- Team Edural
The IBPS Clerk exam acts as a recruitment procedure to enroll eligible and befitting prospective IBPS employees to the role of a clerk. This exam strives to test your skills, in turn deciding your future employment at IBPS. Thousands dream of clearing the IBPS Clerk examination every year, but it’s only the best who prepare and show resilience to be worthy of the vacant positions.
Due to the pandemic, many of the previously scheduled dates stand altered, but here are the details you might need:
IBPS Clerk 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Total Vacancies||3000+ (tentative)|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, Local Language Test|
IBPS Clerk 2021 Notification
IBPS has released the official notification for IBPS Clerk exam 2021 on 11 July 2021. You can view it here.
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates 2021
You can find all the information regarding important dates here in the table below:
|IBPS Clerk Notification Date||11 July 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||12 July 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||1 August 2021|
|Pre-Training Exam Date||16 August 2021|
|Release of Admit Cards||To be notified (15 days prior to prelims)|
|Prelims Exam Date||28-29 August 2021 to 4 September 2021 (tentative)|
|Mains Exam Date||31 October 2021 (tentative)|
|Local Language Test Date||To be notified|
|Final IBPS Clerk 2021 Result||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk Posts
- Educational Qualification:
- You must have a minimum of a graduate degree qualification of three years or its equivalent to qualify for IBPS Clerk 2021.
- Additionally, you must also have ample knowledge in the field of Information Technology and Computer Operations, in general.
- Fluency in the local language of the state from where they are applying.
- Age Limit (as of 1 June 2021):
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 28 years
|Category||Age Relaxation provided|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Individuals affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|Individuals domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir anytime between 1 January 1980 and 31 December 1989||5 years|
|Union Carbide Factory’s employees retrenched from service (Madhya Pradesh)||5 years|
|Divorced women, widows, and women legally separated from their spouses(and haven't remarried)||9 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Number of years served + 3 years (up to 50 years of age)|
IBPS Clerk Exam Application Fee
IBPS Clerk 2021 Application Form
The application forms for this exam have been released on 12 July 2021. The last date to apply online is 1 August 2021. You could apply for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021 here, once the form is released.
Steps to Apply for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the IBPS Clerk exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and register yourself with your personal and contact details.
- Fill out the IBPS Clerk application form 2021.
- Upload the required scanned photographs and documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted form for future reference.
The admit cards for the IBPS Clerk exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
The official list of vacancies has not been released by IBPS yet. You can find more about the number of vacancies below, once they are updated:
|General||To be notified|
|EWS||To be notified|
|OBC||To be notified|
|SC||To be notified|
|ST||To be notified|
IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 Reservation List
The reservation list for the IBPS Clerk exam entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
To know more about the vacant seats and reservation guidelines, visit the official site.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process
The IBPS Clerk 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Local Language Test
IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern for the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2021 exam is:
|Topic||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The pattern for the IBPS Clerk Mains 2021 exam is:
|Topic||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Finance Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability/Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 Syllabus
The IBPS Clerk exam 2021 syllabus looks like this:
|Simplification, Data interpretation, Interest, Percentages, Algebra, Time and Work, Number Series, Averages, Mensuration, Ratios, Profit and loss, Permutations and combinations||Arrangements and pattern, Coding decoding, Order and Ranking, Syllogism, Linear Seating arrangement, Mathematical Inequalities, Blood relations, Circular Seating arrangement, Classification, Scheduling||Grammar, Vocabulary, Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Para/Sentence Completion|
IBPS Clerk 2021 Result
The results for the IBPS Clerk exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 Cut-offs
The official cut offs for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 are yet to be released. Here's how the previous years' cut offs look like:
|Category||General Category||SC/ST/OBC Categories|
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
Here’s what the IBPS Clerk recruitment posts primarily include:
- Making sure payments are cleared
- Overseeing cash deposits and withdrawals
- Issuing checkbooks
- Maintaining a record of financial balance
- Keeping track of ledgers, balance, and tally
- Ensuring receipt cheques and drafts are cleared
IBPS Clerk Recruitment Salary Details
Here's how the IBPS Clerk employment pay scale looks like:
- Salary Range: INR 11,765 to 31,540
- Initial Salary In-Hand: INR 19,461
IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the IBPS Clerk exam papers:
- Information Technology and its applications
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Be thorough with each of these topics, and keep track of time.
The IBPS Clerk 2021 exam is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs, you are good to go!
IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam:
- Every topic is equally important in the IBPS Clerk exam, so never skip any topic.
- Study the economic trends, history, geography, and polity from an Indian and international perspective.
- Practice last years question papers from the official website.
- Practice your speaking skills for the interview.
- Read State-specific newspapers.
IBPS Clerk Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for the IBPS Clerk exam:
For more previous years question papers, visit the official IBPS Clerk website.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Books
|Name of Books||Author/Publication|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal|
|Descriptive General English||S.P. Bakshi and Richa Sharma|
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||Arihant Publications|
|English NCERT Books of 9th and 10th grade||NCERT|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||R.S Agarwal|
|How to Crack Test of Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Objective Mathematics for Competitive Exams||Tarun Goyal|
IBPS Clerk Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Your mind should be fresh while sitting down to study. There should be as few distractions as possible.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centers around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keeping track of the IBPS Clerk exam 2021 details will help you inch closer to your dream employment at IBPS. Make sure you note down your application number and pay the application fee in time.
Arrange for proper internet connectivity and a working mobile/PC to successfully register yourself and submit your online application form. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the IBPS Clerk 2021 exam with flying colors!