- Team Edural
JPSC conducts the Combined State Civil Services Examination to fill various posts in the state administrative department. JPSC has released the official notification for Combined State Civil Services examination 2021 and has listed the vacancies of the following posts-
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy S.P
- District Coordinator
- Jail Superintendent
- Assistant Municipal Commissioner
- Jharkhand Education Service II
- Junior Registrar
- Assistant Registrar
- Assistant Director
- Planning Officer
- Probation Officer
You can view the official notification here.
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Important dates
|Jharkhand PSC 2021 Notification Release Date||08 Feb 2021|
|JPSC Online Application Start Date 2021||15 Feb 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online for JPSC||21 Mar 2021|
|Last Date to pay Examination Fees||22 Mar 2021|
|JPSC Admit Card release||15 days before exam|
|JPSC Prelims Exam Date 2021||02 May 2021 (postponed)|
|JPSC Mains Exam Date||Sept 2021 (tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for JPSC CSC Examination-2021
Indian Nationals residing in Jharkhand are eligible to apply.
The minimum educational qualification required for the JPSC CSC exam is Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognised university.
Candidates in their final year of degree are also welcome to apply for the exam. Their eligibility is provisional till they clear the qualifying examination.
Age (as on 01.03.2021)
Lower age limit: 21 years
Upper age limit: 35 years
The state offers upper age limit relaxations to reserved categories
Upper age relaxation
|Extremely Backward Classes/Backwards Classes||upto 2 years|
|Female of Unreserved/Extremely Backward Classes/Backwards Classes||upto 3 years|
|Candidate who has 3 years of regular service under Jharkhand Govt.||5 years|
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Application fee
|All unreserved/ EWS/ BC-I / BC-II Candidates||₹ 600|
|Jharkhand SC / ST candidates||₹ 150|
Mode of payment: credit card/ debit card/ internet banking/ challan in SBI Collect.
Any additional bank charges should be borne by the applicant.
How to Apply for JPSC CSC Examination-2021
- Visit the official website
- Click on the "Online Application" link on the homepage.
- Fill in your details on the application form and attach the required documents.
- Pay the examination fee through any one of the payment methods.
- Upload your photograph and your signature.
- Finally, submit the completed application form.
- Print your application form for future reference.
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Admit Card
The JPSC CSC Examination 2021 was initially scheduled to be conducted on 02 May 2021, but due to increasing COVID-19 cases in the state, it has been postponed until further notice.
The admit card for JPSC 2021 will be released 15 days before the exam date. Applicants can download their admit cards from the official website. You can find the link to download the admit card on the homepage.
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Vacancy
|Assistant Municipal Commissioner||65|
|Jharkhand Education Service II||41|
Category wise distribution of posts is given in the notification.
JPSC CSC Selection Process
There are three stages of selection -
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview.
The JPAC CSC Examination is the preliminary test that is open for all graduates desiring a position in the state administrative service wing. The preliminary exam consists of two papers - General Studies-I and General Studies-II for 400 marks.
Candidates who qualify the preliminary examination have to apply for the JPSC CSC Mains examination for their respective posts. The mains exam has six descriptive papers for a total of 1050 marks.
Candidates who pass the JPSC Mains examination are called for an interview by the Commission. The interview carries 100 marks.
The final selection is made out of 1150 marks - Mains plus Interview.
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Total Marks||Duration||Type of questions|
|General Studies-I||100||200||2 hours||Objective|
|General Studies-II||100||200||2 hours||Objective|
There will be no negative marking.
|Paper||Subject||Max Marks||Duration||Type of questions|
|Paper-I||General Hindi and English||100||3 hours||Subjective|
|Paper-II||Language and Literature||150||3 hours||Subjective|
|Paper-III||Social Sciences, History and Geography||200||3 hours||Subjective|
|Paper-IV||Indian Polity and Administration||200||3 hours||Subjective|
|Paper-VI||General Sciences, Technology Development, and Environment||200||3 hours||Subjective|
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Syllabus
General Studies Paper-I
It includes the following subjects:
A) HISTORY OF INDIA - 15 Questions
- Ancient India (5 questions)
- Medieval India (5 questions)
- Modern India (5 questions)
B) GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA - 10 Questions
- General Geography (3 questions)
- Physical Geography (3 questions)
- Economic Geography (2 questions)
- Social & Demographic Geography(2 questions)
C) INDIAN POLITY AND GOVERNANCE - 10 Questions
- Constitution of India (4 questions)
- Public Administration and Good Governance (4 questions)
- Decentralisation: Panchayats & Municipalities (2 questions)
D) ECONOMIC AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT - 10 Question
- Basic features of Indian Economy (4 questions)
- Sustainable Development and Economic issues (4 questions)
- Economic Reforms and Globalisation(2 questions)
E) SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - 15 Questions
- General Science (6 questions)
- Agriculture & Technology Development (6 questions)
- Information & Communication Technology (3 questions)
F) JHARKHAND SPECIFIC QUESTIONS - 10 Questions
- General Awareness of its History, Society, Culture and Heritage
G) NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CURRENT EVENTS - 15 Questions
H) GENERAL QUESTIONS OF MISCELLANEOUS NATURE - 15 Questions
- Human Rights
- Environmental Protection, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- Disaster Management
- Poverty and Unemployment
- United Nations and other International Agencies
General Studies Paper-II (Jharkhand specific)
It includes the following subjects:
A) झारखण्ड का इतिहास (History of Jharkhand) (8 questions)
- मुण्डा शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- नागवाशी शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- पड़हा पंचायत शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- मांझी परगना शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- मुण्डा मानकी शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- ढ़ोकलो सोहोर शाशन व्यवस्था - 1 question
- जातीय पंचायत शाशन व्यवस्था - 2 questions
B) झारखण्ड आन्दोलन (Jharkhand movement) (7 questions)
- झारखण्ड के सदान - 1 question
- झारखण्ड के आदिवासी - 1 question
- झारखण्ड के स्वतंत्रता सेनानी - 1 question
- झारखण्ड के विभूति - 2 questions
- झारखण्ड आन्दोलन एवं राज्य गठन - 2 questions
C) झारखण्ड की विशिष्ट पहचान (The specific identity of Jharkhand) (5 questions)
- झारखण्ड की सामाजिक स्थिति - 1 question
- झारखण्ड की सांस्कृतिक स्थिति - 1 question
- झारखण्ड की राजनीतिक स्थिति - 1 question
- झारखण्ड की आर्थिक स्थिति - 1 question
- झारखण्ड की धार्मिक विशेषताएँ एवं पहचान - 1 question
D) झारखण्ड का लोक साहित्य, नृत्य, संगीत, वाद्य, दर्शनीय स्थाम एवं आदिवासी संस्कृति (Jharkhand: Literature and Literary people) (5 questions)
- लोक साहित्य - 1 question
- पारम्परिक कमा एवं लोक नृत्य - 1 question
- लोक संगीत एवं वाद्य - 1 question
- दर्शनीय स्थल-प्रकृतिक, पुरातात्विक, ऐतिहासिक धार्मिक एवं आधुनिक स्थल - 1 question
- आदिवासी-जाती-प्रजाति एवं विशेषताएँ - 1 question
E) झारखण्ड साहित्य और साहित्यकार (5 questions)
F) झारखण्ड के प्रमुख शिक्षण संस्थान (Jharkhand: major educational institutions) (3 questions) प्र
- मुख शिक्षण संस्थान
G) झारखण्ड के खेल-कूद (Jharkhand Sports) (5 questions)
H) झारखण्ड के भूमि सम्बन्धी कानून/अधिनियम (Jharkhand: Land related Laws/Acts) (12 questions)
- छोटानागपुर काश्तकारी अधिनियम - 5 questions
- संताल परगना काश्तकारी अधिनियम - 5 questions
- अन्य राज्य परक अधिनियम - 2 questions
I) १९४७ से राज्य में आर्थिक विकास का इतिहास झारखण्ड का भूगोल - जंगल, नदी,पहाड़-पर्वत, खान-खनिज आदि (10 questions)
J) झारखण्ड की औद्योगिक नीति, विस्थ्यापन और पुनर्वास नीति एवं अन्य नितियाँ - 6 questions
K) झारखण्ड की प्रमुख उद्योग का नाम और स्थान तथा औद्योगिक विकास - 5 questions
L) झारखण्ड की प्रमुख योजनाएँ एवं उपयोजनाएँ - 5 questions
M) झारखण्ड में जंगल प्रबंध एवं वन्य जीव जंतु संरक्षण कार्य - 5 questions
N) झारखण्ड राज्य के पर्यावरण सम्बन्धी तथ्य, हो रहे पर्यावरण परिवर्तन एवं उसके उपशमन एवं अनुकूलन सम्भन्धी विषय - 7 questions
O) झारखण्ड में आपदा प्रबंध - 5 questions
P) झारखण्ड से सम्बंधित विविध तथ्यों एवं समसामयिक घटनाएं - 7 questions
Paper 1 - General Hindi and General English
Paper 2 - Language and Literature
- Santhali Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
Paper 3 - Social Sciences, History and Geography
- Ancient period
- Jharkhand history
- Medieval Period
- Modern Period
- Physical and Human Geography of India
- Natural Resources of India
- Jharkhand Geography and utilisation of its resources
- Industrial and Urban Development
- The style of Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
Paper 4 - Indian Polity and Administration
Indian Constitution and Polity -
- Main features of the Indian constitution
- Basis Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Government of the state
- Centre-state relations
- Provisions regarding administration of SC/ST Areas. Etc.
Public Administration and Good Governance
- Public Administration
- Public and private administration
- Union Administration
- State Administration
- District Administration
- Personnel Administration
Paper 5 - Economics
Basic features of the Indian Economy
- National Income
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and Rural economy
- Industrial economy
- Public finance
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- Indian monetary and its structure
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
Sustainable Development, Indian Development Strategy, and Economic Issues
- Economic development, its meaning and measurement
- Importance of Foreign capital, role of technology in the growth of Indian economy
- Sustainable development
- Development status, problems related to socially and economically marginalised sections
- Poverty and Unemployment
- Food and nutritional security
- Economic Reforms
Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- New economic reforms
- Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
- Globalisation of Indian Economy
- Agriculture sector
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India
The economy of Jharkhand – its features, problems, challenges, and key strategies
- Economic growth and structure of Jharkhand.
- Demographic features of Jharkhand
- Poverty, unemployment, food security, malnutrition and other issues in Jharkhand.
- Land, forest and environmental problems in Jharkhand
Paper 6 - General Sciences, Technology Development, and Environment
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Technology Development
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Result
Minimum marks required in prelims and Mains examination for selection is 40%. Students scoring a minimum of 40% in the preliminary examination will be qualified for the Mains examination.
JPSC announces the results after each stage of the selection process on the official website. It will be in the form of a list of qualifying candidates for the next round of selection.
JPSC CSC Examination-2021 Cut-off
In the Preliminary examination, both the papers will be considered to draw the merit list for the mains examination. The candidate's score in the preliminary examination is qualifying in nature and will not be considered in the final cut-off. The JPSC releases the cut-off only after the results are announced.
The state government appoints civil Servants to oversee various functions. The duties and responsibilities include
- Managing accounts
- Proper documentation and Maintainance of records.
- Collaborating with professionals for the development of infrastructure.
- Attending to issues raised by people.
- Conducting regular checks to make sure things are running smoothly.
- Implementation of new systems, protocols and policies.
|Jharkhand Administrative Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 5400 GP|
|Jharkhand Education Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 5400 GP|
|Jharkhand Finance Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 5400 GP|
|Jharkhand Cooperative Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 5400 GP|
|Jharkhand Information Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 4800 GP|
|Jharkhand Social Security Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 4800 GP|
|Jharkhand Planning Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 4800 GP|
|Jharkhand Police Service||₹ 9300 - 34800 + 5400 GP|
Preparation Tips for JPSC Exam (Prelims) 2021
- Previous years question papers - links to last year's JPSC State Service Examination (Prelims and mains) are given further below in the article. Solve these papers to get an idea of the pattern and type of questions.
- For general awareness, make a habit of reading newspapers every day. The Hindu and Indian Express are recommended. Make a note of important events as you go.
- For social sciences, refer to NCERT textbooks as the topics are given in concise points. Some recommended books are listed below in this article. You can refer to these books for your preparation.
- Essay Writing - Before tackling an article, note the points you want to include in your report. Practise writing essays as you have to complete the rest of the questions in the stipulated time.
- Take up mock tests to assess your level of preparation. It gives you a chance to work on areas in which you are lagging and improve the efficiency of your practice. Solving online mock tests will also help with time management skills.
- For the Interview, Improve your speaking skills. Practice well structured and engaging answers to common questions about yourself like your motivation behind taking up the exam, your aim in life, etc.
click here to view JPSC CSC (prelims)-2016 General Studies-I paper
click here to view JPSC CSC (prelims)-2016 General Studies-II paper
click here to view JPSC CSC (prelims)-2014 General Studies-I paper
click here to view JPSC CSC (prelims)-2014 General Studies-II paper
Recommended Books for JPSC CSC Examination(Prelims)-2021
|Politics||NCERT textbooks, Indian Polity by M. Laxmikant|
|History||NCERT textbooks and Lucent|
|Geography||NCERT textbooks and Lucent|
|Economics||NCERT textbooks, Indian Economy by Sanjiv Verma|
|Science and Environment||NCERT textbooks classes 6 - 10|
|Current Affairs||GKTODAY, Pratiyogita Darpan|
Study Plan for JPSC Exam (Prelims) 2021
Syllabus: Covering all the topics in the syllabus is very important. The list is your guide. Keep the list of topics always with you and cross off the items on the list as you proceed.
Making notes: make notes as you proceed through the list. These notes should be crisp and to the point. Include mindmaps and flowcharts wherever appropriate. These notes will be invaluable during revision.
Practice: Questions on general English, history, geography, politics etc., are usually repetitive. Solve old question papers and get plenty of courses with such questions.
Revision: dedicate the last five days before the exam to go through your notes and practise more questions.
The finalised dates will be announced soon. Hang tight! Meanwhile, during this time of uncertainty, make the best use of your time to revise the concepts and attempt mock tests. Use the extra time to revisit difficult topics. Stay focused and always prepared to be ready, even if the exam dates are announced tomorrow.