- Team Edural
To know about the exam date, exam pattern, syllabus, vacancies and other crucial details, check out the article further.
BPSSC will conduct the Bihar Police SI examination 2021 on **** 05 December 2021 for a total of 1998 SI & 215 Sergeant post. Candidates must practice their study plans to ensure that they are ready for the exam. Aspirants can also seek the help of experts via Bihar Police SI Online Coaching 2021. The Bihar SI admit card 2021 shall be available 10-12 days before the examination date on their official website.
|Name of examination||Bihar Police SI (Sub Inspector)|
|Name of commission||Bihar Police Subordinate Selection Commission (BPSSC)|
|Name of department||Bihar Police Department|
|Notification release date||14 August 2020|
|Application Form starting date||16 August 2020|
|Application Form last date||24 September 2020|
|Last Date to pay the fee||24 September 2020|
|Admit Card download date||10-15 days before the examination date|
|Prelims Exam Date 2021||05 December 2021|
|Prelims Result 2021||To be announced|
|Mains Exam Date 2021||To be announced|
The candidate interested in the SI post in Bihar Police must have completed the bachelor’s degree or another equivalent status as recognized by the State Government.
|Category||Maximum (Male)||Minimum||Maximum (Female)|
|OBC||40 years||20 years||40 years|
|General||37 years||20 years||40 years|
|SC & ST||42 years||20 years||42 years|
Age Relaxation- The relaxation in upper age for ST/SC/OBC is as per government norms.
|Category||Age Relaxation (in years)|
To become a Sub-inspector (Bihar Police), candidates must adhere to the below mentioned physical eligibility.
|Male (General, Backward & Extremely Backward categories)||81 cm – 86 cm||165 Cm||N/A|
|Male (ST/ SC)||79 cm – 84 cm||160 Cm||N/A|
Physical Efficiency Test:
|One Kilometer||Within 6 Minute||N/A|
|One Mile Run||N/A||Within 6 Minute & 30 Seconds|
|High Jump||Minimum 3 Feet||Minimum 4 Feet|
|Shot Put Throw||Minimum 10 Feet (Ball of 12 Pounds)||Minimum 16 Feet (Ball of 16 Pounds)|
|Long Jump||Minimum 9 Feet||Minimum 12 Feet|
|General/ EBC/ BC/ EWS||INR 700/-|
|ST/ SC/ PH||INR 400/-|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit the BPSSC official website.
- Click on the "Bihar Police SI Vacancy Apply Online".
- When you click on "Apply Online", you will be redirected to a new webpage.
- Next, click on the "New Registration" button.
- In the next window, fill in your contact no., Email Address, Choose any Security Question & choose any answer (If you forgot your credential, the security question would help you log in again on the page). Please select a password & enter a security code with confirming terms & conditions & submit them.
- After submitting the details, you will get an account activation OTP to the registered mobile number & the account activation link to the registered email id.
- Click that activation link & enter the OTP sent to your mobile. Your account will be activated after clicking on the activation link given in the email id.
- Then, you fill in all details like personal information, address, academic qualification, etc.
- After this, pay your application fee.
- After submitting the application fee, you need to upload the other required documents, such as a scanned copy of the passport size photo & a signature.
- Carefully verify the all details once again & click over the submit button & download a soft copy of your application form for future references.
Bihar Police SI 2021 admit card shall be released by Bihar Police Subordinate Selection Commission (BPSSC) on their official website. The Bihar SI hall ticket shall be released 7-10 days prior to the examination date.
Follow the steps mentioned below to fetch your Admit cards.
- Visit the official website of BPSSC.
- Now, click over the login link to download your admit card.
- Enter your login ID & Password.
- Then, sign in to your account.
- The screen will display a hall ticket containing Bihar Police SI exam details & instructions on the screen.
- Take a Print out of the Bihar Police SI admit card & also keep the soft copy for future references.
VACANCY & RESERVE LIST:
|Category||Bihar Police Sergeant||Bihar Police SI|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||124||333|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||06||17|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||147||387|
|Backward Class (BC)||94||280|
|Economically weaker section (EWS)||59||199|
|Backwards Class for Women||-||58|
The Bihar Police SI recruitment selection process consists of four stages which are as follows:
- Stage I: Preliminary Examination
- Stage II: Mains Examination
- Stage III: Physical Efficiency Test
- Stage IV: Physical Fitness Test
The ultimate selection of the candidates will be made based on the successful candidates of each stage. It is essential to understand the Bihar Police SI examination's latest paper pattern & a clear understanding of the selection process.
Prelims Exam Pattern:
Bihar Police SI prelims examination consist of two subjects current events & general knowledge. Bihar Police SI preliminary examination pattern is shown below.
|Subject||Total Marks||Total Questions||Duration|
|General Knowledge||200||100||120 minutes|
- Bihar Police SI prelims examination is qualifying in nature.
- It consists of MCQs (multiple-choice questions).
- To be eligible for SI mains, you need to score a minimum of 30% marks; otherwise, you might get disqualified.
Mains Exam Pattern:
Bihar Police SI mains examination consists of two papers, general Hindi & general studies. Bihar Police SI Mains examination pattern is shown below.
|Subject||Total Marks||Total Questions||Duration|
|Paper-I General Hindi||200||100||120 minutes|
|Paper-II General Science, General Studies, Mathematics, Civics, Geography of India, Indian History & Mental Ability Test||200||100||120 minutes|
Physical Efficiency Test:
Physical Efficiency is the third stage in the recruitment of Bihar Police SI. It consists of several physical challenges that the candidates must pass through to be eligible for ultimate selection through the medical examination round. Below are the details about the physical efficiency test.
|Shot Put||12 Pounds for 10 feet||16 pounds for 16 Feet|
|Run||1 km in 6 minutes||1 Mile in 6 minutes 30 Seconds|
|High Jump||3 feet||4 feet|
|Long Jump||9 feet||12 feet|
Physical Fitness Test/Medical Test:
After the physical fitness test, they are eligible for the medical test round if they clear the PET. Below are the details about the medical/ physical fitness test rounds. Typically, it consists of:
- Visibility Measurement
- Weight Measurement
- Blood tests.
|General Knowledge & Current Events||Sports: Winners/ championships/ Terms / No. of Players. Current Events. Defence, Wars, & Neighbours. Important National Facts about India (Eminent Personalities, Monuments, Common Names, Full forms & Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases & Nutrition, Award & Authors, etc.). Heritage & Arts etc. Culture & Religion.|
|General Hindi||Fill in the blanks, Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence correction, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Error, Cloze Test etc.|
|General Studies||Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events (such as national & International events, banking, sports, etc.), Economy.|
|General Science||Chemistry, Physics, Biology.|
|Civics, Indian History, Geography of India||Environment, Geography, Indian Agriculture & Natural Resources, Culture, Indian History, Economic aspects, Indian Constitution & Polity, Panchayati Raj, Freedom Movement, Community development & five-year Plans.|
|Mathematics||Simplification, Average, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Area, Investment, Problem On Ages, HCF & LCM, Bar Graph, Data Interpretation etc., Pictorial Graph & Pie Chart.|
|Mental Ability Test||Problem-solving, Analogies, Similarities and differences, Decision making, Discriminating observation, Relationship concepts, space visualization, Visual memory, Analysis, judgment, Arithmetical number series, Verbal & figure classification, Non-verbal series etc.|
The Bihar Police SI results for 2021 shall be released after completing the examination. To check your result, you must log in with your valid credentials (Email ID/ Registration No) to access it.
|Wards of Freedom Fighters||132.2||129.6|
Bihar Police SI Exam Analysis 2019:
- The level of the Bihar Police SI examination was Moderate to difficult.
- The majority of questions were asked from the Current Affairs section.
- Some of the questions were tricky and of high level.
- Questions from History & Polity required in-depth knowledge
- 8-10 questions were asked from science.
- 4-5 questions were asked from mathematics.
- 10-12 questions were asked from History.
- 10-12 questions were asked from Polity.
- 12-15 questions were asked from Geography were asked.
- 28-30 questions were asked from Current Affairs.
|Bihar Police SI||Salary|
|Revised Basic Pay||INR 35,400|
|New Rank as Per Pay Matrix||Level 6|
|Dearness Allowance||INR 4,248|
|City Transport Aid||INR 600 – INR 1,500|
|HRA (If Applicable)||INR 2,124 /2,832 /5,664|
|Medical Assistance||INR 1,000|
|Uniform Allowance||INR 900|
|Ration Money Allowances||INR 3,000|
|Uniform Allowance||INR 900|
|Monthly Salary in Rs||INR 49,772 – INR 54,212|
- They direct the Constables & deal with the Police Station.
- They need to take the duties of all the wrongdoing inside the jurisdiction by documenting & examining the case.
- They are liable for enlisting FIR against a person.
- They can scatter the power to keep up harmony in the state.
- They are liable for keeping up a decent connection with the residents of his Police Station Jurisdiction.
- They are responsible for Customary Patrolling to ensure that no wrongdoing is tendered.
- They have the option to examine all the cases commissioned by the parliament/laws of the state under the Indian Penal Code.
- Revise through your notes which you have previously made at the time of your preparation. Do know to go for in-between revising. This will occupy more time & patience.
- Although the end weeks can be the chaotic ones, a calm & planned approach is all that is needed.
- In the last few days, engage in more mock tests as much as possible. This will increase your confidence & give you a look at your weaknesses.
- It would be best if you devised a study routine for yourself before starting your preparations.
- Allot at least seven hours of your day to the syllabus & utilize the rest in solving the previous year question papers & mock tests.
- The most helpful way of studying 8-10 hours without wrenching yourself is by giving yourself hourly gaps for non-academic activities. So, you will have to sit for two hours four times a day, that is it!
- Eating healthy & getting an adequate amount of sleep should never be compromised. A fresh & healthy mind is a prerequisite for a great start!
|Practice Paper & Solved Previous Year Question Papers (30 Practice Sets Bihar Police Sub Inspector)||Arihant Publications|
|Kiran’s BPSSC Excise Sub Inspector Practice Workbook & Current Affairs English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Bihar General Knowledge||Crown Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|General Knowledge 2021||Manohar Pandey|
|Samanya Hindi||Onkaar Nath Verma|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Encyclopedia of General Science for General Competitions||Arihant Publications|
- Analyze the syllabus thoroughly: There are many situations where students do not follow the syllabus strictly & waste a lot of their time studying something not included in the designated syllabus. Covering your entire syllabus will not only help you in saving your time but will also prepare you for the worst. So, sit down & 'study' your syllabus & mark all the important topics & chapters in your study materials.
- Do not underestimate the Hindi paper: Candidates appearing for the exam have a divided approach to the Hindi paper. One section of candidates believes that the paper is significantly less scoring & therefore, it is not especially useful to put so much effort & time. The other section of candidates believes that it is too easy to give a lot of time to it. In both cases, the lack of time allotted to this paper can hamper your overall score in the Main Exam. The level of General Hindi shall be based on your last educational qualification & will carry 200 marks. Keep these things in remembrance & do not save items for the last moment.
- Reading newspapers daily: Current events constitute a significant section in the BPSSC PI recruitment examination syllabus. What you must do is keep yourself updated about the happenings around the world & the country daily. Read newspapers daily, cover all critical sections- from important local, national, to international news.
- Tackle mathematics syllabus carefully: Mathematics is one of the several scoring aspects of this examination. The syllabus for mathematics is not very lengthy &, therefore, can be practised daily. Solving examples & exercises from the best books can help you score a lot.
- Power of previous year's question paper: Working out Bihar Police SI previous question papers can upgrade your overall performance to a higher level. Many keep last year's question papers for later, but this approach is entirely wrong. As you complete your syllabus, you should simultaneously solve the previous year's question papers. Solving these will give you a rough idea about the exam pattern & the study areas that are usually focused on. Time management is also exercised when you make it a habit of solving previous question papers.
- Take as many mock tests as possible: Mock tests are another great way of ensuring time management & getting a good hang of the exam syllabus & pattern.
- Give enough emphasis to physical activities & health: Since the ultimate recruitment is also based on a physical test, you should not stress & place yourself in a vulnerable situation, making you unwell. Eat healthily, seek out time for physical activities & practice long jumps, high jumps, shot put throw, 1-mile run & 1 kilometre.
We hope we could provide the best of every information regarding the BIHAR POLICE SI RECRUITMENT 2021 Examination. Do not let anything distract you know, be determined and smart!