- Team Edural
Assam Common Entrance Exam (Assam CEE) is taken care of annually by the Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU) for admission into the prestigious B.Tech programme at various engineering institutions located across Assam. It is conducted in June. Below is the briefing of every sub-topic concerning the examination.
ASSAM CEE 2021 HIGHLIGHTS:
|Name of the Exam||Assam Combined Entrance Exam|
|Minimum Eligibility||Class 12th|
|Purpose of the Exam||The entrance exam is conducted for admission in Engineering (B.Tech.)|
|Exam Date||July 2021|
|Subjects||Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen-Paper Based)|
|Admission Process||The candidates need to participate in the counselling process after the entrance test results.|
ASSAM CEE 2021 IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
|Assam CEE 2021 Events||Dates|
|Online Application Start Date||14th July 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||2nd August 2021|
|Download Admit Card||15th August 2021|
|Assam CEE 2021 Exam||29th August 2021|
|Result||8th September 2021|
|Counselling||To be Notified|
ASSAM CEE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2021:
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen and a permanent resident of Assam.
- The candidate should be between the age group of 17 to 21 years as of 1 August 2021.
- For B.Sc. passed aspirants, the upper age limit is 22 years.
- There are three years of relaxation for candidates belonging to the reserved (SC/ST) category.
- Candidates need to pass the last qualifying examination in 'one sitting in the following subjects: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & English.
- It is mandatory to secure at least 50% marks in aggregate while 45% for SC and 40% for ST, including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Number of Attempts-
There is no such restriction to the number of attempts. The number of attempts is limited to the candidate's age of 21 years.
Other Important Eligibility Norms-
- The candidate should have a good moral character.
- The candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
ASSAM CEE APPLICATION FEE 2021:
|General Candidates||INR 750|
|SC/ST Candidates||INR 750|
HOW TO APPLY FOR ASSAM CEE 2021:
The process of filling the Assam CEE exam application form 2021 is given below:
Step 1 - Assam CEE Registration
- Visit the official website of DTE, Assam.
- Click on 'Click Here to Apply’ mentioned in the notification panel.
- After that, enter the details such as your name, valid Email Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth which completes the registration.
- Now, create a password for the application form & click on 'Continue' tab.
Step 2 - Filling of Assam CEE Application Form
- Enter your personal & Parents’ Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Preferred Course, academic details such as your name, Gender, Qualifying Examination, Permanent Address, City and other residential details, Mobile Number and Exam Centre.
- Ensure that the mobile number & email address you provide are correct because they will be required for future admission processes.
Step 3 -Uploading of Documents
- After filling the application form, you need to upload some documents supporting your eligibility criteria and pass status.
- You need to ensure that the documents uploaded are authentic and only in the prescribed format and size.
Step 4 - Payment of Fees
After uploading the requisite documents & providing all the details, you need to pay the application fee online or offline.
Step 5 - Download of Confirmation Page
- After successfully paying fees, you need to take a printout of the confirmation page for further admission rounds.
- The confirmation page cannot be regenerated at any later stage.
- You need not submit any hard copy of the application form.
ASSAM CEE ADMIT CARD 2021:
Candidates will be able to check their admit cards of Assam CEE 2021 on their official website. Assam CEE hall ticket shall be released for all the aspirants who complete the registration before the appointed last date. Admit card is an essential document without which no examinee will be allowed to appear for the entrance test. The steps to download Assam CEE hall ticket 2021 are mentioned below-
- Visit the official website of Assam CEE 2021
- Click on the admit card link available on the web.
- Login using the application number & password.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a print-out of it.
- Four marks will be granted for each correct response.
- There is a negative marking for Assam CEE.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
ASSAM CEE RESERVATION LIST 2021:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribes (Plains) (ST(P)||10%|
|Scheduled Tribes (Hills) (ST(H))||5%|
|Other Backward Classes (including MOBC)||As per the latest Government Rules|
|Tea garden labor community (TGLC)||1 seat per college|
|Ex-tea garden labor community (Ex TGLC)||1 seat per college|
|Son and Daughter of Ex-Serviceman||1 seat per college|
ASSAM CEE EXAM PATTERN 2021:
|Total Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|No. of question per sections||40|
|Total Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
- Four marks will be granted for each correct response.
- There a is negative marking for Assam CEE.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
ASSAM CEE 2021 SYLLABUS:
- Mathematics- Mathematical Induction and Its Application, Binomial Theorem and Its Applications, Integral Calculus, Permutations and Combinations, Vector Algebra, Sets, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Its Applications, Matrices and Determinants, Complex numbers, Relations and Functions, Differential Calculus, Dynamics, Sequences and Series, Two-Dimensional Geometry, Differential Equations, Three Dimensional Geometry, Statics, Dynamics, Trigonometry, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion.
- Physics- Transference of Heat, Electrostatics, Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices, Atoms, Work, Energy and Power, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Molecules and Nuclei, Waves, Current Electricity, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Atoms, Units and Measurement, Oscillations, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Solids and Fluids, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Molecules, and Nuclei, Electromagnetic Waves, Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices, Ray Optics, Units and Measurement, Description of Motion in Two & Three Dimensions.
- Chemistry- Transition Metals Including Lanthanides, Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics, Atomic Structure, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemistry In Action, Surface Chemistry, States of Matter, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Organic Compound Containing Halogens, Some Basic Concepts, Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Chemistry of Non-metals-II, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemistry of Non-Metals – 1, Synthetic and Natural Polymers, Environmental Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Heavy Metals, Coordination Chemistry and Organo-Metallics, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Chemistry of Lighter Metals, Some Basic Principles, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Nuclear Chemistry.
ASSAM CEE 2021 COUNSELLING PROCESS:
Assam CEE 2021 counselling is expected to take place from October first week onwards. All eligible candidates who qualify for the entrance test will be called for the counselling process. This joint entrance examination (CEE) is conducted for the aspirants of engineering. The selected candidates will be allotted seats in the various reputed and recognized participating colleges.
Candidates will be allowed to make three choices of their preferred courses & colleges in Form B. The counselling process is conducted offline. Aspirants/ candidates must be present at the counselling, as the absence of the candidates can lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
ASSAM CEE Counselling procedure-
- Get yourself registered at the counselling centre allotted by the concerned authority.
- Download the counselling form from their website & take the print-out.
- Fill in the details like the name of the candidate, date of birth, roll number, name of the examination, educational qualification, documents to be submitted, marks obtained in Assam CEE 2021, nationality, etc.
- In Form B, fill in three courses per the preference, in the order assigned by the counselling conducting authority of the exam, ASSAM CEE.
- Alas, Submit the form to the concerned authority.
- Along with the registration form, submit the required documents.
- After the registration process gets over, aspirants will be individually called for the document verification.
- Candidates must keep all the authentic documents and photocopies of which have been submitted along with Form B.
- Pay the counselling fee during the counselling.
- A non-refundable sum of Rs 600 shall be paid at the counselling centre.
Choice Filling and Seat Allotment:
- Candidates need to fill in the choice of course & preferred institution as mentioned in their Form B.
- Seats will be allotted based on the seat availability, marks secured & preferences filled by them.
- Confirmation of the seat allotment shall be given only after the completion of the seat allocation process.
Reporting and Admission:
- Aspirants need to report to the allotted college at least 30 mins before the stated time.
- Take all the essential documents along with your recent passport size photographs.
- Candidates need to complete the admission procedure within the specified date and time prescribed by the concerned authority.
Documents required during counselling-
Candidates must bring the following documents with them during the counselling-
- Caste/Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC)
- 10th standard Admit Card/ Pass Certificate for Age Proof issued by Board/Council
- 10th standard Mark sheet
- Assam CEE admit card 2021
- 12th standard Admit Card
- 12th standard Mark sheet
- Academic Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended.
- Four recent passport-size photographs.
All the documents mentioned above should be carried in original along with self-attested photocopies.
ASSAM CEE RESULT 2021:
- Assam CEE 2021 result shall be announced during September expectedly. A merit list will also be accessible along with it, which shows the secured ranks of the aspirants/ candidates. Only the qualified candidates will be called for Assam CEE counselling 2021 & seats will be allotted based on merit. Based on the results, aspirants can apply for B.Tech programmes in different participating Colleges.
ASSAM CEE Result dates-
|Result Date||September Last Week 2021|
|Round 1 of Counselling||October 2021|
|Round 2 of Counselling||October 2021|
ASSAM CEE 2021 CUT-OFF:
Assam CEE 2021 cut-off shall be released by the conducting body of the exam post the declaration of Assam CEE 2021 Result.
ASSAM CEE Cut-off dates-
|The Examination||June Last Week 2021|
|Result Declaration||July Second Week 2021|
|Cut-off Release||To Be Declared|
ASSAM CEE Category-wise expected cut-off-
|Category||Assam CEE 2016 Cut-off||Assam CEE 2017 Cut-off|
ASSAM CEE College seat allotment-
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat||240|
|Barak Valley Engineering College Karimganj||120|
ASSAM CEE PREPARATION TIPS 2021:
There is a total of three sections in the Assam CEE examination; Mathematics, Chemistry & Physics. It is suggested to the candidates that they prepare section-wise as it makes the preparation productive & intelligent.
Preparation tips for Physics-
- This section consists of 40 questions carrying four marks each, which needs to be solved in 60 mins.
- It is vital to hold a good command over derivations & formulas, which will help solve numericals.
- Aspirants must learn easy tricks to calculate faster & possibly mug up some common square roots, cubes, logarithmic values, etc.
- Take practice sessions regularly without ceasing. This will help the aspirants attain accuracy & confidence while solving the numerical of physics.
- There isn't just one way to work out numerical. By practising mock-tests and previous years' question papers, students can solve the problems in less time.
- Always take help from your mentors in case of any query.
- Specific topics are asked frequently & carry weightage such as Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Wave Motion, Heat and Thermodynamics, Rotational Motions and Laws of Motion.
Preparation tips for Chemistry-
- This section carries 40 questions that need to be solved in 60 minutes, which ideally means one question needs to be solved in 1.5 minutes.
- Physical Chemistry is considerably easy, so you should prepare thoroughly.
- Give more time to Organic Chemistry as it is a little more complicated; many things need to be mugged up.
- The notes you prepare should be brief and precise. Huge notes are just mundane to look at!
- Make a habit of revising the complicated chemical structures of different compounds so that you recall them correctly.
- Focus on "Why questions" from d, f & s-Block chapters.
- The candidates must memorize the Periodic Table along with all atomic numbers & mass numbers of the elements. It saves a lot of time in the examination.
- It is crucial to memorize a chemical reaction & equation, which helps understanding its break-up. This will help in recalling chemical equations that students often tend to forget under exam pressure.
- The important topics for this section are Chemical Bonding, S Block Elements, Transition Elements - D & F block, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Thermodynamics.
Preparation tips for Mathematics-
- This section also consists of 40 questions that need to be solved in 60 minutes.
- While practising, learn to visualize the problems related to 3D Geometry.
- Clear the essential concepts by reworking the topics that you find difficult will make it easier to solve problems.
- Learn formulas by heart to save time!
- Learn to calculate either on the tips of your fingers or verbally.
- Ensure every calculation is correct because working again on it after completing the whole calculation is simply never going to happen.
- Solving previous years' question papers & mock tests will help a lot as practising is indispensable.
- The critical topics to ace this section are 3D Geometry, Probability, Vectors, Permutation & Combination, Matrices Determinants, Definite Integration and Complex Numbers.
ASSAM CEE PREVIOUS YEARS' QUESTION PAPER:
Click here to view Assam CEE Previous Year Question Papers
Click here to view Assam CEE 2014 Question Paper Chemistry
Click here to view Assam CEE 2014 Question Paper Biology
Click here to view Assam CEE 2014 Question Paper Physics
Click here to view Assam CEE 2014 Question Paper Mathematics
ASSAM CEE BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
|Mathematics||Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma, Xam Idea Mathematics of class 12th, NCERT Mathematics books of Class 11th and 12th, BCECE Mathematics by Arihant.|
|Chemistry||BCECE Chemistry by Arihant, Xam Idea Chemistry of class 12th, Objective Chemistry by Pradeep, NCERT Chemistry books of class 11th and 12th.|
|Physics||Concepts of Physics - H. C. Verma, Objective Physics by Pradeep, NCERT Physics books of class 11th and 12th, Xam Idea Physics of class 12th.|
|Other||15 Years 2006-2020 Solved Papers Kerala CEE Engineering Entrance Exam, Target JEE Main 2021 by Disha Experts, Xam Idea by VK Global Publication.|
ASSAM CEE STUDY PLAN 2021:
- Understanding Exam Pattern: Most of the time, we ignore small details that cause problems during the exam. Understanding the exam pattern is an important task for an aspirant before appearing for the examination.
- Important Topics: There are specific topics in every examination from which questions are asked frequently every year. Solving the previous year questions is the smartest thing one can do before the examination as it helps identify the important topics.
- Time Management: Only knowing the answer to every question doesn't determine the student's standard unless they see the value of time during the examination. Practice time management. Add it to your daily task to test your speed.
- Strength and Weakness: By regularly solving previous years' Assam CEE question papers, candidates will be fully aware of the areas of their strength and weakness, and then they can work on it accordingly.
- Knowing the Syllabus Well- Knowing the syllabus in detail is a significant task before starting with the exam preparation. Knowing the syllabus in depth helps in segregating complex topics from easy ones.
- Understanding the Exam Pattern Well- Having a firm discernment of the exam pattern is crucial. This helps get the grip over the questions in the exam, the weightage that each question carries and time management.
- Make Notes- This tip doesn't even need to be here but yes, making quick notes when you're studying helps them the next time you flip their books for revision.
- Seek Guidance From Experts- Take help from experts or your mentors to prepare for the exam. You can also take help from seniors, friends, teachers, parents, or those who have already given the ASSAM CEE. Be ignorant to hesitation here.
We hope we saved your time and tears, enabling you to find the information about ASSAM CEE in one article!
Link leading to official notification, click here.