- Team Edural
The CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a qualifying exam for many prestigious law institutions in the country. The Consortium of National Law Universities is the institution that conducts CLAT every year in an attempt to ensure and better facilitate higher standards of legal education in the country. As such, it remains one of the more prestigious exams to qualify in the field of law.
CLAT Examination 2021 Notification
The Consortium of National Law Universities has released the CLAT 2021 notification on 26 December 2020 on their website, which you can check out here.
CLAT Examination-2021 Important Dates
|CLAT 2021 Notification release||26 December 2021|
|CLAT online application portal opens||1 January 2021|
|Last date to Apply Online for CLAT 2021||15 June 2021|
|Form Correction window begins||1 July 2021|
|Form Correction window ends||4 July 2021|
|CLAT Admit card release||to be announced|
|CLAT Exam Date 2021||23 July 2021|
|CLAT Result 2021||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT Examination-2021
The UG applicant should have completed their 10+2 in any stream or subject from a government recognized institute.
- General or OBC candidates have to pass with at least 45% marks in their respective qualifying exam.
- SC/ST candidates have to pass with at least 40% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Candidates who have yet not appeared for their qualifying exams may also apply. Note that such candidates have to submit a proof of passing at a later date.
- There is no upper age restriction for candidates appearing for CLAT 2021.
CLAT Examination 2021 Application Fee
How to Apply for CLAT Examination 2021
- Visit the official website of CLAT.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the CLAT application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
CLAT Examination 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official CLAT website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
CLAT Examination 2021 Reservation List
The CLAT examination has no official reservation list, however, each National Law University (NLU) and miscellaneous college under CLAT offers its own reservation policies.
Candidates are advised to check the NLU-specific reservation lists on the official website of their preferred college/university.
CLAT Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of an offline test, followed by a counselling session where candidates are allotted seats in their preferred institutes based on their form preference and CLAT ranking.
CLAT Examination 2021 Pattern
|CLAT 2021||Exam Details|
|Duration of CLAT||2 hours (02:00 to 04:00 PM)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Total Marks||120 marks|
|Marking scheme||Incorrect Response: - 0.25 mark/ Correct Response: 1 mark|
CLAT Examination 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||National & International Affairs, Schemes, Science and Technology, Summits and Conferences, Sports, Awards and Honors, Arts and Culture, Important Historical Events.|
|English/Comprehension||350-500 words comprehension passage.|
|Legal Reasoning||Supreme Court Judgments, Recent acts and amendments of the legislature, Important points from Contract law, Criminal law, Constitutional law, Legal and current affairs, Relevant international events.|
|Quantitative Techniques||Charts, bars, graphs and similar graphical representations.|
|Logical Reasoning||Syllogism, Statement and Assumption, Statement and Course of Action, Statement and Arguments, Cause and Effect, Statement and Inference, Weakening and Strengthening arguments.|
CLAT Examination 2021 Results
The CLAT 2021 examination results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
CLAT Examination 2021 Cut-off
The following table shows the cut-off ranks for the year 2019. 2020 and later cut offs will be updated as they are released on the official website.
|National Law Universities (NLUs)||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|NLU Odisha Cuttack||465||879|
CLAT Examination Analysis
Here candidates can find an estimated breakdown of different question sections and the topics they pertain to:
|English Language||28 to 32 questions|
|Current Affairs/General Knowledge||35 to 39 questions|
|Legal Reasoning||35 to 39 questions|
|Logical Reasoning||28 to 32 questions|
|Quantitative Techniques||13 to 17 questions|
Preparation Tips for CLAT Examination 2021
Candidates preparing for CLAT Examination 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers will help candidates gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of CLAT preparations. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides in order to gain that competitive edge.
- Keeping an eye on current affairs and local as well as international news is a big part of learning organically. Working smart is equally important as working hard.
CLAT Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers by following these links:
Candidates can check out the official website for more details on previous years papers.
Recommended Books for CLAT Examination 2021
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R.S. Agarwal|
|A People’s Constitution||Rohit De|
|High School English Grammar, and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|The Constitution of India: Miracle, Surrender, Hope||Rajeev Dhavan|
|Data interpretation||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
Study Plan for CLAT Examination 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking CLAT should plan to do the following:
- Read books on English phrases and idioms.
- Practice relevant quizzes online on a regular basis.
- Studying annual knowledge encyclopedias such as the Manorama Yearbook is a good way to keep in touch with the various important national and international events in a year.
- Get into a habit of reading newspapers daily, especially The Hindu.
- Keep in touch with the PIB (Public Information Bureau) updates.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification.
Make sure to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding CLAT 2021. Keep your payment ID handy after paying for your form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies. Start preparations as early as possible and avoid unnecessary stress. Remember, the mind is strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, have faith in your preparations and the hard work you've put in. All the best!