- Team Edural
NIELIT or the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology has recently announced no less than 18 vacancies for the post of Scientist B. NIELIT will be conducting an exam to gauge the skills and know-how of eager aspirants. Candidates can find the details of the exam below:
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Name||NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT)|
|Vacant Post||Scientist B|
|Number of Vacancies||18|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||OMR-based|
|Selection Process||Written exam, Interview|
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Notification
As per the notification dated 10 June 2021, NIELIT has announced 18 vacancies for the post of Scientist B, which you can check out here.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Notification release||10 June 2021|
|NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment online application portal opens||10 June 2021|
|Last date to Apply for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021||9 July 2021|
|NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Admit card release||to be announced|
|NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Exam Date 2021||to be announced|
|NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021
Candidates must possess any of the following:
- An M. Sc. degree in either Electronics or Computer Science
- An MCA or DOEACC B-level
- An M. Tech., M. E., B. E., or B. Tech. degree
- Aspirants must be 30 years old or below (as of 31 December 2020) to apply for the post of Scientist B.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
How to Apply for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021
- Visit the official website of NIELIT.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official NIELIT website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 exam:
Total Number of Vacancies: 18
Here is a detailed idea of the category-wise vacancy:
- Unreserved classes: 12
- EWS: 1
- OBC: 4
- ST: 1
- PwD: 1
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Reservation List
The NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. Candidates can find a distinct break-down of category-wise vacancies under the 'List of Vacancies' subsection.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Selection Process
The selection process consists of the following:
- Written Exam
- Document Verification
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
Here is the structure of the NIELIT Scientist B recruitment exam:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Technical (Computer Science/Computer Engineering)||78||78|
|Generic (Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative and Qualitative skills, and General Aptitude)||42||42|
- Time Duration: 3 hours
- Weightage: 65% for Technical section and 35% for the Generic section
- Total Number of Questions: 120
- Total Marks: 120
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
- Technical Section
Probability, Statistics, Combinatorics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Analog/Digital Communication, Programming and Data Structure, Algorithms, Compiler Design, Operating System and Database, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Web Technologies, Cyber Security and Emerging Technologies, Cloud Technology
- Generic Section
Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
Semantic Analogy, Figural Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Semantic Classification, Figural Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Number Series, Word Building, Numerical Operations, Coding & de-coding, symbolic Operations, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Trends, Space Orientation, Drawing inferences, Figural Pattern, Indexing, Date and city matching, Address matching, Small and Capital letters/ numbers coding, Classification of center codes/roll numbers, decoding and classification, Critical thinking, Embedded Figures, Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence
India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Geography, Culture, Economic trend, General Polity, and Scientific Research, Science, Books and Authors, Current Affairs, Sports, Important Days, Important Schemes, Portfolios, and People in News
Quantitative and Qualitative Aptitude:
Whole numbers, decimals and fractions, Relationships between numbers, Discount, Profit and Loss, Partnership Business, Time and distance, Percentage, Time & Work, Ratio and Proportion Averages, Interest, Square roots, Basic Algebraic, Surds, Triangles, Graphs of Linear Equations, Congruence and similarity of triangles, tangents, Circle and its chords, Quadrilaterals, Circle, Right Prism, Regular Polygons, Right Circular Cone, Sphere, Right Circular Cylinder, Heights and Distances, Frequency polygon, Histogram, Bar diagram, Pie chart, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Hemispheres, Regular Right Pyramid, Trigonometric ratio, Standard Identities, Degree and Radian Measures, Complementary angles.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Results
The NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 Cut-off
Candidates can find a detailed idea of the cut offs for the post of Scientist B below:
|Category||Number of candidates meeting the eligibility criteria||Highest marks secured (for provisional interview shortlist)||Lowest marks secured (for provisional interview shortlist)|
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Job Profile
Here are the duties that a Scientist B must perform once hired:
- Handling and assisting in the promotion, planning, design, development, and Implementation of various Computerization services.
- Managing the development and implementation of Information Systems and Expert Systems.
- Attend field visits to oversee technical aspects of projects.
- Collecting and processing information, overseeing NICNET operations.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Salary Details
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment employees will be able to avail the following pay levels and scales:
- Salary Range: INR 56,100 to INR 1,77,500
- Pay Band: Level 10
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 paper are:
- Technical and Computer-Related Knowledge
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Quantitative and Qualitative Ability
- General Aptitude
Here are a few points that candidates must remember:
- The written exam will be OMR-based.
- There will be 2 sections: Technical and Generic.
- The total marks for the exam is 120.
- 3 hours will be allotted for the exam.
- For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Section-wise difficulty level:
|Compiler design/ theory of computation||Easy|
|Digital and analog communication||Easy|
|Cyber security and cloud-technology||Easy|
|Information systems and software engineering||Medium|
|Probability, statistics, and combinatorial theory||Easy|
|Data structures and programming, OOP||Medium|
|Web technology /HTML||Easy|
|Quantitative and qualitative ability||Medium|
|Interpretation of data||Medium|
Preparation Tips for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021
Candidates preparing for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Aspirants should take time to prepare diligently. It doesn’t hurt to follow a strict study plan and make other conscious changes to increase the output for the finals.
- Candidates must begin preparations right now and save themselves the hassle of being under too much pressure later on.
- Examinees ought to get into a habit of accumulating information from elsewhere. Books can only get one so far, and there are tons of informational channels on YouTube which discuss relevant exams related details.
- Students are advised to solve mock papers and time trial themselves. That will provide invaluable practice and help them gauge their performance better.
NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find previous years' question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics: M. Tyra
- Data Interpretation: Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude: R. S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Fourth edition (2018): Rajesh Verma
For Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal: Arihant Publication
- Analytical Reasoning: M. K. Pandey
- Bank Clerk Reasoning Chapter-wise Solved Papers 2003 Till Date: Kiran Prakashan
For General Aptitude:
- Quick General Awareness by Disha Publications
- General Awareness for Competitive Exams: Disha Experts
- Advanced Objective General Knowledge: S. Chand
- Manorama Year Book (English and Hindi)
For Technical Aptitude:
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams: Arihant Publishers
- Computer Awareness: Soumya Ranjan Behera
- Objective Computer Science and Information Technology: G. K. Mithal
- Objective Computer Knowledge: Kiran Prakashan
Study Plan for NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment should plan to do the following:
- Begin focusing on programming languages and solving online quizzes regarding the same. Fluency in coding can be immensely beneficial for the NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment exam.
- Practice logical reasoning exercises daily to be thorough with the type of questions asked.
- Make a list of a specific number of mathematical problems or questions you will be solving daily, so as to stay in practice and simultaneously fix your current weak areas.
- Try to converse with anyone interested in current affairs in your vicinity, along with watching movies, TV shows, or listening to podcasts or audiobooks to amplify your knowledge in current affairs in the world.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Candidates are well-advised to check the official website regularly for further updates and notifications regarding NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2021. The payment ID is crucial, so it must be kept handy after paying for the form.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. With that said, aspirants must always have faith in their preparations and the hard work they have put in. All the best!