- Team Edural
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission or CGPSC serves as the civil service commission handling the recruitment of several state government officials. CGPSC oversees the state government employees operating under its scrutiny.
Due to the pandemic, many of the previously announced dates stand altered, but here are the details you might need:
CGPSC 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC)|
|Vacant Posts||State Services|
|Selection Process||CGPSC Prelims Exam, CGPSC Mains Exam, Interview|
CGPSC 2021 Notification
As per the notification, the CGPSC Prelims will be held soon. While the dates have been postponed from the initial schedule, you can view it here when it is announced.
CGPSC Exam Date 2021
The online application for CGPSC 2021 has already closed. While the specific dates for the exam haven’t yet been finalized, you can find all the important notifications here in the table below:
|CGPSC Notification Date||6 April 2021|
|Start Date for Online Application||9 April 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||8 May 2021|
|Application Form Correction Start Date||9 May 2021|
|Application Form Correction End Date||15 May 2021|
|Admit Card||To be notified|
|CGPSC Prelims Exam||To be notified|
|CGPSC Prelims Answer-key Release||To be notified|
|CGPSC Mains Exam||To be notified|
|CGPSC Interview||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for CGPSC Posts
Luckily for CGPSC employees, the CGPSC recruitment exam doesn’t have stringent eligibility criteria. Here’s how it looks like:
- A graduate degree from a recognized state university in any field of discipline
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
- Those domiciled at Chhattisgarh: relaxation of up to 5 years
Note: The calculations are to be done as of January 1, 2020
CGPSC Exam Application Fee
|UR OR Other candidates out of Chhattisgarh||INR 400|
|SC,ST, OR OBC Candidates of Chhattisgarh||INR 300|
CGPSC 2021 Application Form
It had been notified that the CGPSC online applications were available from the following dates:
14 December 2020 to 12 January 2021
You can apply for CGPSC recruitment 2021 here.
Steps to Apply for CGPSC Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the CGPSC exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and register yourself with your personal and contact details.
- Fill out the CGPSC application form 2021.
- Upload the required scanned photographs and documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted form for future reference.
The admit cards for the CGPSC exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
You can find more about the list of vacancies below:
|State Civil Service||30|
|State Police Service||6|
|Chhattisgarh Finance Service||15|
|Food Officer / Assistant Director||1|
|State Tax Assistant Commissioner||5|
|District Excise Officer||4|
|Child Development Project Officer||4|
|Chief Municipal Officer||6|
|Chhattisgarh Subordinate Service Nayab||15|
|Excise Sub Inspector||17|
|Assistant Jail Officer||14|
IBPS Clerk 2021 Reservation List
The reservation list for IBPS Clerk entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
To know more about the vacant seats and reservation guidelines, visit the official site.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process
The IBPS Clerk 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
CGPSC Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
There are 2 crucial stages in the admission process for CGPSC 2021:
Stage I consists of the Preliminary exam:
You must appear for both the Mains and Prelims exams to qualify for the roles.
Stage II or the Mains exam consists of 7 papers.
You can check the CGPSC 2021 Mains exam pattern in the table below:
|Paper-I||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-II||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-III||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-IV||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-V||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-VI||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-VII||200 Marks||3 hours|
CGPSC Exam 2021 Syllabus
The Prelims syllabus consists of the following:
|Part I||Static subjects such as history, polity, geography, and so on, as well as general knowledge of current affairs.|
|Part II||Chhattisgarh-centric current affairs|
As for the Mains syllabus, each of the 7 papers handles a separate topic. Here's what it looks like:
|Paper I||Language||Chhattisgarhi language, General Sanskrit, English, and Hindi|
|Paper II||Essay||2 essays on National issues faced by India/ Issues faced by Chhattisgarh|
|Paper III||History, Constitution, Public Administration||Indian history/Chhattisgarh history and its role in the National Movement/Indian National Movement/Indian Constitution/Public Administration|
|Paper IV||Science, Technology, Environment||Biology/Physics/Chemistry/Environment/Technology|
|Paper V||Economics, Geography||Indian economics/ Planning/ Geography and Economics of Chhattisgarh/ Agriculture, Forest, Industry, Natural Resource of Chhattisgarh|
|Paper VI||Mathematics, Logical Ability||Rational Numbers and Coordinate Geometry/ Binary Digital System/ Data Analysis/ Logical Reasoning|
|Paper VII||Philosophy, Sociology||Indian Philosophy/ Yoga/ Sociological perspective/ Tribes and Art and Culture of Chhattisgarh|
CGPSC 2021 Interview
The dates for the CGPSC interview are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the interview dates when they are uploaded.
CGPSC 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the CGPSC exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
CGPSC Exam 2021 Cut-offs
The cut-offs for CGPSC 2021 Prelims are:
The cut-offs for CGPSC 2021 Mains are yet to be announced.
CGPSC Job Profile
Here’s what the CGPSC recruitment posts primarily include:
- Maintaining law and order.
- Collecting land revenue and dealing with revenue-related court matters
- Implementing Union and State Government policies and schemes
- Working at the Block level
CGPSC Recruitment Salary Details
|Deputy District Magistrate/ Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent district jail/ Accounting Officer||Level-12: INR 56100|
|Commercial tax inspector||Level-9: INR 36100|
|Excise sub-inspector/ Assistant jail superintendent/ Deputy Registrar||Level-9: INR 28700|
CGPSC 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the CGPSC exam papers:
- Information Technology and its applications
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Be thorough with each of these topics, and keep track of time.
CGPSC Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the CGPSC 2021 Exam:
- Make sure you have prepared a fixed schedule for your daily preparation.
- Be thorough with Chhattisgarh State-board books.
- Develop reading habits that enhance your knowledge in history, geography, polity, and sciences.
- Practice last years question papers and sample papers.
- Practice your speaking skills for the interview.
- Read State-specific newspapers.
- Sit for numerous mock tests.
CGPSC Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for CGPSC:
For the CGPSC Mains exam, be thorough with the Indian and Bengal economy, polity, and society in general.
CGPSC 2021 Books
CGPSC General Studies
- Chhatisgarh GS Part-1: Dr.Manoj Agrawal
- Chhatisgarh Rajya Seva Pariksha: Arihant
- NCERT New Economics and politics syllabus 6th-10th grade.
- General Aptitude for CGPSC Paper-II: Arihant
- Chhatisgarh GS Part-2: Dr.Manoj Agrawal
- General Aptitude: RK Agrawal.
- General English: Pratiyogita Saransh
- Chhattisgarhi Bhasha Avam Vyakaran: Hariram Patel.
- Essays For CGPSC civil Services Examinations: Ramesh Singh
- Compulsory English: A P Bhardwaj
- Chhattisgarh Ka Itihas: Yuvachar Publication
- Ancient and Medieval History: Competition Community
- History of Modern India: Bipan Chandra
- Indian Art & Culture: Nitin Singhania
- India’s Struggle for Independence: Bipan Chandra
- History of Medieval India: Satish Chandra
- India’s Ancient Past: RS Sharma
- The Wonder That Was India: A.L. Basham
- History of Modern World: Jain and Mathur
- Mastering Modern World History: Norman Lowe
- India After Gandhi: Ramchandra Guha
- Mastering Modern World History: Norman Lowe
- Age of Revolution 1789-1848: Eric Hobsbawm
- Europe Since Napoleon: David Thompson
- The social basis of Democracy & Dictatorship: B.J. Moore
CGPSC Science, Technology and Environment
- Environment: Competition Community
- Encyclopedia of General Science: Arihant
- Technology: Competition Community
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology: NCERT books from 6th-12th grade
- Certificate Physical Geography: G C Leong
- NCERT VI to X Old Syllabus
- NCERT XI-XII New Syllabus
- Economy: Competition Community
- Indian Economy: Dr Manoj Agrawal
- Indian Geography: Competition Community
- Indian Economy: Ramesh Singh
- Policies in India and Economic Development: Jain & Ohri
- NCERT 10th grade
CGPSC Polity and General Science
- Samajshastra: B.K. Nayak
- Advance Computer Awareness: Youth Competition Times
- Indian Polity: M. Laxmikanth
- India’s Foreign Policy: Rajiv Sikri
CGPSC Study Plan
Here's how you should plan your study hours to make to most out of them:
- Keep a fresh mind when you sit down to study. Make sure there are few distractions. It is essential to have a calm mind to retain the information you learn.
- Divide your focus on your speaking skills and your theoretical knowledge.
- Make sure you have the previous years' papers and a few mock test centres around, to sit for practice tests.
- Keep your eyes and ears open so that you are always up to date with current affairs. This is one of the best ways to learn. Watch news channels, read newspapers and magazines.
- If reading too many books get exhausting, switch to alternative modes of learning that are more interesting: watch videos related to your study topics, find out movies and literary works on the core themes that will help you learn without sitting down and burying your head in a book.
Keeping track of the CGPSC exam 2021 details will aid you to get closer to your dream job at CGPSC. Do note your application number and the last date of submission for the fee and the application form.
Prepare well before the exams and practice instilling confidence within yourself. Go through the syllabi and exam patterns carefully to ace the CGPSC 2021 exam with ease!