- Team Edural
The Bank of Baroda conducts its periodic recruitment process for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) every year, and this year’s announcement is long overdue. If you are sitting for the Bank of Baroda PO 2021 recruitment exam, you must be aware that there are 2 stages of the hiring process: online tests and GD + personal interview.
Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment 2021 At A Glance
|Organization||Bank of Baroda|
|Vacant Posts||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Total Vacancies||600+ (expected)|
|Selection Process||Online exam, GD, personal interview|
Bank of Baroda PO Exam Notification
Bank of Baroda is yet to release the official dates for the Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment 2021 exam but here are the key details:
Bank of Baroda PO Exam Date 2021
The online application for Bank of Baroda PO 2021 is yet to begin. While the specific dates for the exam haven’t yet been finalized, you can find all the important notifications here in the table below once they are announced:
|Notification Date||To be notified|
|Start Date for Online Application||To be notified|
|Last Date for Online Application||To be notified|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||To be notified|
|Exam Date||To be notified|
|Personal Interview Date||To be notified|
|Group Discussion Date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for Bank of Baroda PO Posts
- A Graduate degree with at least 55% (and 50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any field of study from any recognized University or its equivalent as recognized by the Government of India
A prospective Bank of Baroda PO should be:
- An Indian citizen/ a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee migrating to India before January 1, 1962, with the intent of settling in India
- Those of Indian origin migrating from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries such as Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, and Vietnam with the intent of settling permanently in India
Here is a list of the age limits you have to adhere to for applying for the vacant posts:
- Minimum Age - 20
- Maximum Age - 28
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (ECOs, SSCOs with a resume of minimum 5 years military service)||5 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Those affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|PwD: SC/ST||15 years|
|PwD: OBC||13 years|
|PwD: General||10 years|
Bank of Baroda PO Exam Application Fee
Bank of Baroda PO 2021 Application Form
The official notification from the Bank of Baroda is yet to arrive. You can head to their official website to view the notification when it is released.
Steps to Apply for Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment 2021
If you are planning to sit for the Bank of Baroda PO recruitment exam of 2021, here’s the application procedure you need to follow diligently:
- Go to the official website and click on the Career Page.
- Select the “New Registration” link, and register will contact details such as mail ID and phone number.
- Keep a note of the password, for that will be necessary later.
- Fill out the BoB PO application form by providing sufficient information.
- Upload photographs, scanned documents, and signature as asked.
- Read through your application form carefully and click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Pay the application fee and keep a copy of the receipt for future reference.
The admit cards for the BoB PO exam 2021 are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to get access to the admit cards.
List of Vacancies
Keep in mind that these are the EXPECTED number of vacancies as per previous years’ trends. The official list of vacancies for 2021 is yet to be released.
The reservation list for BoB PO exam entails reserving seats for the different categories of candidates appearing for the exam. The BoB PO exam 2021 follows the same reservation rules as mandated by the Government of India.
To know more about the vacant seats and reservation guidelines, visit the official site.
BoB PO 2021 Selection Process
The BoB PO 2021 recruitment takes place in the following steps:
- Online exam
- Personal interview
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Question Pattern
You can check the Bank of Baroda PO 2021 exam pattern in the table below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Language||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning/ Computer Aptitude||50||75||English & Hindi||2 Hours 30 minutes|
|English Language (Letter/ Essay Writing)||2||50||English||30 minutes|
Keep in mind:
- Wrong answer: 1/4th negative marking will be done
- You will be called for the GD and Personal interview following your selection in the online exam
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Syllabus
LOGICAL REASONING AND APTITUDE:
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series/Number Series/Alphabet Series
- Data sufficiency
- Images and Figure Counting
- Theory Topics.
- Computer Architecture.
- Computer Hardware.
- Data Representation.
- Memory and Data Storage.
- Computer Security and Ethics.
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Error
- Fill in the blank
- Cloze test
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Connectors
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Indian Constitution
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Budget and Five-Year Plans.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Scientific Research.
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Economy, Banking, and Finance.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- Countries & Capitals.
- General Politics etc.
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Interview
The dates for the personal interview and the group discussion are yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the interview dates when they are uploaded.
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Result
The dates for the declaration of results of the BoB PO exam 2021 is yet to be released by the officials. Keep checking the official website to know the result dates when they are uploaded.
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Cut offs
|Reasoning (out of 50)||11.25||11.25||11.25||16.5||11.25||11.25||11.25|
|English (out of 50)||7.5||7.5||7.5||11.75||7.5||7.5||7.5|
|General Awareness (out of 50)||5.25||5.25||5.25||8.75||5.25||5.25||5.25|
|Quantitative Aptitude (out of 50)||8.5||8.5||8.5||12.25||8.5||8.5||8.5|
|Total (out of 200)||82.75||69.75||94||95.25||43.25||82.25||79|
|Total (out of 250)||108.25||92.25||119.75||123.75||62.5||107.25||108|
|GD (out of 50)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Personal Interview (out of 50)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
Bank of Baroda PO Job Profile
The job of a PO at Bank of Baroda entails the following responsibilities:
- Sanctioning and approving loan & credit facilities
- Ensuring loans do not become NPAs
- Document verification
- Maintaining official records of people’s loans
- Ensure avoiding loan repayment failure
- Maintaining the annual balance sheet
- Making audit reports of financial years
- Implementation of Government schemes
Bank of Baroda PO Salary Details
Here’s what the salary structure for Bank of Baroda PO looks like:
Basic salary per month: INR 29, 670
Additional pay: INR 5, 052
Bank of Baroda PO 2021 Exam Analysis
These are the key topics that were noticed frequenting the Bank of Baroda PO exam papers:
- Information Technology and its applications
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National issues
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Mental ability
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Be thorough with each of these topics, and keep track of time.
The Bank of Baroda PO 2021 exam is not hard, but preparation is key. If you are familiar with current affairs, you are good to go!
Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment 2021 Preparation Tips
If you are aspiring to be a Probationary Officer (PO) at Bank of Baroda, here are some tips to keep a note of:
- Do allot enough time for every category of the question paper with special focus on the sections that overwhelm you more.
- Keep practicing and honing your skills in aptitude and reasoning questions.
- Enhance your knowledge about current affairs as preparation for the personal interview and group discussion.
- Sharpen your public speaking skills.
Bank of Baroda Previous Years Question Papers
Here are a few previous years question papers for the Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment exam 2021:
Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment Exam Books
|A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||RS Agarwal|
|Reading Comprehension, Ordering of Sentences, Ordering of Words and Cloze Test||Dilip Khushwaha|
|High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin||N D V Prasada Rao|
Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 Study Plan
- 40 questions:1mark each
- No strategy or trick required
- Read the newspaper daily and be aware of the status quo
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- 50 questions: 75 marks total
- Must have sound analytical and logical skills.
- Practice previous years papers regularly
- 40 questions: 50 marks total
- Involves calculations
- Learn your theories and formulas by heart and practice more
- 35 questions: 1 mark each
- Pay attention to vocabulary and grammar, antonyms, synonyms, reading comprehension, error-detection, cloze test, idioms, phrases, para-jumbles, fill in the blanks, and so on.
- Read more
The Bank of Baroda PO exam 2021 official notification will be out soon. The more you prepare for the PO exam, the better are the chances of you acing it. Fill out the application form carefully and pay the fee in due time.
Do not leave preparations for the last minute and keep note of previous years’ papers. Go through the question patterns and answer keys thoroughly to pass the Bank of Baroda PO 2021 exam without hitch!