- Team Edural
IOCL or Indian Oil Corporate Limited has released a notification announcing multiple vacancies for the posts of Junior Engineering Assistants. A total of 512 vacancies have been reported. If you have been eyeing the esteemed post for some time, now is as perfect a time as any! Scroll down for more details.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021At A Glance
|Name||IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021|
|Conducting Body||Indian Oil Corporate Limited (IOCL)|
|Vacant Posts||Junior Engineering Assistant|
|Number of Vacancies||512|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT)|
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Notification
IOCL has recently released the notification for the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam on 21 September 2021. Candidates are advised to check the official notification here.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Important Dates
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 notification release||21 September 2021|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 online application opens||21 September 2021|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 online application closes||12 October 2021|
|Last date for PwBD candidates to apply for scribes||18 October 2021|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 admit card release||to be announced|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam date||24 October 2021|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021SPPT date||to be announced|
|IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 result||By 11 November 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam
Candidates must have a 3-year Diploma in any of the following fields from a government-recognized with an aggregate of 45% for SC/ST candidates and 50% for General/OBC/EWS candidates:
- Instrumentation and/or Electronics/Control
- Refinery and Petrochemical
- Fire and Safety Engine
A minimum of 1-year post-qualification experience in the respective chosen fields will be necessary.
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit: 26 years
Note: SC/ST categories will be offered an age relaxation period of 5 years, while OBC-NC categories will be offered an age relaxation period of 3 years.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Application Fee
How to Apply for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam
- Visit the official website of the IOCL.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official IOCL website. The admit card for the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam is yet to be released.
List of Vacancies
The number of vacancies for the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam has been announced. Here is the list of vacancies announced for 2021:
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Production)||296|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (P & U)||35|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Electrical)||65|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Mechanical)||27|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Instrumentation)||64|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Quality Control)||29|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Fire and Safety)||14|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Material)||4|
|Junior Engineering Assistant (Nursing)||1|
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Reservation List
The IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Recruitment examination will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. Candidates can check the category-wise vacancies of 2021 in the official notification linked here.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Selection Process
The selection process consists of 2 levels:
1. Written Exam 1. Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT)
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Pattern
Here's the exam pattern for the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam:
- Topics: General Studies, English Language, Technical Section
- Total Marks: 100
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Total Duration: 3 hours
- Mode: Offline OMR-sheet
- Minimum Qualifying Percentage: 40%
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Studies||History, Geography, Culture, Economic trend, General Polity, and Scientific Research of IOCL, India and its neighboring countries, Science, Books and Authors of India, IOCL, and the world, Current Affairs, Sports, Important Days, Important Schemes, Portfolios, and People in News|
|Math (compulsory in technical section)||Whole numbers, decimals and fractions, Relationships between numbers, Discount, Profit and Loss, Partnership Business, Time and Distance, Percentage, Time & Work, Ratio and Proportion Averages, Interest, Square roots, Basic Algebraic, Surds, Triangles, Graphs of Linear Equations, Congruence and similarity of triangles, tangents, Circle and its chords, Quadrilaterals, Circle, Right Prism, Regular Polygons, Right Circular Cone, Sphere, Right Circular Cylinder, Heights and Distances, Frequency polygon, Histogram, Bar diagram, Pie chart, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Hemispheres, Regular Right Pyramid, Trigonometric ratio, Standard Identities, Degree and Radian Measures, Complementary angles|
|Chemistry (optional in technical section)||Solutions, States of Matter, Coordination Compounds, Electro-Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Equilibrium, Biomolecules, Polymers, Periodic table, P, D, F, S-block elements, Hydrocarbons and its uses, Structure of Atoms, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Aldehydes, Ketones, Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers, and Carboxylic acid, Organic compounds with nitrogen, Chemical kinetics|
|Instrumentation (optional in technical section)||Basic Circuits and Measurement Systems, Transducers, Signals, Mechanical Measurement, Analytical Instrumentation, Industrial Instrumentation, Analog and Digital Electronics, Biomedical, Instrumentation, Optical Instrumentation, Systems and Communications, Control Systems, Process Control|
|Mechanical (optional in technical section)||Thermodynamics, Automobile Engineering, Mechanism of fluids, Manufacturing Science, Engine Mechanisms, Machines Theory, Strength of Materials, Industrial Engineering, Structural Engineering|
|Electrical (optional in technical section)||Basic Electronic Devices, Circuit theory, Network Concepts, Control Systems, Power System Analysis, Power Electronic Devices, AC and DC Machines, Power System Protection, Electromagnetic Theory, Electrical Instrumentation, Electrical Energy Utilization|
|English Language||Sentence Arrangement, fill in the blanks, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Completion, Spotting Error, Idioms and Phrases, Antonyms, Para Completion, Synonyms, Error Correction, Substitution, Active and Passive Voice, Joining Sentences, Error Correction, Prepositions, Passage Completion|
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Results
The IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 results are yet to be released. The results are expected to be released by 11 November 2021. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Cut-off
The cut-offs for 2021 are yet to be released, but provided below are the parameters on which the merit list will be created:
- The total number of vacant posts
- Seats for reserved categories
- Total number of examinees
- Total marks obtained by examinees
Here are the qualifying percentages for various categories:
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for further updates on IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 cut offs.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Salary Details
The pay scale for JEA posts is INR 25,000 to INR 1,05,000. Selected candidates will also be able to avail the following:
- Housing accommodation (as per availability)
- Medical Facilities
- Productivity Incentive
- Performance Linked Incentive
- Provident Fund
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession/LFA
- Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme
- House Building Advance
- Conveyance Advance
- Maintenance Reimbursement
- Children Education Allowance
Preparation Tips for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam
Candidates preparing for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers to gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam preparation. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Allotting a specific number of mathematics exercises daily from different subtopics and solving them diligently. Focusing on the errors and redoing the incorrect problems over and over again is advisable.
- Reading local newspapers will provide a good base for general knowledge and current affairs.
- Speaking with those in the vicinity about current affairs, watching TV shows and movies will be beneficial.
- Practicing dialogues in front of the mirror to improve confidence and vocabulary is highly advised.
IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant Electrical 2009
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant Mechanical 2012
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant General Studies 2009
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant Mathematics 2009
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant English
Recommended Books for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam
Here are some books for the General Studies section:
|An Introduction to the Constitution of India||D D Basu|
|Perspectives on Indian Constitution||Subash Kashyap|
|Biology, Physics, Chemistry||8th to 12th standard NCERT|
|Modern India||Bipin Chandra|
|History of Modern India||AC Banerjee|
|Anatomy and Physiology||Evelyn Pearce|
|An Evolution of Indian Economy||I. C. Dhingra|
|Indian Economy||Dutt and Sundaram|
|General Principles of World Geography||Charles Farro|
|Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Fourth edition (2018)||Rajesh Verma|
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K. Sinha|
|Class XI and Class XII Chemistry||NCERT|
|Physical Chemistry||O. P. Tandon|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||JD Lee|
|IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited) Mechanical Engineering Junior Engineer Assistant IV||GKP|
|Mechanical Engineering for competitions||R. K. Jain|
|Mechanical Engineering (Conventional and Objective Type)||R. S. Khurmi|
|Handbook of Mechanical Engineering||Ganesh Viswanathan|
|IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited) Instrumentation Engineering Junior Engineer Assistant IV||GKP|
|Mechanical Detail Solution in Instrumentation for Competitions||Satish K Karna|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Birla Publications|
|Handbook on Instrumentation Engineering||Made Easy Publications|
|IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited) Electrical Engineering Junior Engineer Assistant IV||GKP|
|An Integrated Course in Electrical Engineering||J. B. Gupta|
|Objective Electrical Technology||V. K. Mehta, Rohit Mehta|
|Handbook for Electrical Engineering||Made Easy Publications|
Study Plan for IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam
Any candidate interested in cracking the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 exam should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms, and try to incorporate them in daily conversations. Practice speaking in front of the mirror and inculcate confidence for the interview process.
- Check the Public Information Bureau website regularly and read newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economist, and The Economic Times to stay updated with current affairs.
- Dedicate 6-8 hours to studying in a day; more than that can be exhaustive.
- Make comprehensive notes for every chapter and gather the common topics of all help books together so as to avoid feeling overwhelmed with the syllabus.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam centre. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding the IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant 2021 Exam. The payment ID must be kept handy after paying for the application form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible to avoid unnecessary last-minute stress. After all, the mind is at its strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, aspirants must have faith in their preparations and the hard work they've put in.
All the best!