- Team Edural
The MAH CET is an annual entrance exam conducted by the Maharashtra government. It is duly conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education. Thousands dream of clearing the MAH CET MBA examination every year, but it’s only the best who prepare and show resilience to be worthy of the vacant positions.
Due to the pandemic, many of the previously scheduled dates stand altered, but here are the details you might need:
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Directorate of Technical Education|
|Selection Process||Computer-Based Test|
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Notification
As per the recent official notification released by the government of Maharashtra, the MAH CET online registration begins on 22 June 2021 and the last date for submitting your application is 17 July 2021. You can view it here.
MAH CET MBA Exam Dates 2021
You can find all the information regarding important dates here in the table below:
|MAH CET Notification Date||22 June 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||22 June 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||17 July 2021|
|Admit Card Release||To be notified|
|Test Date||To be notified|
|Final Result||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for MAH CET
- Educational Qualification:
You must have a graduate degree or its equivalent in any field of study from a government-recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks for general category, and 45% for PwD candidates and individuals belonging to other backward classes.
If you are awaiting your final year results, you can still apply, given you submit the proof of your exam as soon as they are released.
- Age Limit:
Age is no bar for candidates applying for the esteemed MAH CET exam. If you can prove your skills, you will be considered.
MAH CET MBA Exam Application Fee
|Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra, outside Maharashtra, or Jammu and Kashmir Migrants||INR 1000|
|SC, OBC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), SBC, SEBC, and PwD (Maharashtra)||INR 800|
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Application Form
It had been notified that the MAH CET online applications are available from the following dates:
22 June 2021 to 17 July 2021
You could apply for MAH CET 2021 here.
Steps to Apply for MAH CET 2021
If you are planning to sit for the MAH CET MBA Exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and register yourself with your personal and contact details.
- Fill out the MAH CET application form 2021.
- Upload the required scanned photographs and documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted form for future reference.
The admit cards for the MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Reservation List
|VJ/ DT NT-A||3|
To know more about reservation guidelines, visit the official site.
MAH CET MBA Exam Selection Process
The MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- Computer-Based Test
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern for the MAH CET 2021 exam is:
|Topic||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||50||50|
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Syllabus
The MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 syllabus looks something like this:
|Logical and Abstract Reasoning||Coding and Decoding, Blood Relation, Input and Output, Figure-Based Statement, Set Theory, Series Completion, Puzzles including linear and series arrangement, Statements and Arguments, Analogy, Fact-Inference, Syllogism, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagram, Sequential Output|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, discount, Mixtures and Allegations, Simple and Compound Interest, Speed, Time, Distance, Work, Number System, Permutation and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Charts, Graphs, Tables, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Inequality|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Grammar, Vocabulary, Cloze Test, Para Jumbles Error Correction, Sentence completion, Synonyms and antonyms, Comprehension of passages|
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Result
The results for the MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Cut-offs
It's important to note that different institutes accepting MAH CET has varied cut offs. It's advisable to check out the official website of the university of your choice to know more about the specific cut offs.
As per previous years' trends, the cut offs for a few top universities look like this:
|Institute||Cutoff Percentile 2020|
|University of Pune DMS, Pune||93.739|
|N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||95.93|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||93.205|
|MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai||91.213|
|Prince L.N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||97.143|
|S.I.E.S College of Management Studies, Mumbai||95.611|
The official cut off list for 2021 is yet to be released.
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the MAH CET MBA Exam papers:
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Here are a few pointers you should keep in mind:
- For the Logical Reasoning section, answering 42 to 45 questions out of 75 total questions is considered exemplary.
- As for the Abstract Reasoning section, answering 18 to 20 questions out of a total of 25 questions is considered a great achievement.
- In the Quantitative Aptitude section, you should try to answer at least 36 to 38 questions out of a possible 50.
- Lastly, for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section, answering 37 to 38 questions out of a total of 50 questions is considered commendable.
- There will be 5 choices per question, and 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for this exam.
- The total time duration is 120 minutes.
Here is a detailed idea of the difficulty level of each section in the MAH CET 2021;
|Logical Reasoning||Moderate to Difficult|
|Abstract Reasoning||Easy to Moderate|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Easy to Moderate|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Easy to Moderate|
Be thorough with each of these topics, and keep track of time.
The MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs, you are good to go!
MAH CET MBA Exam Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the MAH CET MBA Exam 2021:
- Every topic is equally important in the MAH CET MBA Exam, so never skip any topic.
- Study the economic trends, history, geography, and polity from India as well as an international perspective.
- Practice last years question papers from the official website.
- Read State-specific newspapers.
MAH CET MBA Exam Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for MAH CET:
For more previous years question papers, visit the official website.
MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 Books
|Name of Books||Author/Publication|
|Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams||R.S. Agarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal||Arihant|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Sarvesh. K.Sharma|
|MBA Mock Papers||R.K. Jha|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|MAH CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide||Disha Publications|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Maharashtra MBA CET||Arihant Publications|
|General Awareness for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
MAH CET MBA Exam Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Your mind should be fresh while sitting down to study. There should be as few distractions as possible.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centers around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keeping track of the MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 details will help you inch closer to your dream employment. Make sure you note down your application number and pay the application fee in time.
Arrange for proper internet connectivity and a working mobile/PC to successfully register yourself and submit your online application form. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the MAH CET MBA Exam 2021 exam with flying colours!