- Team Edural
Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation Ltd. (GETCO) released the official notification for Junior Engineer (Vidyut Sahayak) on its official website. A total of **** 352 vacancies are released for GETCO JE 2021 Recruitment, out of which 300 are for Junior Engineer Electrical & 52 for Junior Engineer Civil. The vacancies for GETCO JE are expected to be increased further.
GETCO JE HIGHLIGHTS:
|Conducting body||Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation Ltd.|
|Name of the post||Junior Engineer (Vidyut Sahayak) in Electrical & Civil Engineering Dept.|
|Online Application Date||18to 9 July 2021, 9:15 am (revised)|
|Selection Process for GETCO JE||Online Written Examination consisting of MCQs|
GETCO JE IMPORTANT DATES:
|Notification release date||10 June 2021|
|Online registration start date||18 June 2021|
|Last date to apply for GETCO JE 2021||09 July 2021, 9:15 am|
|GETCO JE examination date 2021||To be announced|
|GETCO JE result date||To be announced|
GETCO JE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
GETCO JE Electrical Engineering:
- Candidates must have completed their B.E./B. Tech in Electrical or B.E/B. Tech in Electronics & Electricals from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidates must have at least 55% aggregate marks in the 7th & 8th Semester examination passed at first trial without ATKT.
GETCO JE Civil Engineering:
- Candidates must have completed their B.E./B. Tech in Civil Engineering from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidates must have at least 55% aggregate marks of the 7th & 8th Semester examination passed at first trial without ATKT.
Eligibility Criteria for GETCO JE (Vidyut Sahayak)
Candidates applying for GETCO JE in Electrical & Civil Engineering must know computer operations & good command of English & Gujarati languages.
GETCO JE Age Limit
The age limit for GETCO JE 2021 Examination will be calculated as of 20 June 2021.
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||35 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Socially & Educationally Backward Class (SEBC).||40 years|
|Category||Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|PWD Candidates||10 years|
|Female Candidate||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||As per rules of the Government of Gujarat|
|Dependent of Retired Employee of GETCO||Up to 40 years|
GETCO JE APPLICATION FEE:
|General/ OBC||INR 500/-|
HOW TO APPLY FOR GETCO JE:
Step I: Registration for GETCO JE
- Visit the GETCO official website.
- Click on the latest news section & then on the 'GETCO Application for Vidyut Sahayak/ Junior Engineer- Electrical/Civil.
- As you click on it, the site will open a new page to apply online.
- Click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Read the instructions & tick the check box.
- Enrol yourself by providing your necessary details, such as your name, contact details.
- Once registered, you will receive a Registration ID & password on your registered mobile number & email ID. The same will be presented on your screen as well.
Step II: Completion of GETCO JE Application form
- Once registered successfully, log in with the Registration ID & password.
- Complete the application form by providing your details, exam centre, communication address, educational qualification.
- After that, upload your photograph & signature in the correct size & dimensions.
- Check the details entered before making the fee payment.
- Pay the asked amount of the application fee.
- Make sure to take a printout of the GETCO JE/Vidyut Sahayak, as you will need it at a later stage.
GETCO JE ADMIT CARD:
Once all the applicants have filled up the GETCO JE Application Form 2021, they shall be shortlisted to appear for the online examination. To appear for the GETCO Vidyut Sahayak Exam 2021, the GETCO JE Admit Card 2021 shall be issued for them. The GETCO JE Call Letter shall be available for download on their website. You need to enter your login credentials to get your GETCO JE Admit Card.
GETCO JE VACANCY:
|GETCO JE Civil Junior Engineer||52|
|GETCO JE Electrical Junior Engineer||300|
GETCO JE RESERVE LIST:
GETCO JE SELECTION PROCES:
GETCO JE Selection Process is an online process. Candidates who apply successfully for GETCO Jr. Engineer Examination for Civil & Electrical Engineering need to appear for an online written test including objective-type questions. There are essentially three stages of the GETCO Jr. Engineer selection process:
- Online Written Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
GETCO JE EXAM PATTERN:
- GETCO JE Examination for both Civil & Electrical will be held in online mode.
- The question paper will be set in the English Language online.
- The normalization process will be used if the number of application forms for GETCO JE 2021 is received in large numbers.
- There shall be 100 Multiple-Choice Questions.
- The overall paper for Vidyut Sahayak GETCO JE will be 100 Marks, with each question being one mark.
- There shall also be a negative marking of 1/4 mark for every incorrect answer you mark in the online test.
GETCO JE Exam Pattern:
|Section||Subjects||Marks||Medium of Examination|
|III||Core Engineering Knowledge (Electrical/Civil)||60|
|IV||Gujarati Language & Grammar||10|
|Total||100||English Language only|
GETCO JE (Vidyut Sahayak) Marking Scheme
|Unanswered Question||0 (No Marks)|
GETCO JE SYLLABUS:
GETCO JE syllabus:
|Electrical Engineering||Design & Engineering & Power System Planning, Basics of Electrical Engineering, AC & DC Extra High Voltage Transmission & Network, Transmission Lines & Sub-Station Design & Equipment, DC Battery System, SCADA & Latest Electrical Equipment & Smart Grid Technology Renewable Energy (Solar, Wind etc.), Relay & Protections System, Capacitors, Reactors, Basic Knowledge of Information Technology etc., pertaining to Transmission Wing, Reactive Power.|
|Civil Engineering||Soil Mechanics, Basics of Civil Engineering, Designs & Constructions of Buildings which includes RCC Raft Foundation/ Pile Foundation, Building & Steel Super Structures, Water Supply System & Drainage Systems, Design of Buildings, Basic Knowledge of Information Technology, Construction of Transmission Tower Foundations & Transmission Colonies.|
|General Knowledge||Geography, History, Economy & Polity, Sports Events, Indian Nationalism Movement, Awards & Honours, Recent Developments, General Science, Computer Awareness, GK on Gujarat, Current Affairs.|
|English Knowledge||Active Passive Voice, Comprehension, Direct Indirect Speech, Complete the sentences, Antonyms & Synonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Phrase Replacement, Error Spotting/Phrase Replacement, Fill in the blanks with the correct word, Miscellaneous,, Para jumbles.|
|Computer Knowledge||Computer Abbreviations, Fundamentals of computer, Types of computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Networks, MS office, History of Computers, Internet & its uses, Computer shortcut keys, Components/Parts of a computer, Input & Output Devices, Web Browsers, Storage Devices with their capacity to store.|
|Gujarati Language & Grammar||કહેવતોનો અર્થ, રુઢિપ્રયોગોનો અર્થ અને વાકયમાં પ્રયોગ, જોડણી, સંધિ વિગ્રહ અને જોડાણ, સમાસનો વિગ્રહ અને ઓળખ, કર્તરિમાંથી કર્મણિ અને કર્મણિમાંથી કર્તરિમાં રૂપાંતર, વિરૂધાર્થ અને સમાનાર્થ, વાકયના પ્રકાર વિધિ વાકયમાંથી નિષેધ વાક્ય અને નિષેધ વાકયમાંથી વિધિ વાકયમાં રૂપાંતર, વાકયમાંથી વિધિ વાકયમાં રુપાંતર, વિધિ વાકયમાંથી પ્રશ્નાર્થ વાકય અને પ્રશ્નાર્થ, અનુગો અને નામયોગી, પુર્વ પ્રત્યય અને પર પ્રત્યય, વિશેષણ ક્રિયા વિશેષણ , કૃદંત, નિપાત|
GETCO JE Vidyut Sahayak Syllabus Subject-wise:
- English Knowledge
- General Knowledge
- Core Engineering Knowledge (Electrical/Civil)
- Gujarati Language & Grammar
- Computer Knowledge
GETCO JE RESULT:
GETCO JE Result 2021 shall be released on Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation Ltd. (GETCO)'s official website. In case of multiple shifts, the GETCO JE Result shall be published as per the normalization rules. Further, the answer key of GETCO Vidyut Sahayak shall be published along with the result. The final GETCO JE answer key will be posted after scrutiny & validation by the expert authorities.
GETCO JE ANSWER KEY:
GETCO JE Answer Key 2021 shall be published on the GETCO website after completing the online examination. The GETCO JE Answer Key will be provisional where the candidates can object. To object against the GETCO Junior Engineer Answer Key for Civil & Electrical Engineering, the candidates must pay a certain fee within the prescribed time. Candidates can raise objections through online mode only. Further, you also must support your answer with valid documents.
The objections to the GETCO Vidyut Sahayak Online Examination will be received by the authorities & reviewed by experts.
GETCO JE CUT-OFF:
The following GETCO JE cut-off shall be used for the selection of fitting candidates. However, the result will be decided based on the maximum marks obtained by a candidate. The selection will be purely based on merit considering the number of vacancies & reservation rules by the corporation.
|Reserved category candidates||45%|
|Unreserved category candidates||50%|
GETCO JE SALARY:
|1st year||INR 37,000/- p.m.|
|2nd year||INR 39,000/- p.m.|
|3rd year||INR 39,000/- p.m.|
|4th year||INR 39,000/- p.m.|
|5th year||INR 39,000/- p.m.|
|After completion of 5 years at the Organization||INR 45,400/- to INR 1,01,200/-|
GETCO JE PREPARATION TIPS:
- ****The first action is to learn the importance of each topic from the examination point of view.
- Analyze the topics & make a list according to the weightage that will help lessen the deviation from the focused & essential areas.
- Divide the timetable as per the syllabus & make sure all the subjects (English Knowledge, General Knowledge, Core Engineering Knowledge (EE/CE), Computer Knowledge, Gujarati Language & Grammar) are covered & allotted time properly.
- Developing a proper study plan with small targets is always a better way.
- Consistency is the key to success, so reach all the topics but at a steady pace.
Previous Year Papers
- Previous questions papers provide a comprehensive source to assess the difficulty level, type of questions, proportion of various subjects & their respective topics, change in the pattern etc.
- It is highly advisable to practice previous years papers of at least ten years & special attention must be given to recent ones because these are based on current trends related to change in difficulty level & type of questions.
- Mock tests play a significant role in the preparation strategy. It gives the applicants a natural environment similar to the actual exam & is prepared by experts after rigorous analysis & research of the given examination.
- They are helpful in time management & give aspirants a clear idea concerning topics or questions to be prioritized & teach them to handle exam stress & being calm during the examination.
- Based on this, candidates can identify & analyze their weak & strong areas of subjects, parallelly accuracy & efficiency can also be improved daily.
- Always take revision seriously & prepare a different revision plan with your current study plan of the previously studied topics. It will keep all topics fresh in your mind.
- Revise your topics, build a strict schedule for revision & follow it rigorously.
- Practice the ‘Tips & Tricks, Create short notes & revise the Key Concepts as much as possible.
- The revision shall help you immensely to recall the concepts accurately & to boost your preparation.
GETCO JE PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS:
|GETCO JE 2015 paper-I||Click here|
|GETCO JE 2014 paper-I||Click here|
|GETCO JE 2014 paper-II||Click here|
|GETCO JE 2012 paper-I||Click here|
|GETCO JE 2012 paper-II||Click here|
|GETCO JE 2012 paper-III||Click here|
GETCO JE RECOMMENDED BOOKS:
GETCO JE topic-wise books:
|General Knowledge||General Knowledge by Lucent, General Knowledge Manual by Pearson, Static General Knowledge, General Knowledge 2021 by Manohar Pandey.|
|English Knowledge||High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin, Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan & Uma Sinha, General English for All Competitive Examinations by S.C. Gupta.|
|Computer Knowledge||Kiran’s Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy, Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts.|
|Gujarati Language & Grammar||Akshar publication latest edition Gujarati Vyakaran Parichay by Dr. Pratibha Shah, Dr. B. C. Rathod, Gujarati Vyakaran (For Competitive Exam) by Rudra Publications.|
GETCO JE Electrical Engineering books:
|Electrical Machinery (Edition 7)||P. S. Bimbhra|
|Electrical Power Systems (Edition 6)||C. L. Wadhwa|
|Control Systems Engineering (Edition 5)||I.J.Nagrath & M. Gopal|
|Signals & Systems (Edition 2)||Oppenheim Alan V, Willsky Alan S & Nawab S. Hamid|
|Power Electronics (Edition 5)||P.S.Bimbhra|
|A course in electrical and electronic measurements & instrumentation (Edition 7)||AK Sawhney|
|Engineering Electromagnetics (Edition 8)||John A Buck, William H Hayt|
GETCO JE Civil Engineering books:
|Structural Analysis||S Ramamrutham, Negi, C K Vang|
|Basic Civil Engineering||S S Bhavikatti|
|Design of Steel Structures||S.K. Duggal|
|Concrete Structures||H J Shah, Punamia & Jain|
|Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering||Venkata Ramaiah, Ranjan & Rao, S K Garg|
|Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||R K Bansal, Modi & Seth, Subramanyam|
|Irrigation||S K Garg|
|Civil Engineering Objective & Conventional Questions & Answer||R. Agor|
|Highway Engineering||Kadiyali, Khanna & Jasto|
|Civil Engineering (Objective Type)||P. Jaya Rami Reddy|
GETCO JE STUDY PLAN:
Start early: Starting preparing for the GETCO JE 2021 examination in the early phase helps you plan your studies & a suitable material, which one must have to crack the GETCO JE 2021 examination.
Get thorough with the Syllabus & Exam Pattern: You must go through the exam Syllabus & pattern, as your preparation will be based entirely on these two things. Good knowledge of the exam pattern gives you an idea about how to move ahead with GETCO JE exam preparation.
Know the weightage of your vital subjects: Information about the topic distribution in the question paper is an excellent strategy to be adapted. It helps you know the weightage of strong & weak areas & help you prepare accordingly. You can go through the previous question papers to see the weightage of portions &, consequently, concentrate on those topics which appear to have more questions & weightage in the question paper.
Usage of Reference Books is necessary: Many books are often named for sources by previous toppers, which would help GETCO JE preparation. While the students can use the textbooks for studying, it is recommended that extra books be looked into to boost & make your concepts strong.
Revision is the Principal Keyword: The most critical part of preparing for GETCO JE Exam is often revising. One should not be under any impression that revision will be done once the whole syllabus is finished. It's entirely wrong to revise after studying any topics or concepts or subjects not to forget what was absorbed. The revision will help in the understanding of the topics or concepts & make you more competent. It is also prudent to make notes that you can refer to later near the exam during revision. Also, solve the last 10 years' paper & check with solutions to avoid minor blunders. Doing this contributes highly to your preparation.
Remember to take care of your health at all times; it is crucial to bring you closer to establishing your dream career. We are glad to be a part of your GETCO JE journey, best wishes!