates must have studied a Punjabi subject in 10th grade.
Excise and Taxation Inspector:
- Candidates must have completed graduation in any field from a government-recognized University.
- A minimum of 120 hours of working experience in using computers.
- An O Level certificate from the DOEACC in Computer Information Technology
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 37 years
Age Relaxations are in place for Punjab domiciled individuals only. Candidates can refer to the official website for more details.
PSSSB Examination 2021 Application Fee
|Ex-serviceman/ Dependent||INR 200|
How to Apply for PSSSB Examination 2021
- Visit the official website of PSSSB.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the PSSSB application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
PSSSB Examination 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official PSSSB website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the PSSSB 2021 exam:
|Senior Industrial Promotion Officer||56|
|Block Level Extension Officer||61|
|Excise and Taxation Inspector||51|
PSSSB Examination 2021 Reservation List
|SC (M & B)||14|
|SC (R & O)||13|
|Physical Handicapped (Ortho)||03|
|Physical Handicapped ( Hearing impaired )||02|
PSSSB Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of an objective type written test, followed by a counselling session. The written test will feature MCQs.
PSSSB Examination 2021 Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section carries:
|General Knowledge: India and Punjab||15|
|Languages: English and Punjabi||20|
|Punjab History and Culture||10|
|Child Care and Development||20|
PSSSB Examination 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, History of India, Geography of India, Polity and Specific Knowledge, Sports, Cinema, Literature, Freedom movements and social movements, Important Events, Legal system, Fundamental rights and duties|
|Numerical Ability||Simplification, Percentage, Number system, LCF and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Number series, Average, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple and Compound Interest, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration and Data Interpretation|
|Reasoning Ability||Analogy, Series, Mathematical Operations, Coding and Decoding|
|Languages||Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Correction in Sentences, Idioms and their meanings, Spell Checks|
|Information Technology||Basics of Computers, Malware, Network, Internet, SMS, messengers, Office Productivity Tools|
|Punjab History and Culture||Gurus, Sufis, Saints, the British Raj, National Movement, Major personalities, Punjabi literature|
|Child Care and Development||Early Care, Education Management, Child Protection, Children with Special Needs, Vaccination, Malnutrition, Common Ailments, National Health Programs|
PSSSB Examination 2021 Results
The PSSSB 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
PSSSB Examination 2021 Cut-off
The following table shows the cut-off ranks for previous years. 2021 cut-offs will be updated as they are released on the official website.
|General||56 to 58|
|OBC||48 to 50|
|SC||41 to 43|
|ESM General||49 to 51|
|ESM OBC||33 to 35|
|ESM SC||41 to 43|
|Sports General||34 to 36|
|Sports SC||36 to 38|
|Physically Handicapped||33 to 35|
|Descendants of Freedom Fighters||35 to 38|
PSSSB Job Profile
Here are the duties that a PSSSB officer must perform once hired:
Senior Industrial Promotion Officer:
- Assisting the Manager in daily office work, including the proper implementation of Central and State Government schemes
- Inspecting small scale industrial units.
- Recommending registrations and subsidies.
Block Level Extension Officer:
- Maintaining the database of the Patent Office
- Overseeing online filing of the Patent application
- Handling different serves in the Patent Office
Excise and Taxation Inspector:
- Overseeing revenue collection in particular jurisdictions
- Implementing newly introduced tax-related schemes and policies
- Keeping track of defaulters and taking necessary steps
- Maintaining tax records
PSSSB Salary Details
|Senior Industrial Promotion Officer||INR 35,400||Level 6|
|Block Level Extension Officer||INR 35,400||Level 6|
|Excise & Taxation Inspector||INR 35,400||Level 6|
PSSSB Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the PSSSB 2021 paper are:
- General Knowledge
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Information Technology
- Punjab History and Culture
- Child Care and Development
For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
The exam focuses on the current affairs of Punjab and the world while simultaneously testing the candidates' skills in numerical ability and language.
Preparation Tips for PSSSB Examination 2021
Candidates preparing for PSSSB Examination 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of PSSSB preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Keeping an eye on current affairs and local and international news is a big part of learning organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
PSSSB Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for PSSSB Examination 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|The Constitution of India: Miracle, Surrender, Hope||Rajeev Dhavan|
|Data interpretation||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for PSSSB Examination 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking PSSSB should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice relevant quizzes regularly.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is an excellent way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam centre. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Make sure to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding PSSSB 2021. Keep your payment ID handy after paying for your form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies. Start preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. Remember, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!
PSSSB Examination 2021 Notification
Under advertisement number 09/2021, PSSSB has released its official notification, which you can check out here.