- Team Edural
The Ministry of Defence in India has opened many vacancies for a multiplicity of roles concerning the safety and defence capabilities of the nation. As such, it remains one of the more prestigious exams to qualify in India.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Notification
As per a recent notification of June 2021, the Ministry of Defence has announced 458 vacancies for the posts of Tradesmen Mate, MTS, JOA, Material Assistant, Firemen, ABOU Tradesmen Mate, which you can check out here.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Name||Ministry of Defence Recruitment Exam 2021|
|Vacant Posts||Tradesmen Mate, MTS, JOA, Material Assistant, Firemen, ABOU Tradesmen Mate|
|Number of Vacancies||458|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Defence|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Selection Process||Endurance test, Written Exam, Interview|
|Official Website||[https:// indianarmy.nic.in](https:// indianarmy.nic.in)|
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Important Dates
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021 Notification release||June 2021|
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment online application portal opens||3 July 2021|
|Last date to Apply Online for Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021||6 August 2021|
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment Admit card release||to be announced|
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment Exam Date 2021||to be announced|
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment Skill Test||to be announced|
|Ministry of Defence Recruitment Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021
- Tradesman Mate: Candidates must have a matriculation pass certificate from a government-recognized Board.
- JOA: Candidates must have a 12th pass certificate from a government-recognized Board.
- Material Assistant: Candidates must have a graduation certificate from a government-recognized college or University.
- MTS: Candidates must have a matriculation pass certificate from a government-recognized Board.
- Fireman: Candidates must have a matriculation pass certificate from a government-recognized Board.
- ABOU Tradesman Mate: Candidates must have a matriculation pass certificate from a government-recognized Board.
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 25 years
Note: The age limits mentioned above are the generalized information common to all vacant posts. However, there are a few role-specific age criteria that are mentioned in the official notification. Candidates are well-advised to check the criteria for their preferred post.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Application Fee
There has been no announcement regarding the application fee for the Ministry of Defense Recruitment 2021 exam. Once the application fees are updated, candidates can check them out on the official site.
How to Apply for Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021
- Visit the [official website](https:// indianarmy.nic.in) of the Ministry of Defence.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the Ministry of Defence Recruitment application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official Ministry of Defence website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Here are the vacancies for the Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021 exam:
|ABOU Tradesman Mate||14|
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Reservation List
The Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. Candidates from the SC/ST, OBC, PwD categories, along with ex-servicemen, will be eligible for reservation of seats as mandated by the Indian Government. Candidates can check the official website for more information.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of the following:
- Endurance Test
- Written Exam
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section carries:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
Note: The total duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Letter and Symbol Series, Essential Part, Artificial Language, Making Judgements, Logical Problems, Analysing Arguments, Course of Action, Theme Detection, Statement and Arguments, Number Series, Verbal Classification, Analogies, Matching Definitions, Verbal Reasoning, Logical Games, Statements and Assumptions, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Logical Deduction|
|Numerical Aptitude||Algebra, Differential Equations, Statistics, Analytical Geometry, Statics, Numbers, Number Systems, Percentages, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Discount, Time and Work, Fractions, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Computation of Whole Number, Operations Research, Linear Programming, Differential Geometry, Dynamics, Primary Mathematics, Calculus, Real-Time Analysis, Mensuration, Ratio and Time, Averages. Discount, Decimals|
|General English||Vocabulary, Grammar, Antonyms, Sentence Structure, Detecting Misspelt Words, Idioms and Phrases, Passage, Verbs, Clauses, Fill in the Blanks, Spot the Error, Synonyms, Homonyms, Spellings, One Word substitutions, Improvements, Verbal Comprehension Passage, Adjectives|
|General Awareness||General Polity, History, Indian Constitution, Current Affairs, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, Scientific Research|
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Results
The Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 Cut-off
The Ministry of Defence is yet to release the official cut offs for the recruitment exam of 2021. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for more details, as and when updated.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Job Profile
Employees of the Ministry of Defence will be involved in the following fields:
- Factory Management
- Project Management
Detailed job profiles of specific posts can only be viewed on the [official website](https:// indianarmy.nic.in), once released.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Salary Details
|Tradesman Mate||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 56,900|
|JOA||Rs. 19,900 to Rs. 56,900|
|Material Assistant||Rs. 29,200 to Rs. 92,300|
|MTS||Rs. 29,200 to Rs. 56,900|
|Fireman||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 56,900|
|ABOU Tradesman Mate||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 56,900|
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021 paper are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
- General English
- General Awareness
Here are a few points that candidates must remember:
- There will be a written objective-type test.
- The test will be of 150 marks in total.
- A duration of 150 minutes will be allotted.
- The test will be conducted in English or Hindi.
- Each question will include 4 possible choices, out of which 1 will be correct.
- For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The difficulty of the exam is moderate, but an in-depth knowledge of current affairs and extensive practice of logical reasoning is important.
Preparation Tips for Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021
Candidates preparing for the Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of Ministry of Defence Recruitment preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Keeping an eye on current affairs and local and international news is a big part of learning organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Data interpretation||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for Ministry of Defence Recruitment Examination 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking Ministry of Defence Recruitment should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice relevant quizzes regularly.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is an excellent way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam centre. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Make sure to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2021. Keep your payment ID handy after paying for your form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies. Start preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. Remember, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!