To know more about the India Post recruitment, you can read through the India Post recruitment important Dates, India Post recruitment vacancy, India Post recruitment selection process, India Post recruitment job profile, and more in this article.
India Post has announced 2357 vacancies for the position of Branch Postmaster and Assistant Branch Postmaster in West Bengal Circle. India Post invites online applications from passionate eligible candidates. The posts advertised include Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster and Dak Sevak. The recruitment is handled by the **** Gramin Dak Seva Vibhag of India Post.
At a glance
|Department||Gramin Dak Seva Vibhag|
|Post||Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster and Dak Sevak|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection process||Based on Class 10 results|
|Latest update||West Bengal circle has invited applications for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak. Apply Now.|
|Online registration - start date||20 July 2021|
|Online registration - end date||19 August 2021|
To be an eligible candidate, you must have a Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, English and local language from a recognised board.
Age (on 27/07/2021)
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 40 years
Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories as under:
|Category||Upper age Relaxation|
|SC/ST||upto 5 years|
|OBC||upto 3 years|
|PwD||upto 10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||upto 13 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||upto 15 years|
- The candidate must have studied the local language at least up to the 10th standard.
- The candidate must know cycling as a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts.
- Working Knowledge of computers is also an advantageous attribute. However, candidates, after getting selected, will have to complete a Basic Computer Training Certificate Course.
- It is favourable if the candidate has adequate means of livelihood to supplement their income. However, this is not a requirement.
|OC/OBC/EWS Male / trans-man||₹ 100|
How to Apply
- Visit the website http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/.
- Click on "Registration" and register yourself as a new user by giving your personal and contact details.
- After successful registration, the website will generate a registration number and an OTP to your registered mobile number. Note the registration number for future login.
- Pay the application fee.
- Fill in your details carefully, upload the documents and select your post preference.
- Please review your application before you submit it.
- Keep a copy of the application form for future reference.
|Category||Total number of posts|
- Selection will be made based on percent marks obtained in the 10th class. A merit list will be generated automatically as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- For candidates whose results are based on CGPA, the percentage of marks will be calculated by the formula recommended by the Board.
- In case of a tie (candidates having equal marks in 10th class), the older candidate will be given preference.
The results will be published on http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/. Keep checking the website for updates.
- Managing the Branch Post Office
- Ensuring uninterrupted counter operation during working hours with maximum efficiency.
- Maintenance of postal records, facilities and devices.
- Marketing of Postal and India Post Payments Bank services.
Assistant Branch Postmaster
- Sale of postal stamps and stationary.
- Delivery of mail and deposits/other transactions under IPPB.
- Assisting the Branch Postmaster with counter duties.
- Sale of Stamps and Stationary.
- Conveyance and delivery of mail.
- Completing the duties assigned by the Branch Postmaster and Assistant Branch Postmaster.
|Post||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours||Minimum TRCA for 5 hours|
|Branch Postmaster||₹ 12,000||₹ 14,500|
|Asst. Branch Postmaster/ Dak Sevak||₹ 10,000||₹ 12,000|
It takes hard work and determination to change a dream into a reality. Start your journey with a joyous note and march closer to your dream job. Best wishes!