- Team Edural
ECGC or Export Credit Guarantee Corporation periodically conducts its customary recruitment process for a multiplicity of esteemed posts, including but not limited to that of a Probationary Officer (PO). An official notice is released announcing vacancies for each year however, note that ECGC is yet to release the official notification for the 2022 recruitment drive.
ECGC PO Recruitment 2022 At A Glance
|Organization||Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC)|
|Vacant Posts||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Total Vacancies||To be notified|
|Selection Process||Online objective exam, descriptive test, and personal interview|
ECGC PO Recruitment 2022 Notification
ECGC PO is yet to release the official notification for the recruitment exam of 2022. Once released, you can view it here.
ECGC PO Exam Dates 2022
The online application for ECGC PO 2022 is yet to begin. While the specific dates for the exam haven’t yet been finalized, you can find all the important notifications here in the table below once they are announced:
|Notification Date||To be notified|
|Online Application Starts from||To be notified|
|Online Application Ends on||To be notified|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||To be notified|
|Exam Date||To be notified|
|Personal Interview Date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for ECGC PO Posts
- You must have a Graduate degree in any discipline from a government-recognized University.
You must be citizen of India, a subject of Nepal or Bhutan to qualify for this exam. Additionally, candidates migrating from the following countries with an intention to settle in India permanently are also eligible to apply:
- Sri Lanka
Here is a the age limit you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant post of a PO:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
|OBC(Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Individuals originally domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Individuals affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
ECGC PO Exam Application Fee
The application fees for the ECGC PO 2022 exam are the following:
Note: The application fee is waived for SC/ST/PwD/Ex-Servicemen/Other candidates barring General and UR.
ECGC PO 2022 Application Form
The official notification from ECGC PO is yet to be released. The forms will be available online shortly. You can head here to view the notification, once released.
Steps to Apply for ECGC PO Recruitment 2022
If you are planning to sit for the ECGC PO recruitment exam of 2022, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the Official Website and click on the Career/Recruitment Page.
- Select the “New Registration” link.
- Duly fill out the application form by providing sufficient information.
- Upload requested photographs, scanned documents, and signature as asked.
- Read through your filled application form carefully and click on the Submit option.
- Pay the application fee and keep a copy of the receipt for future reference.
The admit cards for the ECGC PO exam 2022 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Provided below is the list of vacancies for ECGC PO 2021. You are advised to keep checking the official website to get a thorough idea of the category-wise vacancies of 2022, whenever released.
|Vacancies (subject to change)||09||04||15||05||25||58|
The reservation list for ECGC PO exam 2022 entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. ECGC PO exam 2022 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
A category-wise break-down of seats for the PO exam of 2022 is yet to be released by ECGC PO, but you must keep checking the official website for further details. You can check out the category-wise list of vacancies for 2021 under the 'List of Vacancies' subsection.
ECGC PO Exam 2022 Selection Process
The ECGC PO Exam 2022 takes place in the following steps:
- Online exam (objective)
- Descriptive test
- Personal interview
ECGC PO Exam 2022 Pattern
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
|1 Essay Writing||20||40 minutes for both|
|1 Precise Writing||20||40 minutes for both|
ECGC PO Exam 2022 Syllabus
|English Language||Sentence Arrangement, fill in the blanks, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Completion, Spotting Error, Idioms and Phrases, Antonyms, Para Completion, Synonyms, Error Correction, Substitution, Active and Passive Voice, Joining Sentences, Error Correction, Prepositions, Passage Completion|
|General Awareness||Indian Economy, Current affairs pertaining to India and the World, Indian Geography, Institutions engaged in environmental conservations at state, national and international level, Environment, Indian Polity|
|Reasoning Ability||Logical Reasoning, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Alphabet Test/Direction, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle, Tabulation, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input-Output, Coding and Decoding|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Profit and Loss, Mixtures and Allegations, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Surds and Indices, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration (Cylinder, Cone, Sphere), Data Interpretation, Ratio, Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence and Series, Permutation, Combination, and Probability|
|Computer Knowledge||Basic computer operations, Computer hardware and software, memory of computer, storage, number system, computer languages and operating systems, networking and internet, email, technical maintenance and security|
ECGC PO 2022 Interview
The dates for the ECGC PO interview are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the interview dates when they are uploaded.
ECGC PO 2022 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the ECGC PO exam 2022 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
ECGC PO Exam 2022 Cut offs
The cut off list for 2022 is yet to be released by ECGC PO. You can check the updated cut offs on the official website once released.
ECGC PO Job Profile
Here’s what the ECGC PO posts entail:
- Acting as an export insurance provider
- Conversing with bankers and exporters alike
- Handling export transactions
- Working 5 days a week
- Staying in one place for 3 years before getting posted elsewhere
ECGC PO Salary Details
Here’s what the salary structure for ECGC PO posts look like:
|Basic Pay||INR 32,795|
|Basic Pay after 14 years||INR 55,335|
|Maximum Basic Pay||INR 62,315|
|Total Salary Per Annum||INR 12 LPA to INR 17 LPA|
ECGC PO 2022 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the ECGC PO exam papers:
- Information Technology and its applications
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Here is a list of the time duration allotted for the exam:
- Online test: 140 minutes
- Descriptive test: 40 minutes
Points to note:
- The total marks and the total number of questions for the online exam is 200.
- The total marks for the descriptive exam is 40 and the total number of questions is 2.
- The overall difficulty level of the exam is moderate.
- The English section was considerably easy.
- The Quantitative Aptitude section maintained a moderate difficulty level.
- The Reasoning Ability section was comparatively more difficult than the rest.
Detailed Difficulty Level:
|English Language||Easy to Moderate|
|Computer Knowledge||Easy to Moderate|
|English language||28 to 32|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30 to 34|
|Reasoning Ability||30 to 32|
|General Awareness||18 to 20|
|Computer Knowledge||12 to 15|
|Overall Good Attempt||120+|
Be thorough with each of these topics, and keep track of time.
The ECGC PO 2022 exam is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs, you are good to go!
ECGC PO Recruitment 2022 Preparation Tips
If you are aspiring to bag a ECGC PO vacant post, here are some tips to keep a note of:
- Ensure you allot enough time for every subcategory of the question paper and pay special attention to those sections that fluster you more.
- Regularly practice and know more about aptitude and reasoning questions, for they form an integral part of the paper.
- As for the personal interview, make sure you are all caught up in matters related to current affairs.
- Hone your public speaking skills and correct your body language.
ECGC PO Exam Question Papers
Here are a few model question papers for the ECGC PO exam:
ECGC PO Recruitment Exam Books
For English Language:
- Objective General English: S P Bakshi
- High School Grammar: Wren and Martin
- Plinth to Paramount: Neetu
- Previous Year questions of SSC: Kiran Prakashan
- English: S. Chand Publication
- Plinth to Paramount English book
- Lucent English Book
For Reasoning Ability:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning: R. S. Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning: M.K. Pandey
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: A.K. Gupta
- A Mirror of Common Errors: Dr Ashok Kumar Singh
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams: R. S. Agarwal
- NCERT Math
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths: M Tyra
- Advance Maths: Rakesh Yadav
For Computer Knowledge:
- Objective Computer science and Information Technology: G. K. Mithal
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams: Arihant Publishers
- Computer Awareness: Soumya Ranjan Behera
For General Awareness:
- A People’s Constitution: Rohit De
- Lucent’s General Knowledge: Binay Karna and SP Suman
- Arihant’s General Knowledge: Manohar Pandey
- Manorama Yearbook 2020: Mammen Mathew
ECGC PO 2022 Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make the most out of them:
- Your mind should be fresh while sitting down to study. There should be as few distractions as possible.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centers around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works pertaining to the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keep track of the ECGC PO exam 2022 by checking the official website regularly. It will help you inch closer to your dream employment at ECGC PO. Fill out the application form carefully and pay the fee in due time.
Prepare well and start early. Pay attention to details and make a note to be aware of your status quo. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the ECGC PO 2022 exam with flying colors!