- Team Edural
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) conducts a State engineering services examination every year to recruit engineering graduates for Assistant Engineer posts in various departments under the government of Madhya Pradesh. Learn details about MPPSC State Engineering Services Examination 2020 - Exam dates, Eligibility Criteria, Vacancy, Application, Admit Card, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Cut-off, Preparation tips and more in this article.
The MPPSC State Engineering Services exam 2020, which was scheduled to be conducted in June 2021, has been postponed until further notice due to the COVID-19 surge. Here are more details:
MPPSC SESE 2020 Important Dates
|Release of official notification||29 December 2020|
|Start date of registration||15 January 2021|
|Last date to apply||24 February 2021|
|Form Correction||20 January to 26 February 2021|
|Date of Prelims||14 November 2021|
|Result of Prelims||To be announced|
|Main exam date||To be announced|
|Result of Main exam||To be announced|
|Date of Interview||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final result||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for MPPSC SESE 2020
Minimum Educational Qualification required for MP State Engineering Examination is:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university. Students in their final year of undergraduate degree can also apply for State Engineering Examination on a provisional basis.
Note: Specific posts demand different specializations in Engineering.
The eligible age group is 21 - 40 years. The State offers relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for the residents of Madhya Pradesh.
MPPSC SESE 2020 Application fee
|SC/ST/OBC and Divyang of Madhya Pradesh||₹ 600|
How to Apply for MP State Engineering Service Exam 2021
- Visit the official website http://www.mppsc.nic.in/
- Click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Fill in your details on the application form and attach the required documents.
- Pay the examination fee.
- Upload your photograph and your signature.
- Finally, submit the completed application form.
- Print your application form for future reference.
MPPSC SESE 2020 Admit card
The admit card will be released on the official website of MPPSC after successful completion of the application process. It is an important document containing information about the applicant and should be carried to the examination venue.
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||30|
|Assistant Engineering and Electrical Inspector||2|
|Boiler Inspector Grade-1||3|
|Boiler Inspector Grade-2||1|
Reserve List for Assistant Engineer post
Through the MP State Engineering Services Examination, engineering graduates are appointed as Assistant Engineers. The recruitment process involved three steps:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview
According to the latest notification released by the MPPSC, there will be no mains examination.
MPPSC SES 2020 Examination Pattern
The questions will be objective type. The candidates will have to score a minimum of 40% in both sections to be eligible for the next round of selection, that is, a personal interview conducted by the Selection Board.
|Online Exam||Total Marks||Duration|
|Section A: General Knowledge related to Madhya Pradesh, India and World||150|
|Section B: Related Discipline (Engineering Stream)||300|
|Total Marks||450||3 Hours|
|Total Marks (Stage-1 + Stage-2)||500|
Marking Scheme: Each question carries three marks. Correct response fetches you +3 marks, and a wrong answer will bring you -1 marks.
Candidates who clear the preliminary tests will be called for a personal interview. The Interview carries 50 marks out of the total 500 marks. As many candidates as three times the vacancies available will be called for the Interview.
MPPSC SESE 2020 Syllabus
Section A: General Knowledge of Madhya Pradesh, National and International level
- History culture and literature of Madhya Pradesh
- Pivotal Historical events and Major dynasties of Madhya Pradesh.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in freedom movements.
- Art, Architecture and culture of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Tribes and Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
- Main festivals, folk music and folk art of Madhya Pradesh
- Important literary figures of MP and their literature.
- Influential personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
- Geography of the Madhya Pradesh
- Forest, Mountain and Rivers of Madhya Pradesh.
- The climate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Natural and mineral resources.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non- conventional.
- Central irrigation and Power projects.
- Politics and Economy of MP.
- The political system of Madhya Pradesh (Governor, Cabinet, Legislative Assembly).
- Panchayati Raj.
- The social system of Madhya Pradesh.
- Demography and census of the state.
- Economic developments.
- Primary industries.
- Agriculture and Agri based industries.
- Current events of International, National and MP.
- Important Contemporaneous events.
- Famous sports competitions, awards and sports institutions of the State and country.
- Welfare schemes of MP state.
- Famous personalities and Places.
- Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, computers, information and communication technology.
- Robotics, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity.
- Internet and Social networking site.
Section B: Related Discipline
Click here to view the Syllabus for Civil Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Electrical Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Power Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Production Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Metallurgical Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Automobile Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Click here to view the Syllabus for Computer Engineering.
MPPSC SESE 2020 Results
The results for the Online Examination will be released on the official website shortly after the exam has been conducted. The result will be released in the form of a selection list containing candidates who have qualified for the Interview round. The final results will be released after the interview process is over. The list will include the names of candidates who have been shortlisted for the position of Assistant Engineering.
MPPSC SESE 2020 Cut-Off
To qualify for the next round, candidates from the unreserved category must score at least 40% in the preliminary test. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are required to score at least 30%.
The cut-off for previous years examination is given here-
MPPSC AE Previous Year Cut-Off: 2016
- Carrying out all tasks given by the Senior Engineer.
- Work on Engineering Projects of the State.
- Assist with design, maintenance, and inspection of ongoing products.
The pay scale is ₹ 15600 - 39100 + 5400 GP.
MPPSC State Engineering Services Exam Analysis
The expected cut-off for this years MP State Engineering Services Examination is given below-
|Category||Cut off marks|
Candidates aiming for selection can use this scale as a reference.
The General Studies paper will mainly focus on Madhya Pradesh. Questions will be asked about the culture, history, geography, political history, economic condidtions of MP.
Preparation Tips for MPPSC SESE 2020
- Take up mock tests to assess your level of preparation. It gives you a chance to work on areas in which you are lagging and improve the efficiency of your practice. Solving online mock tests will also help with time management skills.
- Solve plenty of previous years papers to get an idea of the types of questions asked. Also, pay attention to negative marking.
- For general awareness, make a habit of reading newspapers every day. The Hindu and Indian Express are recommended. Make a note of important events as you go.
- Know your weak areas - take a few mock tests before starting your preparation. Analyse the results and note the areas in which you lag. You can pay special attention to these topics. Allot some specified time in your study plan to focus on them.
- Rely on your college materials for preparation. They will contain all the concepts demanded by the MP State Engineering Services examination Syllabus and will be familiar to you since you have already gone through them.
- For the Interview, Improve your speaking skills. Practice well structured and engaging answers to common questions about yourself like your motivation behind taking up the exam, your aim in life, etc.
|2017||paper1 , paper2||paper1 , paper2||paper1 , paper2|
|2016||paper1 , paper2||paper1 , paper2||paper1 , paper2|
|2014||click here||click here||click here|
Recommended Books for MPPSC SESE 2020
For Civil Engineering
|Name of Book||Author|
|Strength of Materials||B C Punmia|
|Structural Analysis||S Ramamurtham|
|Concrete Structures||Punamia & Jain|
|Steel Structures||S K Duggal|
|Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering||Gopal Ranjan & A S R Rao|
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||Modi & Seth|
|Irrigation||S K Garg|
|Highway Engineering||Khanna & Jasto|
For Mechanical Engineering
|Name of Book||Author|
|Engineering Thermodynamics||P K Nag|
|IC Engine||M L Mathur and R P Sharma|
|Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems||P R Khajuria & S P Dubey|
|Fluid Mechanics||Modi & Seth|
|Compressible Flow||S M Yahya|
|Heat and Mass Transfer||J P Holman|
|Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||C P Arora|
|Fluid Machinery||Jagdish Lal|
|Theory of Machines||V P Singh|
|Mechanical Vibration||G K Grover|
|Machine Design||J Keith Nisbeth & Richard G Budynas|
|Material Science||W D Callister|
|Operations Research||Kanti & Swarup|
|Strength of Materials||Gere & Timoshenko|
For Electrical Engineering
|Name of Book||Author|
|Network Analysis||M V Valkenburg|
|Engineering Electromagnetics||Willain H. Haytn|
|Electrical Machinery||P S Bhimra|
|Electrical Machines||Nagrath & Kothari|
|Power System Engg.||Nagrath & Kothari|
|Electric Power Systems||C L Wadhwa|
|Automatic Control System||Benjamin C. Kuo|
|Control System Engineering||Nagrath & Gopal|
|Electrical & Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation||A K Sawhney|
|Integrated Electronics||Milman & Halkias|
|Digital Logic & Computer Design||Morris Mano|
|Power Electronics||P S Bhimra|
Study Plan for MPPSC SESE 2020
Syllabus: Covering all the topics in the syllabus is very important. Don't limit yourself to only conventional sources. There is plenty of practice material available on the internet - mock tests, sample papers, e-books, video lectures, online study materials, topper notes, etc.
Making notes: make short notes as you proceed through the syllabus. These notes should be crisp and to the point. Include mindmaps and flowcharts wherever appropriate. Make notes for each chapter highlighting essential details and include a precise explanation of concepts.
Solve previous year papers- Try solving them by having yourself the time limit which you are getting in the examination. The main objective of doing this is that aspirants will identify their weak & strong areas.
We hope that the information given in this article provided a headstart to your preparation. Stay updated with any developments regarding the examination. Take special care of your health, especially during this unfortunate time. Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!