- Team Edural
The IIFT or the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade annually conducts the IIFT entrance exam to enroll candidates to its lucrative and diverse MBA programs. The application process for IIFT 2022 has begun.
IIFT 2022 At A Glance
|Organization||National Testing Agency (NTA), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)|
|Selection Process||Computer-Based Test|
IIFT Examination 2022 Notification
IIFT has announced the notification for IIFT entrance 2022, so it's well-advised for candidates to check the official press release of IIFT here.
IIFT Examination 2022 Important Dates
|IIFT online application portal opens||1 September 2021|
|Last date to Apply Online for IIFT 2022||15 October 2021|
|IIFT Admit card release||to be announced|
|IIFT CBT Exam Date 2022||5 December 2021|
|IIFT Result 2022||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT Examination 2022
Candidates must possess a graduate degree or equivalent in any field of study from a government-recognized institute with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates whose final year results are awaited can also apply, provided they submit proof of their final examination by 7 October 2021.
NRIs can also apply, provided they fit the IIFT guidelines, which they can check out here once the notification is released.
There is no age limit for candidates appearing for the esteemed IIFT 2022.
IIFT Examination 2022 Application Fee
Candidates appearing for the prestigious IIFT exam will have to pay INR 2,500 to be allowed to sit for the exam.
How to Apply for IIFT Examination 2022
- Visit the official website of IIFT.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the IIFT application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
IIFT Examination 2022 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official IIFT website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
IIFT Examination 2022 Vacancy
Since the list of vacancies for 2022 is yet to be released, here is an idea of the vacancy, as seen in 2021:
IIFT Examination 2022 Reservation List
|Category||Seats Reserved (%)|
IIFT Selection Process 2022
The selection process consists of a Computer-Based Test followed by a counselling session.
IIFT Examination 2022 Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section carries:
|Section||Total number of questions||Marks awarded for 1 correct answer||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||35||3||105|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||30||3||90|
Note: The total duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
IIFT Examination 2022 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|Quantitative Ability||Number System, SI and CI, Geometry, Mensuration, Logarithms, Permutations and Combinations, Probability, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Height and Distance, Indices and Surds, Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, Allegation and Mixtures, Partnership, Time, Speed, and Distance, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression|
|Logical Reasoning||Selections, Linear word formation, Comparisons, Deductions, Coding and Decoding, Series and Analysis, Input and Output, Directions, Seating Arrangements, Family-tree problem, Symbol-Based problems|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart, Tables, Caselets|
|Verbal Ability||Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd word out, Grammar, Prepositions, Phrases, Analogies, Matching word meanings, Fill in the blanks, Spellings, Para Jumbles, Figures of speech, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning|
|General Awareness||History, Geography, Mythology, Sports, Science, Films, Awards, Literature, International Affairs, Politics, Business, Society, Industry, Economics, Banking|
IIFT Examination 2022 Results
The IIFT 2022 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
IIFT Examination 2022 Cut-off
The following table shows the cut-off ranks for previous years. 2022 cut-offs will be updated as they are released on the official website.
|Section name||Delhi Cut offs||Kolkata cut offs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||18 to 20||15 to 17|
|Quantitative Analysis||16 to 20||13 to 15|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||18 to 20||15 to 17|
|General Awareness||8 to 10||5 to 7|
Here's a category-wise cut off released in previous years:
|Category||Cut off Out of 300|
IIFT Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the IIFT 2022 paper are:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Analysis
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Here are a few points that candidates must remember:
- There will be a Computer-Based Test.
- The test will be of 300 marks in total.
- A duration of 120 minutes will be allotted.
- The verbal reasoning section was easier to attempt, while the word meanings were found to be challenging for many candidates.
- Candidates were able to answer an average of 10 to 12 out of 20 questions on verbal ability, while in reading comprehension, candidates were able to solve 20 out of 35 questions.
- The difficulty of the questions pertaining to the Quantitative Ability section has kept on increasing.
Here's a detailed overview of the difficulty level:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Easy
- Quantitative Analysis: Moderate
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: Difficult
- General Awareness: Easy to Moderate
Preparation Tips for IIFT Examination 2022
Candidates preparing for IIFT Examination 2022 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of IIFT preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Keeping an eye on current affairs and local and international news is a big part of learning organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
IIFT Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for IIFT Examination 2022
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Nishant Sinha|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary||Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Verma|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
|Data interpretation||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for IIFT Examination 2022
Any candidate interested in cracking IIFT should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice relevant quizzes regularly.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is an excellent way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Make sure to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding IIFT 2022. Keep your payment ID handy after paying for your form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies. Start preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. Remember, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!