- Team Edural
The National Health Mission is an initiative by the government of India to provide accessible and affordable health care services in rural regions. The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Uttar Pradesh, under NHM, has invited applications from Nursing Professionals for the recruitment of Community Health Officers for the state. NHM UP has advertised 797 vacancies for the post of CHO. Check your eligibility here.
At a glance
|State Organisation||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Department||Health and Family Welfare|
|Post||Community Health Officer|
|Last date to apply||17 August 2021|
|Latest update||Application portal is open. Click here to apply.|
|Notification release||08 July 2021|
|Online application starts||28 July 2021|
|Last date of submission of online Application||17 August 2021|
- Candidates having passed B.Sc (Nursing) with an integrated curriculum of Certificate in Community Health for Nurses (CCHN) from a recognised university are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having passed the Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) course with an integrated curriculum of Certificate in Community Health for Nurses (CCHN) from a recognised university are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have a valid registration certificate from UP Nurses and Midwives Council as a Nurse/Midwife.
The candidate should not be older than 35 years.
Applicants are not required to pay any application fees.
How to Apply
- Visit the website http://upnrhm.gov.in/.
- Go to the "Updates" section and click on "Application form submission for CHO advertisement dated 08.07.2021". Click here for the direct link.
- Click on "Register Now" and register yourself as a new user.
- Log into your profile by entering your credentials here.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields and attached the required documents.
- Preview your application before you submit it.
- You can take a printout of the application form for reference.
The Conducting organisation will not issue any admit cards as the selection is based on merit.
|Community Health Officer||797|
Vacancy distribution shall be subjected to the State reservation policy of Uttar Pradesh.
The selection of CHO is merit-based. Shortlisting of candidates is made based on marks obtained by them in their qualifying examination of B.Sc (Nursing). Shortlisted candidates will be informed via registered email. Keep checking your email for information.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their appointment through registered email. It is advised to go through their registered email for more information.
The CHOs work in coordination with the primary healthcare team in the region. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Implementation of public health programs.
- Help in providing comprehensive primary healthcare service to the community.
- Creating awareness and prevention of diseases.
- Maintaining the sanitary conditions of PHCs.
The salary structure of a Community Health Officer (CHO) on appointment in Uttar Pradesh is ₹ 20,500 per month + up to ₹ 15,000 per month (performance-based incentive)
The COVID-19 situation demands the attention of medical professionals. Through the recruitment of CHOs, the state of Uttar Pradesh has offered an opportunity to all Nursing Professionals to contribute toward public health and welfare. We salute you for all your efforts and sacrifices to keep us safe!