- Team Edural
Haryana Public Service Commission or HPSC serves as the civil service commission handling the recruitment of several state government officials. HPSC oversees the state government employees operating under its scrutiny.
Due to the pandemic, many of the previously announced dates stand altered, but here are the details you might need:
HPSC HCS 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Vacant Posts||State Services|
|Selection Process||HPSC HCS Prelims Exam, HPSC HCS Mains Exam, Interview|
HPSC HCS 2021 Notification
As per the notification dated 03/2021, the HPSC HCS 2021 exam details have been released. You can view it here when it is announced.
HPSC HCS Exam Date 2021
The online application for HPSC HCS 2021 has already closed. You can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|HPSC HCS Notification Date||26 February 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||3 March 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||2 April 2021|
|Admit Card||3 weeks before Prelims|
|HPSC HCS Prelims Exam||22 August 2021|
|HPSC HCS Mains Exam||December (tentative)|
|HPSC HCS Interview||January-February 2022 (tentative)|
|Result Declaration||March-April 022 (tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for HPSC HCS Posts
Luckily for HPSC HCS employees, the HPSC HCS recruitment exam doesn’t have stringent eligibility criteria. Here’s how it looks like:
- A graduate degree from a recognized state university in any field of discipline
- Adhering to the age limit of minimum 21 and maximum 42
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 42 years
Note: The calculations are to be done as of 1 January 2021
Age Relaxation Guidelines:
|Backward Class of Haryana (A and B)||5 years|
|Unmarried Female candidates (including divorced/ separated women)||3 years|
|PH/ PwD (Haryana)||10 years|
|PH PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
HPSC HCS Exam Application Fee
|General category male including Dependent Son of Ex-Serviceman of Haryana/ Male candidates of General Category and reserved categories of other states||INR 1000|
|Females candidates (General category) including Female Dependents of ESM (Haryana only)/ Female candidates (General category) and reserved categories of other States||INR 250|
|Male, Female candidates (SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM) (Haryana only)||INR 250|
|PwD with at least 40% disability (Haryana only)||NIL|
HPSC HCS 2021 Application Form
It had been notified that the HPSC HCS online applications were available from the following dates:
3 March 2021 to 2 April 2021
You can apply for HPSC HCS recruitment 2021 here.
Steps to Apply for HPSC HCS Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the HPSC HCS exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and register yourself with your personal and contact details.
- Fill out the HPSC HCS application form 2021.
- Upload the required scanned photographs and documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted form for future reference.
The admit cards for the HPSC HCS exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
You can find more about the list of vacancies below:
|Post Name||Total Vacancies|
|HCS (Ex. Br.)||48|
|District Food & Supplies Controller (DFSC)||05|
|‘A’ Class Tehsildar||04|
|Assistant. Registrar Co. Op. Societies (ARCS)||01|
|Assistant. Excise & Taxation Officer (AETO)||05|
|Block Development & Panchayat Officer (BDPO)||46|
|Traffic Manager (TM)||03|
|District Food & Supplies Officer (DFSO)||02|
|Assistant. Employment Officer (AEO)||21|
HPSC HCS Exam 2021 Reservation List
- SC/BC-A/ BC-B/PwD/ESM/ESP and EWS candidates who are domiciled in the state of Haryana will be eligible for reservation.
- If you are a woman candidate seeking reservation under the SC/BC-A/BC-B category, you'll be required to submit your Caste Certificate. Certificate from in-laws will not be welcome.
- If posts under reserved categories of Haryana are not available, you can apply under the General category. However, in such cases, you must fulfil the eligibility criteria barring the application fee. Attach a scanned copy of your caste certificate to claim fees concession.
- Reserved category students from another state will be judged against the posts for General/Unreserved Category and thus will be considered General or Unreserved category candidates.
- Reservation for freedom fighters and their children or grandchildren of Haryana are included within the relaxations offered for Ex-servicemen or Backward Classes. 2% of posts will be reserved for freedom fighters, their children, or their grandchildren.
HPSC HCS Exam Selection Process
The HPSC HCS Exam 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- HPSC HCS Prelims Exam
- HPSC HCS Mains Exam
HPSC HCS Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
Here's how the HPSC HCS 2021 paper will look like:
|HPSC Exam Stage||Number of Papers||Marks|
|HCS Prelims Exam||2||100|
|HCS Main Written Exam||5||600|
|HCS Personality Test||NA||75|
The score breakup for the HCS Prelims 2021 looks like this:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)(Qualifying only)||100|
The score breakup for the HCS Mains 2021 looks like this:
|Paper-IV||Optional Subject 1||150|
|Paper-V||Optional Subject 2||150|
The Personality Test interview at the end of Prelims and Mains 2021 consists of 75 marks.
HPSC HCS Exam 2021 Syllabus
Paper-I: General Studies
- General Science: Concepts of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Current Affairs
- Indian History and Indian National Movement
- Indian/ World Geography
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Mental Ability
- Social, economic, linguistic, and cultural institutions of Haryana
Paper-II: Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
- Reading comprehension
- Decision-making/ problem solving
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Logical reasoning/ analytical ability
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy up to Class 10 level
- Data interpretation up to Class 10 level
HPSC HCS 2021 Mains Syllabus
- Precise writing
- Comprehension skills
- Word usage and vocabulary
- General Grammar knowledge
- Composition or Essay
- English to Hindi passage translation
- Letter/ precise writing
- Elaboration on Hindi passage
Paper-III: General Studies (to be divided into 2 parts)
- History of Modern India
- Indian Geography
- Indian Polity
- History of Indian culture
- Current national issues
- India/the World
- Indian Economy
- Developments in science and technology, as well as communication and space
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams
Paper IV and V
There are 23 subjects for applicants to choose from as their optional subject:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- English Literature
- Hindi Literature
- Indian History
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Punjabi Literature
- Sanskrit Literature
Note: There are a few combinations that you cannot opt for: Political science and International relations + Public Administration/ Agriculture + Animal husbandry and veterinary service/ Hindi, English, Sanskrit, and Punjabi literature/ Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering
HPSC HCS 2021 Interview
The dates for the HPSC HCS interview are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the interview dates when they are uploaded.
HPSC HCS 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the HPSC HCS exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
HPSC HCS Exam 2021 Cut-offs
The cut-offs for HPSC HCS 2021 are:
|General||to be released|
|BCB||to be released|
|BCA||to be released|
|SC||to be released|
|Ex-Serviceman-General||to be released|
|Ex-Serviceman-SC||to be released|
|Ex-Serviceman-BCA||to be released|
HPSC HCS Job Profile
Here’s what the HPSC HCS recruitment posts primarily include:
- Maintaining law and order.
- Collecting land revenue and dealing with revenue-related court matters
- Implementing Union and State Government policies and schemes
- Working at the Block level
HPSC HCS Recruitment Salary Details
|Haryana Civil Service (Executive Branch)||Level-10: INR 39100-56100/ Grade Pay: INR 5400|
|Deputy superintendent of police||Level-9: INR 9300-34800/ Grade Pay: INR 5400|
|Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies||INR 9300-34800/ Grade Pay: INR 4600|
|Others||Level-7: INR 44900|
HPSC HCS Exam 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the HPSC HCS exam papers:
- Information Technology and its applications
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
HPSC HCS Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the HPSC HCS 2021 Exam:
- Make sure you have prepared a fixed schedule for your daily preparation.
- Be thorough with Haryana State-board books.
- Develop reading habits that enhance your knowledge in history, geography, polity, and sciences.
- Practice last years question papers and sample papers.
- Practice your speaking skills for the interview.
- Read State-specific newspapers.
- Sit for numerous mock tests.
HPSC HCS Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for HPSC HCS:
For the HPSC HCS Mains exam, be thorough with the topics of Indian and Haryana economy, polity, and society in general.
Check out the HPSC official website for more previous years papers.
HPSC HCS 2021 Books
HPSC HCS General Studies
- Science and Technology for Civil Services Examinations: Ravi P Agrahari
- Encyclopedia of General Science for General Competitions: Experts Compilation
HPSC HCS Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearly Book: Mammen Mathew
HPSC HCS History
- Ancient and Medieval India(New edition): Poonam Dalal Dahiya
- A Brief History of Modern India: Spectrum Books
HPSC HCS Indian Culture
- Indian Heritage, Art and Culture: Madhukar Kumar Bhagat
- Indian Art and Culture: Nitin Singhania
HPSC HCS Polity
- Indian Polity - For Civil Services and Other State Examinations: M. Laxmikanth
- Constitution of India And Indian Polity For Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations: SG Subramanian
HPSC HCS Geography
- Indian and World Geography For Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations: Majid Husain
- Geography (New edition): Rajiv Ahir
HPSC HCS Economy
- Indian Economy For Civil Services and Other Competitive Examinations: Nitin Singhania
- Indian Economy: Aman Soni
HPSC HCS Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Keep a fresh mind when you sit down to study. Make sure there are few distractions. It is essential to have a calm mind to retain the information you study.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Ensure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centres around to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works on the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keeping track of the HPSC HCS exam 2021 details will aid you to get closer to your dream job at HPSC. Do note your application number and the last date of submission for the application fee.
Prepare well before the exams and practice instilling confidence within yourself. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the HPSC HCS 2021 exam with ease!