- Team Edural
As per the latest official notification, the PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer exam will be held on 14 & 15 June 2021. PPSC will conduct the PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Civil and Electrical engineering exam on 15 June, while the Water and Sanitation engineer exam will be held on 14 June.
|Conducting Authority||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Post name||Sub Divisional Engineer|
|Selection Process||Competitive Written Exam & an Interview|
|Exam||Date of Exam|
|Start Date of Online Application||27 March 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||09 April 2021|
|Written Exam||15 June 2021|
|Interview||To be Announced|
- The candidate must have a civil or mechanical engineering degree from a recognized university or institute in India.
- A candidate needs to learn the Punjabi Language until matriculation, and it is also recommended to know the English language.
- Defence personnel who are residents of Punjab are given two years within which they need to learn & qualify for the compulsory Punjabi language examination.
- No such test for the Punjabi language shall be conducted for a war hero/ his dependent.
- A candidate must be a citizen of Nepal, India, or Bhutan to apply for PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Recruitment. Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1 January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently may apply for this post.
- An Indian candidate who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma & East African countries to settle in India permanently can apply for this post.
- If a candidate is not an Indian citizen, they must provide an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of Punjab.
- The candidate must belong to the age group of 18-37 years old as of 01-01-2021.
- Few relaxations have been provided for candidates applying under a specific category. These upper age limit relaxations are: -
|Category||Upper age limit (after relaxation)|
|SC, ST & Backward Classes Candidates from Punjab||42 years|
|State Government Employees, Punjab Government Employees, Central Government Employees||45 years|
|SC, ST & Backward Classes Candidates from Punjab||42 years|
|Widows, Divorcees & other categories of women||42 years|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||ESM of Punjab shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces from his actual age & if the resultant age does not exceed the standard upper limit, he shall be eligible for this post.|
|Ex-Servicemen from Punjab||40 years|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates from Punjab||47 years|
|General (including LDESM, Punjab)||INR 1500|
|SC & Backwards Classes of Punjab||INR 750|
|ESM category of Punjab||INR 500|
|Differently-abled persons of Punjab||INR 750|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit their official website.
- Then, all the links for different recruitment notifications shall pop up. Click on the link that reads "Recruitment To The 50 Posts Of Sub Divisional Engineer in the Department of Water Supply & Sanitation Department".
- Go through the general instructions properly first & then click on Apply. Fill in the details in the application form perfectly.
- Now, you will be asked to upload a passport size photograph & a signature. Make sure you scan those & keep them ready in the assigned format.
- Pay your application fee as per the category by any of the acceptable online payment options. Make sure to take a printout of your fee deposit receipt for future references.
The admit card for the written examination is made available a few weeks before the exam on the PPSC official website. Candidates should log in to the website & download the admit card once it is released. All necessary details about the examination will be mentioned in the admit card & you should go through the entire guidelines before the examination. Print your admit card & keep your admit card safe as it might be challenging to get hold of it at a later stage.
The steps to download your Admit Card is given below:
- Log in to the official website of PPSC, i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in.
- Click on the "Download Admit Card for the Examination" link on the homepage.
- Type in your registration number & password along with the correct CAPTCHA, and then click on Submit.
- Your Admit card will now be visible on your browser screen.
- After that, download your admit card & remember to take a printout for the examination day.
|Water Resources Management Development Corporation||15|
|Department of Rural Development and Panchayat||23|
|Department of Town & Country Planning (Public Health)||06|
|Department of Town & Country Planning (Public Health)||25|
|Department of Town & Country Planning (Punjab Urban Development Authority)||09|
|Department Water Supply and Sanitation||-|
The PPSC SDE Recruitment consists of two stages, i.e. the Competitive Written Examination & the Interview. The interview is held after the written examination & only those candidates who have secured the cut-off marks in the written examination are shortlisted to appear for the interview.
Competitive Written Exam:
The examination consists of 120 questions. Each question is worth 2.5 marks & the total marks for the examination are 300. This exam is divided into mental Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, & Sub Divisional Engineering Subjects.
The interview is conducted to assess the candidate's suitability for the job regarding their personal qualities. Anything, ranging from technical to individual questions, can be asked during the interview. The main aim here is to examine if the candidate is suitable for the job. They must get a minimum of 45% marks overall in both the Written Exam and the interview to be eligible for the available vacancies.
Competitive Written Exam:
- The competitive written examination shall be objective type with MCQs.
- Two hours is the duration of the examination for attempting 120 questions.
- Each question will be worth 2.5 marks, & there is no negative marking for wrong answers/ un-attempted questions.
- The written examination will cover all the subjects from the syllabus.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Civil and Mechanical Engineering||100 questions||250 marks||No negative marking|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Current Affairs||20 questions||50 marks||No negative marking|
- Candidates must at least have a minimum of 45% marks (40% for the SC & Backward Classes) to qualify for the written exam & be eligible for the interview.
- A panel of interviewers shall conduct the interview to examine the personality of the candidate & to see if the candidate is fit for the job or not.
- Candidates with an aggregate score of 45% marks overall (40% for SC & Backward Classes) in both written exams & interviews will be eligible for selection under the ongoing recruitment drive.
|Interview||Testing personality, subject knowledge, confidence etc., of the candidate.||40 marks|
|Civil Engineering||Construction Materials, Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures, Design of Steel Structures, Construction Planning & Management, Environmental Engineering, Hydrology & Water Resource Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Foundation Engineering, Highway Engineering, Geology, Procurement & Cost Estimates, Solar Energy.|
|Mechanical Engineering Syllabus||Solid Mechanics, Flow of Fluids, Structural Analysis, Motors, Air Conditioning, Pumps.|
|Logical Reasoning & General Knowledge||General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Known facts, Logical Reasoning & Aptitude based queries etc.|
|Punjabi & English Language||English Grammar, Essays, Articles etc., Punjabi in Gurumukhi Script, English Comprehension, Punjabi language grammar and expressions.|
The results for the PPSC examination will be posted on its official website. These are the steps you can follow to fetch your results:
- Go to PPSC Official Website.
- Click on the link for "PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Recruitment Result 2021".
- Once you get to the result page, fill in all the asked details & click on the submit button.
- The result will appear on your screen. Download the copy & take a printout for future purposes.
PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Recruitment Cut-off 2021 has not been announced by the commission until the selection process is completed. This is done to check any influence in the decision of the interview panel. The cut-off will be officially announced along with the final result on the official website. To proceed to the next step, the candidates must score the minimum required marks.
|Exam Level||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Interview||A candidate must score an aggregate of 45% in both written exam & interview (40% for the SC & Backward Classes).|
|Written Exam||A minimum of 45% marks overall (40% for the Backward Classes & SC).|
The Pay-Scale of the PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer is INR 15600- INR 39100. This figure is as per the Level 10 of the Pay Matrix in the 7th Pay Commission.
- Revise through your notes which you have previously made at the time of your preparation. Do know to go for in-between revising. This will occupy more time & patience.
- Although the end weeks can be the chaotic ones, a calm & planned approach is all that is needed.
- This examination has no negative making. Therefore, this will give you good opportunities to try all the questions in the exam hall, which will boost your score.
- In the last few days, engage in more mock tests as much as possible. This will increase your confidence & give you a look at your weaknesses.
- Last but not least, a good diet & proper sleep is key to your good health, and when you are applying for defence, good health is essential.
PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|Logical Reasoning sample paper||Click here|
|Mental Ability||Click here|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Click here|
|Civil Engineering||Click here|
|Mechanical Engineering||Click here|
|PPSC Senior Assistant Exam||PPSC Senior Assistant Exam Books|
|PPSC Cooperative Inspector Exam||PPSC Cooperative Inspector Exam Books|
|PPSC ADO Exam||PPSC ADO Exam Books|
|PPSC Judicial Service Exam||PPSC Judicial Service Exam Books|
|PPSC Audit Inspector Exam||PPSC Audit Inspector Exam Books|
|PPSC Headmaster/ Headmistress Exam||PPSC Headmaster/Headmistress Exam Books|
|PPSC Medical Officer Exam||PPSC Medical Officer Exam Books|
|PPSC Lecturer Exam||PPSC Lecturer Exam Books|
|PPSC Principal Exam||PPSC Principal Exam Books|
|PPSC Veterinary Officer Exam||PPSC Veterinary Officer Exam Books|
|PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Exam||PPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Exam Books|
Start early: Starting preparing for the PPSC SDE RECRUITMENT 2021 examination in the early phase helps you plan your studies & a suitable material, which one must have to crack the examination.
Get thorough with the Syllabus & Exam Pattern: You must go through the exam Syllabus & pattern, as your preparation will be based entirely on these two things. Good knowledge of the exam pattern gives you an idea about how to move ahead with PPSC SDE exam preparation.
Know the weightage of your vital subjects: Information about the topic distribution in the question paper is an excellent strategy to be adapted. It helps you know the weightage of strong & weak areas & help you prepare accordingly. You can go through the previous question papers to see the weightage of portions &, consequently, concentrate on those topics which appear to have more questions & weightage in the question paper.
Usage of Reference Books is necessary: Many books are often named for sources by previous toppers, which would help PPSC SDE preparation. While the students can use the textbooks for studying, it is recommended that extra books be looked into to boost & make your concepts strong.
Revision is the Principal Keyword: The most critical part of preparing for the PPSC SDE Exam is often revising. One should not be under any impression that revision will be done once the whole syllabus is finished. It's entirely wrong to revise after studying any topics or concepts or subjects not to forget what was absorbed. The revision will help in the understanding of the topics or concepts & make you more competent. It is also prudent to make notes that you can refer to later near the exam during revision. Also, solve the last 10 years' paper & check with solutions to avoid minor blunders. Doing this contributes highly to your preparation.
Kindly pay attention and keep track of the dates written above. Carefully read about the exam pattern precisely. Remember, you are one step closer to your calling today!