- Team Edural
Gujarat Public Service Commission or GPSC acts as the civil service commission responsible for recruiting numerous state government officials. The commission foresees the state government employees working under its umbrella. Thousands dream of clearing the GPSC examination every year, but it’s only the best who prepare and show resilience to be worthy of the vacant positions.
Due to the pandemic, many of the previously announced dates stand altered, but here are the details you might need:
GPSC 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC)|
|Vacant Posts||State Tax Inspector|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains|
GPSC 2021 Notification
As per advertisement number 139/2020-2021, the GPSC has notified a few important details about the State Tax Inspector recruitment exam 2021. You can view it here.
GPSC Exam Dates 2021
The online application timeframe for GPSC 2021 has already passed. While the specific dates for the exam haven’t yet been finalized, you can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|GPSC Notification Date||16 March 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||16 March 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||31 March 2021|
|GPSC Prelims Exam||25 July 2021|
|GPSC Prelims Result||September 2021|
|GPSC Mains Exam||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for GPSC Posts
Here are the eligibility criteria for the post of Gujarat State Tax Inspector:
- You must have a graduate degree in any discipline from any of the colleges recognized by the State government
- You must possess a rudimentary knowledge of Computer Application
- You must know Gujarati and/or Hindi
- You must have completed 20 years of age, as of the last date of the application form submission
GPSC Age Limit:
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
- Minimum Age: 20
- Maximum Age: 35
Note: Dates are calculated as of 31 March 2021.
GPSC Age Relaxation:
|Ex-serviceman or Officers||5 years||5 years|
|PwD||Up to 10 years||Up to 10 years|
GPSC Exam Application Fee
- General/ OBC: INR 100
- SC/ST: Nil
GPSC 2021 Application Form
It had been notified that the GPSC online applications were available from the following dates:
16 March 2021 to 31 March 2021
You can apply for GPSC recruitment 2021 here.
Steps to Apply for GPSC Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the GPSC exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and register yourself with your personal and contact details.
- Fill out the GPSC application form 2021.
- Upload the required scanned photographs and documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted form for future reference.
The admit cards for the GPSC exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards when they are uploaded.
List of Vacancies
You can find more about the list of vacancies below:
GPSC Selection Process
The GPSC 2021 recruitment takes place in 2 steps:
- Prelims Exam/Screening Test of 200 marks on General Studies
- Mains Exam of 400 marks on numerous topics such as written/descriptive topics, general studies, English language, Gujarati language
GPSC Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
|Prelims Exam||Screening Test: 200 marks Subject: General Studies Duration: 120 Minutes|
|Mains Exam||Written (Descriptive): 400 marks Gujarati Language: 100 marks (3 hours) English Language: 100 marks (3 hours) General Studies: 100 marks (3 hours) General Studies II: 100 marks (3 hours)|
GPSC Exam 2021 Syllabus
|GPSC Prelims General Studies||History/ Cultural Heritage/ Indian Polity/ Indian Economy/ Geography/ Science & Technology/ Logical & analytical ability/ Current Affairs|
|Gujarati||English||General Science I||General Science II|
|Essay writing/ Translation / Area of thoughts/ Discussion paper/ Correspondence / Media statement / Gujarati grammar||Essay writing/ Report writing/ Letter writing/ Writing on provided visual information / Formal speech/ Precis writing/ Reading comprehension/ Topics from English grammar/ Translation||History/ Cultural Heritage/ Geography/ Science & Technology||Indian Polity/ Ethics/ Commerce & Management/ Indian Economy/ Current Affairs|
GPSC 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the GPSC exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
GPSC Exam 2021 Cut-offs
GPSC has released the Prelims 2021 cut off. Here's an idea:
|Categories||Cutoff||Cut off with 10% relaxation for PH or Ex-serviceman|
GPSC Job Profile
Here’s what the GPSC recruitment posts primarily include:
- Overseeing tax handling
- Maintaining revenue basis
- Upholding government schemes and policies
- Implementing apt tax deductions and exemptions
- Advise on tax-related queries
GPSC Recruitment Salary Details
Here's how the GPSC State Tax Inspector pay scale looks like:
- Fix Pay for 5 years: INR 38,090
- Pay Matrix level 7: INR 39,900 TO 1,26,600
GPSC Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the GPSC 2021 Exam:
- Every topic is equally important in the GPSC exam, so never skip any topic.
- Be thorough with State-board books.
- Study the economic trends, history, geography, and polity from India and Gujarat's perspectives.
- Practice last years question papers from the official website.
- Practice your speaking skills for the interview.
- Read State-specific newspapers.
GPSC Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for GPSC:
GPSC 2021 Books
- NCERT Class 11th/ 12th Economy books
- Indian Economy: Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy: Sriram IAS
- GCERT Arthashastra: Class 11th & 12th
- Bhartiya Arthtantra and Aayojan: World In Box Publication
- Bharat Nu Arthtantra: Yuva Upanishad Publication
- NCERT Class 9th/10th/11th/12th Geography books
- Bharat Ek Bhugool: Majid Hussain
- Bhautik Bhugool: Universal Granthnirman Board
- Bharat ni Bhugool: Y. P. Pathak
- Bhugool Ek Abhyas: Krishna Publication
- Census 2011
- Oxford Atlas
Science & Technology:
- NIOS resources
- Vigyan and Technology: World In Box Publication
- Vigyan and Technology: Yuva Upanishad Publication
- Science & Technology Magazine PT 365: Vision IAS
- Shankar IAS book for Environment
- Environment Magazine PT 365: Vision IAS
General Mental Ability:
- Quantitative Aptitude: R. S. Aggarwal
- Reasoning Ability: R. S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude: Arihant Publication
- Reasoning Ability: Arihant Publication
- Ganatari Sambhandhit Kshamta: Akshar Publication
- Tarkik Kasoti: Akshar Publication
- Ganatari Sambhandhit Kshamta and Tarkik Kasoti: Liberty Publication
- Newspaper: The Hindu, Indian Express, etc.
- Drishti Current Affairs Magazine: Drishti IAS
- Vision IAS Current Affairs Magazine: Vision IAS
- Yojana Magazine
- Kurukshetra Magazine
- Vartamaan Pravaah: Yuva Upanishad Publication
- Objective General English: S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- High School Grammar: Wren and Martin.
- Plinth to Paramount: Neetu.
- Previous Year questions of SSC: Kiran Prakashan.
- English: S. Chand Publication
- Plinth to Paramount English book
- Lucent English Book
- Gujarati Grammar: Akshar Publication
- Akshar Gujarati Vyakaran: Akshar Publication
- Gujarati Grammar: Astha Academy
- Gujarati Grammar: Anamika Academy
- Gujarati Lekhan Paddhati: Raman Soni
Commerce & Management:
- Principles of Management: Harold Kootz & Cyril J.O’Donnell
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy: Kenneth Kurihara
- Economic Growth and Development: Mayer and Baldwin
- NCERT Class 11th/ 12th Economy books
GPSC Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Your mind should be fresh while sitting down to study. There should be as few distractions as possible.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centres around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keeping track of the GPSC exam 2021 details will help you inch closer to your dream employment at GPSC. Make sure you note down your application number and pay the application fee in time.
Arrange for proper internet connectivity and a working mobile/PC to successfully register yourself and submit your online application form. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the GPSC 2021 exam with flying colours!