- Team Edural
CMAT is a national level examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into AICTE approved management programmes offered by participating institutions in the country. This year, CMAT was conducted on 31 March 2021 and results were declared on 10 April 2021. It's never too early to start your preparation! Find all the details for CMAT 2022 here -
CMAT 2022 - At a glance
|Exam name||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||180 + 30(optional) minutes|
|Date of Examination||to be announced|
|Selection process||Computer based examination followed by GD and PI conducted by respective institutions.|
|Examination purpose||For admission into PG management courses.|
|Latest update||CMAT 2021 results out. Click here to check CMAT 2021 results.|
Link to Official Notification
Will be updated.
CMAT 2022 Important dates
|CMAT 2022 registration begins||November 2021 (expected)|
|Admit card release||January 2022 (expected)|
|CMAT 2022 examination date||January 2022 (expected)|
|Release of answer key||February 2022 (expected)|
|Declaration of results||February 2022 (expected)|
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2022
- Graduates and final year degree students from any recognised university are eligible to apply.
- There is no limitation for the discipline of graduation. Graduates of any background can apply.
The following reservations apply for Institutions run by the Central Government-
|Category||% Reservation of seats|
|PWD (>40% disability)||5% in each category|
CMAT 2022 Application fee
|General (Male)||₹ 2,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD/Transgender/Female candidates||₹ 1,000|
Mode of Payment : Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI
How to Apply for CMAT 2022
The official website for CMAT 2022 will be active when the registration process begins.
- Go to the CMAT 2022 website.
- Click on "New Registration"
- Enter your details and set a password for your profile.
- On successful registration, an application number will be generated.
- Use the login credentials (Application number and password) and log into your profile to continue with your application form.
- Enter all the details asked and upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee. Wait for payment confirmation.
- A confirmation page will be generated with all the entered details. Take a printout of this page for future reference.
The NTA will provide a correction window to correct any mistakes made in the application form. Stay connected with the official website.
CMAT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card will be available for download one week before the examination date.
CMAT is conducted to facilitate admissions into MBA programs across the country. Aspirants must apply separately for CMAT participating institutions they are interested in with their CMAT scores. The NTA will not conduct any centralised counselling for all attending candidates. Hence admission into MBA programs through CMAT happens in two stages -
- Admission of applicants to counselling based on their CMAT scores.
- GD and PI rounds conducted by the respective institutions.
CMAT 2022 Examination Pattern
|Section||Number of questions||Marks|
|Quantitative techniques and data interpretation||25||100|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)||25||100|
Marking Scheme: All questions will be of objective type.
- Correct answer: + 4 marks
- Wrong answer: - 1 marks
- Unattempted: 0 marks
CMAT 2022 Syllabus
|Quantitative techniques and data interpretation||Probability|
|Logical reasoning||Blood Relationship Tests|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs of National and International Economy|
|Language comprehension||Reading comprehension|
The Syllabus for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will be updated soon.
CMAT 2022 Results
Will be updated.
CMAT 2022 Cut-off
NTA doesn't specify any cut-off marks for CMAT. The admitting institutions set their cut-offs separately. Check out the CMAT 2021 cut off for top management colleges here -
|Institute Name||Cut off- Percentile/ Score|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai||99.99 percentile (Minimum 335)|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.8 percentile (Minimum 302)|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20 percentile|
|We School Mumbai||99.06 percentile|
|Pune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA DMS)||96.42 percentile (Minimum 262)|
|XISS Ranchi||95 percentile (Minimum 255)|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27 percentile|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School (ABBS), Bangalore||90 percentile (Minimum 234)|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85 percentile|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||82 percentile|
|IFIM Business School, Bangalore||85 Percentile|
|Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai||85 percentile|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75 percentile|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune||75 percentile|
|Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Bangalore||85 percentile|
CMAT 2021 Exam analysis
CMAT 2021 was conducted on 31 March 2021, and 52327 candidates appeared for this examination. The CMAT 2021 overall difficulty level was moderate to difficult.
Section-wise analysis -
|Quantitative techniques and data interpretation||Moderate-difficult||Many questions were asked from Arithmetic, Algebra, Permutations and combinations, Probability and Mensuration. Questions from data interpretations were moderately difficult.|
|Logical reasoning||Easy-Moderate||Questions had close options, but overall the section was easy.|
|General awareness||Difficult||Many questions were asked from static GK. Questions based on the Education system and new Education policies were asked.|
|Language comprehension||Easy-Moderate||14 Questions were asked based on reading comprehension.|
A new section was introduced in the syllabus - Innovation and Entrepreneurship, an initiative taken by the Government to encourage Entrepreneurship. Twenty-five questions were asked from this section. The Innovation and Entrepreneurship section was OPTIONAL.
Preparation tips for CMAT 2022
- Break down the syllabus and get familiar with the examination pattern. Information given in this article should give you a head start on your preparation.
- Focus on completing the syllabus and then move on to solving previous years papers and attempting mock tests.
- Practice solving questions from each section. Some books are recommended in this article that should help you with your preparation. There are plenty of resources and infinite practice questions available on the internet.
Preparation tips for GD/PI rounds
- The first impression is very crucial in an interview. Dress formally and pay attention to your body language and the tone of your voice.
- Display your assertiveness. You can easily impress the panel with your confidence and charisma. Make yourself clear.
- In group discussions, do not stand back in taking the lead. Leadership is one of the most desired qualities within the candidate. However, being a team player is also essential in group discussions.
- Improve your English speaking skills and vocabulary by regular practice.
Recommended Books for CMAT 2022
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation -
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examination||Abhijit Guha|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive examination||RS Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|How to prepare for Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
Logical Reasoning -
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Arihant Publications|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
Language comprehension -
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
General Knowledge -
|Newspapers||Economic Times, The Financial Times, Business Today, Hindu Business Line, The Hindu, Financial Express, Business World, Wall Street Journal|
|Magazines||Competition Success Review, Forbes, The Economist, Consumer Reports|
Study Plan for CMAT 2022
Make a Schedule - divide the syllabus into small topics and allot time for each of those according to the priority list prepared by you before starting. Dedicate two hours at the end of each day for revision. Do not overload yourself for a single day. Remember to take breaks in between. Distribute the syllabus throughout the preparation period.
Solve old question papers - Solving these will help you get familiar with the exam pattern and type of questions asked.
Pay attention to time management - Solving a maximum number of questions in the stipulated time is challenging. Time yourself whenever you are cracking an old question paper or attempting a mock test. Stay aware of your time management skills and try to improve them for practising more.
Speed up your math - practice as many questions from quantitative aptitude as possible. By regular exercise, you can improve your solving time.
Sit and visualise yourself, starting with the exam preparation. The rest will follow!