- Team Edural
NIACL is one of the largest India based insurance companies, founded in 1919 by Sir. Dorabji Tata. The firm's recruitment/appointment processes would be done to fill the posts of administrative officers as generalist and specialist cadres every year.
Link leading to the official notification- Click here.
NIACL 2021 Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||24 August 2021|
|Online Application Starts||01 September 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||21 September 2021|
|Payment of Application Fee||21 September 2021|
|Pre Admit Card 2021||10-15 days prior to the exam date|
|Exam Date 2021 - Prelims||October 2021 (tentative)|
|Mains Admit Card Download Date||10-15 days prior to the exam date|
|Mains Exam Date 2021||November 2021 (tentative)|
|Mains Result Date||-|
|Download of NIACL AO Interview Call Letter||To be announced soon|
NIACL AO examination candidates must fulfil the following terms:
To appear in the examination, a candidate must fall under any of the following categories:
- An Indian citizen,
- A candidate of Nepal,
- A subject from Bhutan,
- A Tibetan permanent immigrant who had come to India to settle before January 1, 1962.
- A candidate of Indian origin has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania and Vietnam. The Government of India should have issued the immigrants the immigrant candidates with a certificate of eligibility.
Educational qualification of the candidates:
- The minimum qualification to appear for the NIACL AO examination is either an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree from any state/central government acknowledged university.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST/PWD/EWC categories should have a minimum score of 55%.
- Candidates under the categories of General/OBC should at least have a minimum score of 60%.
- The minimum qualifications for the candidates applying for the position of specialist cadre are mentioned below:
Qualifications for the position of specialist cadre:
Candidates with MBA finance or PGDM finance degrees must provide their certificate from graduation supporting their domain. They shall be disqualified from appearing for the interview if failed to provide the same.
|General / OBC||Rs 500|
|SC / ST/ PwD / Ex-Serviceman / Female||Rs 50|
How To Apply + Application Form Correction Date
- Visit the official website of NIACL.
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Fill up the application form with the details required.
- Scrutinize the Application Form once again before proceeding with the next step.
- Upload the photograph and the scanned documents as asked.
- Crosscheck the application form and click on “Submit”.
- Pay the registration fee online using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card, etc.
- Take a printout for future reference.
- Application form correction date: To be notified.
NIACL assistant admit card releases two weeks before the written examination. In Tier I, NIACL assistant admit card for all registered candidates are released, whereas in Tier II NIACL assistant admit cards are released for all candidates qualified in Tier I. Candidates need to download the admit cards within the given timeframe or before the deactivation of the NIACL assistant admit card download link. All admit cards are released online on NIACL official website.
Vacancy & Reserve list
NIACL 2021 Selection Process is divided into two phases.
The first phase will be an online preliminary test which will be objective in nature.
Candidates who qualify in the prelims will have to appear in a mains test that will be both objective and descriptive.
Exams for NIACL are conducted on Preliminary and Mains levels. The preliminary Exam consists of 1-hour duration, and Mains is of 2 hours duration.
NIACL Assistant Preliminary Test Exam Pattern:
NIACL Prelims consists of 3 sections. Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English. Each section consists of a duration of 20 minutes and must be attempted in the allotted time only. Both the number of questions and the maximum marks that a candidate can obtain are also 100.
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern:
NIACL Mains consists of 5 sections: Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, English, General Awareness, and Computer. Each section consists of 40 questions, and the total duration of the Exam is 2 hours. There will be 200 questions in total, and the maximum marks that the candidate can obtain are 250.
|Quantitative Ability||Data Interpretation, Sequence & Series, Simplification, Approximation, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic, Probability, Data Sufficiency.|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Para Jumbles, Fillers, Para Completion.|
|Logical Reasoning||Puzzles Seating, Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Reasoning, Miscellaneous.|
|Computer Knowledge||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet, MS Office, Memory, Input-Output devices, Computer Shortcuts, Important Abbreviations.|
- Result for NIACL AO exam of the preliminary phase: To be notified
- Result for NIACL AO exam of the main stage: To be notified
|Category||English Language (Total Mark -30)||Test of Reasoning (Total Mark -30)||Numerical Aptitude (Total Mark -30)|
|SC, ST, OBC, PC, EXS & DISEXS AND DXS||11.00||11.00||13.50|
NIACL AO job profile for generalists: Aspirants who are appointed under AO generalists in NIACL have to perform the following:
- Claim settlements
- Supervision of Assistant work
- Risk Assessment
- Verification of risk proposals
- Verification and authorization of claims
|Total Salary||Rs. 51,000 (approx)|
NIACL AO Prelims Examination Analysis
NIACL AO Prelims questions range from easy to moderate level in terms of difficulty. It was a computer-based examination and comprised three sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English Language. Each of these sections had 20 minutes time duration.
NIACL AO Mains Examination Analysis
The NIACL AO Mains Examination was conducted successfully on March 2nd. The overall difficulty level of the NIACL AO Mains Exam on March 02nd 2019 was of Moderate level.
- Complete the syllabus for each section and do not ignore any particular topics as sometimes questions can be asked from the most underrated topics.
- Divide your time for all the sections and invest more time for the section in which you feel weak.
- Practice sample questions from previous years.
- Attempt mock test series to improve your accuracy & time management ability.
- Keep revising the subjects to avoid forgetfulness.
Previous question papers
|NIACL English phase I question paper||Click here|
|NIACL English phase II question paper||Click here|
|NIACL Hindi phase I question paper||Click here|
|NIACL Hindi phase II question paper||Click here|
|Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R.S. Agarwal, Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition- AK Gupta, A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English)- B. S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams- R.S. Agarwal, Quantitative Aptitude- Arun Sharma, Quicker Mathematics- M Tyra, Numerical Ability and Mathematical Aptitude- Dr A.B. Rao.|
|English||English Grammar- S.P. Baksh, Corrective English- A.K. Sing, English Grammar- Norman Lewis, Word Power Made Easy- Wren & Martin, Perfect Competitive English- V.K.Sinha, Competitive General English- Kiran Prakashan.|
|Professional Knowledge||Banking Awareness- Arihant Publications, Banking, Financial & General Awareness- I K Pavel, CurrentAffairs and General Awareness|
|NCERT Books||NCERT, Manorama Year Book- Philip Mathew|
|Computer Awareness||Objective Computer Awareness- Somya Ranjan, Computer Awareness- BeheraRani Ahilya, Computer Awareness- Arihant Publication.|
- Revise Wisely: The intense syllabus of the exam can make you anxious. Plan your study method in such a way that you get to revise all that you have learnt the whole day or week.
- Make notes: Making quick notes while studying helps you the next time you flip the books for revision.
- Practice questions: Another important task to add to your life under CAT preparation is practicing previous years' question papers. At least, the past five years' questions need to be solved by the CAT aspirants. It helps you to form a clear picture of what you are going to approach.
- Be strategic: You need to find out the plan that works the best for you. Critical evaluation of your performance will help you identify the best strategy. Keeping a positive mental attitude will add zest to your daily routine, which will eventually subside the exam pressure.
- Time Management: Managing time in a well-structured manner is an essential job, both before and after you crack any competitive examination.