- Team Edural
BSSC or the Bihar Staff Selection Commission will announce numerous vacancies for Inter-Level posts for the recruitment drive of 2021. The BSSC Inter-Level exam appoints individuals for a multiplicity of posts, including, but not limited to, that of a clerk, typist, stenographer, revenue worker, forest guard, driver, and so on.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 At A Glance
|Name||BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC)|
|Vacant Posts||Inter-Level (Forest Guard, Stenographer, Revenue Worker, Typist, and more)|
|Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, Interview|
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Notification
The Bihar State Selection Commission is yet to release the notification for the recruitment drive of 2021. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of BSSC to stay up to date whenever it is released.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Important Dates
|BSSC Inter-Level notification release||to be announced|
|BSSC Inter-Level online application opens||to be announced|
|BSSC Inter-Level online application closes||to be announced|
|BSSC Inter-Level admit card release||to be announced|
|BSSC Inter-Level exam date||to be announced|
|BSSC Inter-Level result||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021
Candidates must have their 12th standard pass certificates attained from a government-recognized board. For Stenographer or similar posts, a Typing Test shall be conducted as well, so candidates must prepare for that alongside the Prelims and Mains.
Candidates must be permanent residents of India.
Age Limit (as of 1 January 2020):
- Lower Age Limit: 18 years
- Upper Age Limit for Men: 37 years
- Upper Age Limit for Women: 40 years
Note: OBC candidates will enjoy a relaxation of 3 years, while SC/ST candidates will be offered a relaxation of 5 years.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Application Fee
|General/OBC (Bihar)||INR 300|
|SC /ST (Bihar)||INR 75|
|Women (Bihar)||INR 75|
|Others (Outside Bihar)||INR 300|
How to Apply for BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021
- Visit the official website of BSSC.
- Click on the "Register" option.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Verify the OTP to confirm your communication details.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the BSSC Inter-Level application form.
- Fill in your particulars carefully.
- Upload a clear, scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Take a printout of your application and fee receipt for reference.
- Once the registration is successful, you will receive the confirmation by SMS or email.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Admit card
After filling the application form, eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official BSSC website. As of yet, there has been no update on the release date of admit cards.
List of Vacancies
The vacancies for 2021 has not been released yet, but candidates can check out the trend of vacancies for previous years below:
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Reservation List
The BSSC Inter-Level Recruitment examination 2021 will follow Government-mandated reservation policies. BSSC is yet to release the list of vacancies for 2021. Candidates can find the general trend of category-specific vacancies under the section, 'List of Vacancies'.
BSSC Inter-Level Selection Process 2021
The selection process consists of 3 levels:
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
Here's a breakdown of the weightage that each section in the written examination carries:
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Time Duration|
|Paper 1||Hindi||100||2 hours 15 mins|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||150||3 hours 15 mins|
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|General Science and Mathematics||50|
|Mental Ability Test||50|
Note: The total time duration is 135 minutes.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Syllabus
The overall syllabus includes the following:
|Mathematics||Simplification, Percentage, Number system, LCM and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Number series, Average, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple and Compound Interest, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration and Data Interpretation|
|Hindi||Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Correction in Sentences, Idioms and their meanings, Spell Checks|
|General Knowledge/General Studies/General Science||Brief knowledge of India's neighboring countries, History, Geography, Culture, Economic trend, General Polity, and Scientific Research in India, Science, Books and Authors, Current Affairs, Sports, Important Days, Important Schemes, Portfolios, and People in News, Administration, Festivals, Classical and Folk Music, Fun Fairs, Famous Tourist Sites|
|Mental Ability Test||Arrangements and pattern, Coding decoding, Order and Ranking, Syllogism, Linear Seating arrangement, Mathematical Inequalities, Blood relations, Circular Seating arrangement, Classification, Scheduling|
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Results
The BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 results are yet to be released. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for their results.
BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021 Cut-off
The cut offs for 2021 is yet to be released, but provided below is a category-specific list of cut offs as announced for previous years:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage (%)|
BSSC Inter-Level Job Profile
Here are the duties that a BSSC Inter-Level post includes:
- Writing minutes of speeches or meetings and transcribing speeches.
- Assisting ministers in penning down speeches and other miscellaneous duties.
- Keeping note of the various activities and office work of ministers.
- Leading press conference briefings.
- Protecting the forest, including its flora and fauna.
- Assisting the government in the execution of various forest operation tasks.
- Detecting offenses in the forest.
- Working under the direct supervision of the Commissioner and the Deputy Commissioner.
- Collecting municipal taxes.
- Performing miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Assisting with correspondence duties such as filing and typing errands as commanded by the senior officer.
- Perform official tasks as instructed by seniors.
BSSC Inter-Level Salary Details
Here is a look at the salary structure for BSSC Inter-Level posts:
|Grade Pay||INR 1,900 to 2400|
|Salary Range||INR 5,200 to 20,200|
BSSC inter-level employees will also be eligible for the following incentives:
- Refreshment allowance
- House rental allowance
- Dearness allowance
- Medical allowance
BSSC Inter-Level Examination Analysis
The sections that will feature in the BSSC Inter-Level 2021 paper are:
- Mental Ability Test
- General Knowledge
- General Science
Points to note:
- The exam will consist of objective-type MCQs.
- Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks and each wrong answer will cost 1 mark.
- The paper will be available in both English and Hindi.
Here is a section-specific idea of good attempts:
|Section||Number of Good Attempts|
|General Studies/General Knowledge||30 to 32|
|General Science and Mathematics||25 to 26|
|Language/Mental Ability Test||22 to 24|
|Overall||85 to 90|
Here is a section-specific idea of the difficulty level:
|General Studies/General Knowledge||Easy to Moderate|
|General Science and Mathematics||Easy to Moderate|
|Language/Mental Ability Test||Moderate|
|Overall||Easy to Moderate|
Preparation Tips for BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021
Candidates preparing for BSSC Inter-Level 2021 are well-advised to do the following:
- Solving practice/mock papers to gauge their preparations well. Getting into a habit of solving 1 model paper a day is a good way of keeping oneself prepared before the exam.
- Focusing on all-round development instead of studying solely from books is an important part of the BSSC Inter-Level exam preparation. Candidates should make use of online trial tests and study guides to gain that competitive edge.
- Allotting a specific number of mathematics exercises daily from different subtopics and solving them diligently. Focusing on the errors and redoing the incorrect problems over and over again is advisable.
- Reading local newspapers will provide a good base for Hindi Language preparation. Additionally, it will enhance fluency in Hind, as well as help stay up to date with local and national current affairs.
- Speaking with those in the vicinity in Hindi and watching TV shows, movies, and news channels in Hindi will be beneficial.
- Practicing dialogues in front of the mirror to improve confidence and speaking skills is highly advised for the interview.
BSSC Previous Years Question Papers
Candidates can find some previous question papers and model papers by following these links:
Previous Years' Papers:
Recommended Books for BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021
Here are some books as suggested by the SSC portal:
|Bihar SSC Inter and Graduate level Exam Practice Set||Vidya|
|Bihar SSC Inter and Graduation Level Exam (Hindi)||Vidya|
|Bihar SSC Second Graduate Level Main Exam Practice Work Book (Hindi)||Kiran|
|Bihar SSC General Knowledge (Hindi)||Vidya|
|Bihar SSC Mental Ability (Hindi)||Vidya|
|Bihar SSC First Inter Level Prarambhik Exam Practice Work Book||Kiran|
|Bihar S.S.C. Inter Stariya Prarambhik Pariksha: Category A and B||Upkar|
Here are some more subject-specific books:
- Samanya Hindi: Arihant
|Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Fourth edition (2018)||Rajesh Verma|
Mental Ability Test:
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Multidimensional Reasoning||Mishra and Kumar Dr. Lal|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Panday|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali|
General Knowledge/General Studies:
|Quick General Awareness||Disha Publications|
|Advanced Objective General Knowledge||S. Chand|
|General Awareness for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|General Knowledge Manual||Pearson Publications|
Study Plan for BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021
Any candidate interested in cracking the BSSC Inter-Level exam should plan to do the following:
- Read books on Hindi phrases and idioms, and try to incorporate them in daily conversations.
- Practice writing short stories or poems in Hindi to build fluency and retain vocabulary.
- Dedicate 6-8 hours to studying in a day; more than that can be exhaustive.
- Make comprehensive notes for every chapter and gather the common topics of all help books together so as to avoid feeling overwhelmed with the syllabus.
- Get into a daily routine and always begin your preparations early.
Candidates are advised to carry all necessary documents to the exam center. Furthermore, candidates should positively bring the following:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued ID for identity verification
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any new notifications regarding BSSC Inter-Level Exam 2021. The payment ID must b kept handy after paying for the application form, as it may be necessary in case of discrepancies.
Candidates must begin preparations as early as possible to avoid unnecessary last-minute stress. After all, the mind is at its strongest when it's relaxed. With that said, aspirants must have faith in their preparations and the hard work they've put in.
All the best!