- Team Edural
The Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) released the schedule for its customary recruitment process in January 2021. The notification included the tentative examination dates for various posts, including Junior Engineer. Further, Advertisement No. 05 of 2020 and 07 of 2020 mention the vacancy for the posts of Junior Engineer in different departments. Here are the details:
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 - At a glance
|Exam name||JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam|
|Conducting body||Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board|
|Vacancy||Junior Engineer: 02, Junior Engineer (Civil): 144, Junior Engineer (Mechanical): 30|
|Date of Examination||25 September 2021 onwards|
Link to the Official Notification
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Important dates
|JKSSB JE Notification Date||24 December 2020|
|Online Application Start Date||31 December 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||28 February 2021|
|Junior Engineer Admit Card||to be notified|
|JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam Date||25 September onwards|
|Answer Key Date||to be notified|
|Results||to be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021
You must be a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir to be eligible for Junior Engineer posts.
The applicant should have a Graduate degree in Engineering (BE/B. Tech) in a respective discipline or equivalent in any stream or subject from government recognized institute/college with a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination.
|Government Service/Contractual Employment||40|
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Application fee
|All applicants||₹ 350|
How to Apply for JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021
- Go to the Official Website and click on the Career/Recruitment Page.
- Click on "Apply Now" in the what's new section.
- Duly fill out the application form by providing sufficient information.
- Upload requested photographs, scanned documents, and signatures as asked.
- Read through your filled application form carefully and click on the Submit option.
- Pay the application fee and keep a copy of the receipt for future reference.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards for the JKSSB JE exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to access your admit cards.
|Junior Engineer||Skill development||02|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Public Works (R&B) department||144|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Public Works (R&B) department||30|
|Category||Junior Engineer||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
The selection process involves the following stages.
- Written Examination
- Document verification
- Final appointment subject to reservations
Depending upon the marks obtained by candidates in the written examination, a list of candidates eligible for document verification will be released on the commission website. Candidates who make it to the merit list will be called for document verification by the commission, and the final appointment is made subject to reservations by counselling. Hence the only determining factor for the final selection is merit obtained in Written Examination.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Pattern
|Technical||120||120||2 hours||Objective Type Questions|
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Syllabus
Junior Engineer (Civil)
Unit 1: Surveying | 10 Marks
- Importance of surveying.
- Principles and classification of surveying.
- Measurements of distance and directions
- Chain surveying
- Compass surveying
- Levelling, tachometry, theodolite, traversing, contouring and plane table surveying
Unit 2: Mechanics and Structural analysis | 15 Marks
- Concept of rigid body scalar and vector quantities,
- Laws of force, moment, friction, Centre of gravity
- Properties of material- Torsion, Bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams.
- Simple stress and strain relationship.
- Stress and strain in two dimensions, principal stresses, stress transformation.
- Simple bending theory, flexural and shear stresses, unsymmetrical bending, shear Centre.
- Thin-walled pressure vessels, uniform torsion, buckling of column, combined and direct bending stresses.
- Slope and deflection
- Analysis of trusses
Unit 3: RCC Structures | 15 Marks
- Concrete technology
- Ingredients of concrete, water-cement ratio, workability properties of concrete
- Admixtures and special concrete
- Nondestructive tests
- Basics of mixed design
- Concrete design-basic working stress and limit state design concepts, analysis of ultimate load capacity and design of members subjected to flexure, shear, compression and torsion by limit state methods.
- Essential elements of prestressed concrete
- Analysis of beam sections at transfer and service loads, one-way slab, two-way slab.
Unit 4: Soil Mechanics | 10 Marks
- Origin of soils, properties, soil classification, three-phase system
- Fundamental definitions, relationship and interrelationship
- The flow of water through soils, permeability & seepage
- Effective stress principle
- Deformation of soils, consolidation, compaction
- Shear strength characteristics, plate load test, SPT, Density control
- Measurement of field density by core cutter and sand replacement method
- Soil exploration, bearing capacity and its methods
Unit 5: Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics | 15 Marks
- Properties of fluids, hydrostatic pressure, measurement of pressure, flow measurements
- Flow-through pipes flow through open channels
- Hydraulic pumps
- Principle of conservation of mass, momentum, energy and corresponding equations
- Potential flow
- Applications of momentum and Bernoulli’s equation
- Laminar and Turbulent flow, flow in pipes, pipe networks
- Concept of boundary layer and its growth.
- Uniform flow, critical flow and gradually varied flow in channels, specific energy concept, hydraulic jump
- Forces on immersed bodies, flow measurements in channels, tanks and pipes.
- Dimensional analysis and hydraulic modelling Kinematics of flow.
Unit 6: Irrigation Engineering | 10 Marks
- Water requirement of crops
- Hydrological cycle
- Dams, Canals, dams, canal headworks and regulatory works, cross drainage works
- Hydraulic structures, river training works
- Water-logging, drainage, groundwater recharge, well hydraulics.
Unit 7: Water Supply and wastewater engineering | 10 Marks
- Quantity of water, quality of water
- Water treatment
- Conveyance of water
- Laying out of pipes, building water supply, water supply fixtures and installation, plumbing, sewage treatment, building drainage
- Sewerage system, laying and construction of sewers, sewage characteristics
- Methods of disposal
- Air and Noise pollution
Unit 8: Highway Engineering | 10 Marks
- History of the development of highway and planning
- Definitions of various terms used in highway engineering.
- Methods of road construction
- IRC classification, Highway surveys and plans Geometric design
- Different types of road materials in use
- Binders, Types of pavement, CBR method, sub grade preparation, WBM, WMM, Bituminous Macadam, dense bituminous macadam
- Special problems in hill road.
Unit 9: Railway Engineering | 10 Marks
- History of Indian railways
- Gauges used, the permanent way its components
- Types of rails, creep, welding, Rail fixtures and fastenings
- Signalling, Points and Crossings, Bridge terminology, classification, components, foundations.
Unit 10: Construction planning and management | 15 Marks
- Network diagrams
- cost optimization contracts, tenders, depreciation, valuation
- organization, measurement books, cash book
- functions of management
- construction planning, quality control, inventory control
- Estimation and costing definitions
- methods of estimation and type of estimates
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
Unit 1: Theory of machines and machine design | 15 Marks
- Four bar linkage and link motion
- Flywheels and fluctuation of energy
- Power transmission by belts-V-belts and Flat belts.
- Gears-Type of gears, gear profile and gear ratio calculation.
- Cams. Governors-Principles and classification.
- Design of keys, shafts, Riveted joints, couplings.
Unit 2: Engineering mechanics and strength of materials | 15 Marks
- Laws of forces, Equilibrium of Forces, Moment of Inertia, Laws of Motion, Friction.
- Concept of simple machines, M A, V R, percentage.
- Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit and elastic constants.
- Bending moments and shear force diagram.
- Stress in composite bars.
- Torsion in circular shafts.
- Columns: Euler’s and Rankine’s theories.
- Thin-walled pressure vessels.
Unit 3: Thermal engineering and refrigeration and air conditioning | 20 Marks
- Thermodynamics: Heat, work and temperature, First and second laws of thermodynamics.
- Carnot, Rankine, Otto and Diesel Cycles.
- P-v & P-T diagrams
- Saturated, wet & superheated steam.
- Definition of dryness fraction of steam, degree of superheat of steam.
- Rankine cycle of steam: Simple Rankine cycle, plot on P-V, T-S, h-s planes, Rankine cycle efficiency with & without pump work.
- Concept of COP, Carnot Cycle, Vapour compression cycle.
- Psychometry, DBT, WBT, DPT.
Unit 4: Fluid mechanics and machinery | 15 Marks
- Properties & Classification of Fluids
- Newton’s law of viscosity, Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure by Manometers, U-tube, Inclined tube.
- Fluid Kinematics: Streamline, laminar & turbulent flow, external & internal flow, continuity equation.
- Dynamics of ideal fluids: Bernoulli’s equation,
- Total head; Velocity head; Pressure head.
- Measurement of Flow rate,
- Basic Principles & working of Venturi meter, Pitot tube, Orifice meter.
- Hydraulic Turbines & Centrifugal Pumps
Unit 5: Material science and production engineering | 20 Marks
- Structure of metals, Space lattice, Unit cell, BCC, FCC etc.
- Iron carbon diagram
- Classification of Steels: mild steel & alloy steel. Heat treatment of steel.
- Welding – Arc Welding, Gas Welding, Resistance Welding, Special Welding Techniques, i.e. TIG, MIG. Brazing & Soldering, Welding Defects & Testing.
- Foundry & Casting methods, defects, different casting processes.
- Forging, Extrusion etc.
- Metal cutting principles, cutting tools.
- Basic Principles of machining with Lathe, Milling, Drilling, Shaping, Grinding.
- Machine tools & manufacturing processes.
Unit 6: Metrology and automobile engineering | 15 Marks
- Tools used in Linear Measurements, Angular Measurement, Surface finish.
- Limits, fits & Tolerance, Error
- Classification of Automobiles.
- Transmission, Steering, Braking, Suspension system.
- I.C. Engine Performance, I.C. Engine Combustion process
- Cooling and Lubrication system in I.C. Engine
Unit 7: Industrial management and CAD/CAM | 20 Marks
- Planning, Organizing, Leading, Controlling.
- Inventory Control, Inspection & Quality Control.
- Basic concepts of CAD/CAM.
- N.C., DNC, CNC machines.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Result
The results for the JKSSB JE Exam 2021 are yet to be released. Keep checking the official website for more information following the written exam.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021 Cut-off
The official cut-offs for the JKSSB JE Exam 2021 are yet to be released. Keep checking the official website for more information on cut-offs following the written exam.
Responsibilities of a Junior Engineer include:
- Carrying out all tasks given by the Senior Engineer.
- Work on Engineering Projects of the State.
- Assist with design, maintenance, and inspection of ongoing projects.
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Level-6||₹ 35,400- 1,12,400|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Level-6||₹ 35,400- 1,12,400|
|Junior Engineer in ITI Sector||Level-6D||₹ 35,800- 1,13,200|
Here are a few details you need to know about the computer-based test:
- The duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
- Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- Each question carries 01 marks.
- Negative Marking is applicable. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.
Preparation tips for JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021
The first thing you need to do before starting your preparation is to carefully comprehend the syllabus and the examination pattern. Here are a few extra tips to spice up your preparation:
- Know your weak areas - take a few mock tests before starting your preparation. Analyse the results and note the areas in which you lag. You can pay special attention to these topics. Allot some specified time in your study plan to focus on them.
- Rely on your college materials for preparation. They will contain all the concepts demanded by the JKSSB JE examination Syllabus and will be familiar to you since you have already gone through them.
- Plan and divide your time. Designate time for complicated topics in the syllabus. This varies from person to person. Identify your weak areas and work on them.
- Select your subject paper carefully based on the post you are aiming for, and prepare accordingly. Your diploma books will primarily cover the prescribed syllabus in comfortable language.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam Question papers
Recommended Books for JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021
For Civil Engineering
|Name of Book||Author|
|Strength of Materials||Gere and Temoshenko or B C Punamia|
|Structural Analysis||Negi or S Ramamurtham|
|Concrete Structures||Punamia & Jain|
|Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg.||Ranjan & Rao|
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||Modi & Seth|
|Irrigation||S K Garg|
|Highway Engg.||Khanna & Jasto b) Kadiyali|
For Mechanical Engineering
|Name of Book||Author|
|Engineering Thermodynamics||PK Nag|
|IC Engine||ML Mathur and RP Sharma|
|Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems||PR Khajuria & SP Dubey|
|Fluid Mechanics||Modi & Seth|
|Compressible Flow||SM Yahya|
|Heat and Mass Transfer||JP Hollman|
|Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||CP Arora|
|Theory of Machines||V.P Singh|
|Material Science||WD Callister|
|Operations Research||Kanti & Swarup|
|Strength of Materials||Gere & Timoshenko|
Study Plan for JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam 2021
Syllabus: Covering all the topics in the syllabus is very important. Don't limit yourself to only conventional sources. Solve a maximum number of multiple-choice questions for practice. There is plenty of practice material available on the internet - mock tests, sample papers, e-books, video lectures, online study materials, topper notes, etc.
Making notes: make short notes as you proceed through the syllabus. These notes should be crisp and to the point. Include mind maps and flowcharts wherever appropriate. Make notes for each chapter highlighting essential details and include a precise explanation of concepts.
Quality Study- It is suggested not to cramp yourself with a massive bulk of study material from multiple sources. This causes you to end up studying nothing instead.
We hope that you found all the information you were looking for about JKSSB JE Examination. Stay updated with any developments regarding the examination. Take special care of your health, especially during this unfortunate time. Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!