- Team Edural
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection RRB PO or the IBPS RRB Officer Scale I exam is basically conducted to appoint candidates at Officer post in the various Regional Rural Banks of the country. The IBPS is the conducting body for all IBPS exams, including the IBPS RRB PO exam.
To view the official Notification, click here.
RRB PO IMPORTANT DATES 2021:
|Official Notification||July 2021|
|Online Application Process||Online Application Process|
|IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card||September 2021|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam||9th, 10th, 16th, 17th October 2021|
|IBPS PO Prelims Result||October 2021|
|IBPS PO Mains Admit Card||November 2021|
|IBPS PO Main Exam||27th November 2021|
|IBPS PO Main Result||December 2021|
|Final Result||April 2022|
RRB PO ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2021:
A candidate must be a native Indian to be eligible for the IBPS RRB PO examination. For other information about nationality under eligibility, check the Notification (link is provided above).
- Age limit-
For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager) or PO- Candidates should be above 18 and under 30.
- Education Qualification-
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree. Those candidates with degrees in Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary Science, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Pisciculture, Information Technology, Agriculture Engineering, Economics and Accountancy, Management, Law, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation will be given preference. (i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB. (ii) Working knowledge of computers. In IBPS RRB, especially for PO, no particular experience is required.
RRB PO APPLICATION FEE 2021:
For RRB PO or Officer Scale I, Application Fees/ Intimation Charges are going to be as follows-
(i) Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates. (ii) Rs.850/- for all others.
RRB PO SCHEME/ PATTERN OF EXAMINATION 2021:
Candidates must pass each stage of the examination to get promoted to another. The Examination scheme for IBPS RRB PO consists of the following stages-
- Prelims exam-
|Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||45 mins|
- Mains exam-
|Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks||Duration|
|Computer Knowledge||40||20||120 mins|
|General Awareness||40||40||120 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||50||120 mins|
The IBPS RRB PO or Officer Scale I preliminary exam is actually qualifying in nature, and the marks gained in this examination are not added up in the last merit of the applicants. Those who qualify for the preliminary are shortlisted for the mains, and those who qualify mains are further shortlisted for the Interview.
The full marks for the interview phase are 100. The qualifying marks in the interview for Officer Scale I will be as per extant guidelines. One should qualify for both; the Online Examination and the Interview, with adequately high marks to be shortlisted for the following provisional allotment process.
RRB PO SYLLABUS 2021:
- Reasoning (Prelims)- Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Statement & Conclusion, Argument, and Cause & Effect).
- Quantitative Aptitude (Prelims)- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart), Inequalities (Quadratic Equations), Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture, and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns).
Note- For Officer scale 1, Syllabus for Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections appears to be the same for both Prelims and Mains exam.
- English- Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Fillers, Sentence Errors, Vocabulary based questions, Sentence Improvement, Jumbled Paragraph, Word Usage, Phrase/Connectors, Paragraph related question (Para connectors, para completion, para restatement, paragraph inference, para fillers).
- Hindi- विपरीतार्थक शब्द, पर्यायवाची शब्द, मुहावरे तथा लोकोक्तियां, गुढार्थी (क्लोज टाइप) प्रकार का गद्यांश, वाक्यक्रम व्यवस्थापन, वाक्यों में त्रुटियाँ, वाक्यों में रिक्त-स्थानों की पूर्ति, वर्तनी अशुद्धियाँ, वाक्यांश के लिए एक शब्द, अपठित गद्यांश
- General Awareness- Banking and Insurance Awareness, Financial Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Current Affairs, Static Awareness.
- Computer Knowledge- History and Generation of Computers, Introduction to Computer Organisation, Computer Memory, Computer Hardware and I/O Devices, Computer Software, Computer Languages, Operating System, Computer Network, Internet, MS Office Suit and Short cut keys, Basics of DBMS, Number System and Conversions, Computer and Network Security.
RRB PO BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|Daily News Paper and Vocabulary||The Hindu|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning||R. S Agarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||B. S Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam||Arihant Publication|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M Tyra|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||R. S Agarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Banking Awareness||Arihant Publication|
|Static General Knowledge||Arihant Publication|
|Banking Awareness Handbook of Banking Information||N.S Toor|
RRB PO PREVIOUS YEARS' QUESTION PAPER:
Click here to view IBPS RRB PO/ Officer Scale I previous papers.
Click here to view IBPS RRB PO/ Officer Scale I previous year reasoning and QA.
Click here to view IBPS RRB PO/ Officer Scale I 2013 question paper.
RRB PO PREPARATION TIPS 2021:
It is expected from the candidates to must be thorough with the exam pattern and exam syllabus. If it is chaotic for them to understand the examination scheme, they can practice mock tests and previous year question papers. Candidates should start planning their preparation once they get familiar with the syllabus. Candidates are therefore suggested to refer to the books described above for best preparation. Candidates are expected to spare no effort.
RRB PO STUDY PLAN 2021:
Schedule a timetable- Analyze your standard long before the exam. Create a well-structured schedule for each day. To successfully crack the IBPS RRB, it is advised that the aspirants start preparing ahead of time.
Practice question papers- Practice previous question papers as much as possible to have a proper understanding of the exam pattern and the type of questions you're going to approach. Set daily and weekly study targets.
Be strategic- Candidates need to find out their own master plan that works for them. Critical evaluation of their performance must help them to identify the best strategy. Keeping positive thoughts will add zest to the daily routine, which eventually will ease the exam pressure.
RRB PO VACANCIES 2021:
IBPS has announced over 10600 vacancies for IBPS RRB 2021, out of which 4119 vacancies are available for Officer Scale I/ PO.
RRB PO ADMIT CARD/ CUT OFF/ RESULT 2021:
- The IBPS RRB Probationary Officer admit card is released 10 to 15 days before the date of examination, which can download from the website of IBPS. All three phases of exams, i.e., Prelims, Mains, and Interview, offer different admit cards.
- The results will be declared after preparing the merit list of all the qualified candidates/applicants. They will be issued as a list of candidates/applicants who will be given provisional allotment. The provisional allotment will be confirmed once the candidate clears background verification.
- It is not enough for the applicant/candidate to score a passing mark just in the individual exams. A high total score in order of merit is also necessary to be called for the Common Interview / Provisional Allotment. The required cut-off score has not been released, but the general agreement is that each candidate shall obtain a minimum score in each test of the Online Mains Examination to be shortlisted for the interview phase.
RRB PO JOB PROFILE:
- All candidates shall go through a coaching/training termed probation after completing the probation period; the RRB Officer Scale 1 officer gets promoted to the Gramin Bank as Assistant Manager.
- Managing the day-to-day operations, monitoring the credit portfolio, disbursing loans, reconstructing loans and NPA recovery, preparing the audit reports, arranging loan melas in the region of one’s posting, and preparing reports for their higher authorities.
- The role of a Scale 1 officer is comparative to that of an assistant manager.
- Managing the branch's daily operations where they are posted and checking the receipts, payments, cash verification, and other bank ordeals every day.
- The Scale 1 officer has to focus on the betterment of the rural economy of our country. Hence the spotlight here falls on agricultural and allied sectors.
- These officers have to look after such cases and disburse the loans.
- Many Agri loans become a case of NPA if they are not kept in check regularly. The job of a scale 1 officer is also to monitor the credit portfolios and check if the payment of the loans is regular or not.
- There are times when the Branch Manager needs a helping hand in situations like framing an audit report, and that is where the Scale 1 officer should be present without fail.
- Being the right hand of the Branch Manager is another must for the Scale 1 officer.
- The Scale 1 officer needs to be very careful with these tasks since any irregularity in the work or any frauds caught may lead to them being caught for not performing their duties properly.
RRB PO SALARY:
The in-hand salary for IBPS RRB PO or Officer Scale I is Rs. 29,000 to Rs. 33,000.
Candidates are suggested to regularly keep up with the authorized IBPS website www.ibps.in for details and updates.
Kindly pay attention and keep track of the dates written above. Do not forget to recheck your answers before submitting them. Finally, read all the guidelines about how the examination is done precisely, as informed in the official notification. Remember, you are one step closer to your calling today!